Routine items on agenda for county commissioners (9/18/20)McCOOK, Neb. -- A week after passing the annual budget, one of their biggest tasks of the year, Red Willow County commissioners have a relatively light agenda Monday. After calling the meeting to...
Details released on free breakfast, lunch for students (9/18/20)McCOOK, Neb. — Beginning Monday Sept. 21, 2020, all McCook Public School students enrolled in grades pre-K through grade 12 will receive free breakfasts and lunches. This program is funded by the...
State history official to keynote Norris Breakfast (9/18/20)McCOOK, Neb. -- “What would George Norris think about 2020?” That is the question History Nebraska CEO, Trevor Jones, will address as the keynote speaker at the McCook 2020 Norris Breakfast, Sept, 25...
Replat request on City Council agenda (9/18/20)McCOOK, Neb. — The McCook City Council will be asked to approve a re-platting request from MNB so the bank can build a professional building. A public hearing on the request is Monday night at the...
- Airport passenger numbers still down, but not as much as before (9/17/20)
- Free lunch program extended for McCook Public Schools (9/17/20)
- Board members offer positive comments (9/17/20)
- Precautions in place for Heritage Days (9/17/20)
- Community Foundation Fund to McCook Public Schools: Dream big (9/17/20)
- 10 new cases, one death reported; businesses urged to have COVID-19 plans in place (9/15/20)
- MPS budget up 2.2%, levy steady (9/15/20)
- Offices asked to control spending as commissioners pass budget (9/14/20)
- North Platte physician dies of COVID-19 (9/14/20)
- Climbing to remember (9/11/20)
- Bison start fast and blast through Bluejays, 41-14 (9/18/20)
- Trojans top Arapahoe, Roughriders regain winning path (9/18/20)
- 'Force' is strong with relentless Bison girls (9/18/20)
- Bison runs 'one of his best' at home invite (9/18/20)
- Roughrider runs to another victory at Arapahoe (9/18/20)
- COVID didn't stop Go-Karts from fine season (9/18/20)
- Stars rally to top Bison on diamond (9/18/20)
John Arthur Cederberg (9/18/20)John Arthur Cederberg July 11, 1934 - Sept. 16, 2020 OBERLIN, Kan. — John Arthur Cederberg, 86, died Wednesday (Sept. 16, 2020), at the Decatur County Hospital in Oberlin.. He was born July 11, 1934,...
Denyse Scott (9/17/20)
Leslie Allen “Shorty” Marvin (9/17/20)Leslie Allen “Shorty” Marvin April 19, 1920 - Sept. 14, 2020 HOLDREGE, Neb. — Leslie Allen “Shorty” Marvin, 100, of Holdrege, died Monday (Sept. 14, 2020), at Holdrege Memorial Homes. He was born...
Sis birth (9/18/20)Katelynn Ray Sis Aaron and Marci Sis of McDonald, Kan., announce the birth of their daughter, Katelynn Ray Sis, who was born July 27, 2020, at North Platte, Neb. She weighed 8 pounds, 10 ounces and...
Stoney birthday (9/17/20)90th birthday The family of Nadean Stoney of Oberlin, Kan, formerly of Indianola, Neb., is requesting a card shower in honor of her 90th birthday on Sunday, Sept. 20, 2020. Her family includes 6...
Jean Wilcox birthday (9/4/20)The family of Jean Wilcox of McCook, Neb., is requesting a card shower in celebration of her 95th birthday, on Friday, Sept. 11, 2020. Birthday wishes can reach her at 412 West M Street, McCook, NE ...
Letter to the Editor: Alex Trebek (9/17/20)Dear Editor, Larry Evans, director of the Trenton Public Library, and Carol Wimer, assistant program director of El Dorado Manor, have made life more tolerable for me. They made certain that books...
Editorial: Home schooling moves from fringe to preferred option (9/17/20)Most students, teachers and parents are overjoyed to see kids back in class, and all the people who made sure education continued during the pandemic deserve our gratitude and utmost respect. The...
Estate SalesSale Date: Sat. Oct. 3 Time: 10:00 am Person having sale: Orville Gaibler Estate & Others Location: East Edge of Farnam, NE Main items for sale: Tractors, Comines, 4-Wheelers, Lawn Mowers, Trucks, Pickups, Trailers, Farm & Haying Equipment, Shop Tools, Antiques, Miscellaneous. Auctioneer Co. Messersmith Auction Co. See Big Nickel: 9/18/20
For RentStalk rent, 2 sections, water, South of McCook and Indianola, call Brad (402) 460-8688
Estate SalesSale Date: Tue. Oct. 13 Time: 10:00 am Person having sale: Culbertson Real Estate Location: 607 Tate, Culbertson, NE Main items for sale: One Bedroom House with one car garage & lots of storage on large lot, open house 10/3 11am-12pm Auctioneer Co. MNB Realty, LLC See Gazette: 9/17/20