No contest plea in killing of McCook man (2/3/23)McCOOK, Neb. — Sentencing is set April for an Indianola man who could face 40 years in prison after pleading no contest to manslaughter and witness tampering in the killing of a McCook man in October...
Inmate serving local sentence missing from corrections facility (2/3/23)LINCOLN, Neb. — An inmate serving time for sexual assault and other charges in Red Willow and Frontier counties is missing from the Community Corrections Center in Lincoln. According to authorities,...
Council to hear update on city welcome signs (2/3/23)McCOOK, Neb — The McCook City Council will be brought up to speed on what’s going on with city entry signs, at the regular meeting on Monday, 5:30 p.m. at the City Council chambers at the City...
Blood donors needed to prevent February shortage (2/1/23)OMAHA, Neb. — Spring is close, but February often brings unpredictable winter weather that can cause blood drive cancellations and make it difficult for donors to make it to their appointments...
- 'Jeopardy!' host Ken Jennings to headline Nebraska Science Festival (2/2/23)
- Holbrook Lions Club sale April 1 (2/1/23)
- AARP offers Community Challenge Grants (2/1/23)
- BRAN 41 to roll through Southwest Nebraska (2/1/23)
- Colorado teen arrested after high-speed chase (1/31/23)
- Rotarians learn about human trafficking; contribute items for ‘Go Bags’ outreach (1/31/23)1
- County fair bidding process clarified (1/30/23)
- McCook mansion getting new lease on life (1/27/23)
- Education in spotlight for legislative update (1/27/23)
- Moldy monsters and super glue (1/26/23)
You can purchase a reprint of any photo in these galleries. Simply note the file number watermarked across the center of the photo, and then fill out photo order form here
(Your ordered photo will not have the Gazette logo or the watermark on it)
- Bison take home five top three places from SWC meet (2/3/23)
- Bison get shot at 19-0 Ogallala tonight; host games Saturday-Monday (2/3/23)
- Returnees lead MCC's diamond quest for deeper playoff run (2/3/23)
- M.V. girls rally for a well-earned home victory (2/3/23)
- Seniors hit from long range in Raiders' big home win (2/3/23)
- Cambridge wrestling in state duals on Saturday (2/3/23)
- Swedes prove to be beasts for younger Bison (2/3/23)
Kool birthday (1/20/23)80th birthday The family of Howard Kool of McCook is requesting a card shower in honor of his 80th birthday on Monday, Jan. 23, 2023. He was born and raised in Oskaloosa, Iowa, and started his...
Miller birthday (1/20/23)70th birthday The family of Jerry Pollmann Miller of McCook is requesting a card shower in honor of her 70th birthday on Sunday, Jan. 29, 2023. She was born in Benkelman, Neb. Her family includes...
Anderson birthday (1/20/23)80th birthday The family of Marilyn Anderson of McCook is requesting a card shower in honor of her 80th birthday on Monday, Jan. 30, 2023. Her family includes her husband, Eugene Anderson; daughters,...
Sharon Deon (2/2/23)Sharon Deon McCOOK, Neb. — Sharon Deon, 82, died Wednesday ( Feb. 1, 2023), at Community Hospital of McCook. The family chose cremation with a service at a future date. A full obituary will appear...
Blanche Frances Koons (2/2/23)Blanche Frances Koons Sept. 26, 1918 - Jan. 28, 2023 RAWLINS COUNTY, Kan. — Blanche Frances Koons passed away Saturday, Jan. 28, 2023, at the Rawlins County Health Center at the age of 104. She was...
Eleanor Elaine Berndt (1/31/23)
Letter to the Editor: Hindus OK with God back in schools, if includes Hindu gods (1/31/23)Hindus very much like the idea of daily prayer in Nebraska public schools as long as it includes the prayers of diverse religions and denominations practiced in Nebraska and the nation and the...
Letter to the Editor: Clearing up COVID questions, concerns (1/31/23)Dear Editor, Thank you for continuing to open up the lines of communication regarding the COVID situation. It is always good to raise questions and concerns, especially when it concerns people’s...
Estate SalesSale Date: Sat. Feb. 18 Time: 10:00 am Person having sale: Public Auction Location: 4-H Building, Red Willow Fairgrounds, McCook, NE Main items for sale: 02 PT Cruiser, Artic Cat Snowmobile, 93 Hillsboro Trailer, 98 Ford Ranger, Tools, Collectibles, Name Brand Glassware, miscellaneous. Auctioneer Co. Youngs Auction Service See Big Nickel: 2/3/23
Help WantedFeed driver wanted, must have a CLASS A CDL W/2 yrs experience. Hauling wet & dry distillers grain around NE, KS, CO & TX weekly pay plus insurance call Chris or Gene 785-877-5959.
PetsRegistered blood hounds. Have first shots. Call Patrick 308-737-0757 for more info.