'Miracle child' finds special help to overcome rare deformityLINCOLN, Neb. — Pretty, impish Ava Gross is a miracle child. Her parents, Chandra and Corey, had already lost two babies to miscarriage when Chandra started hemorrhaging in her third pregnancy....
Subdivision, engine brakes on City Council agendaMcCOOK, Neb. — Six public hearings are slated Monday night at the regular McCook City Council meeting and later, a discussion of prohibiting “jake brakes” within city limits, 6:30 p.m. at the city...
Hemp still not a sure thingMcCOOK, Neb. — With all the talk, no one’s quite sure what kind of impact hemp production would have on the state. There’s no doubt it would grow well here, said Dist. 44 State Sen. Dan Hughes...
Cardio care is 'heart' of major Community Hospital project (2/14/19)McCOOK, Neb. — Within Community Hospital's $21.2 million 2019-2021 construction project are plans to double the size of the existing cardiopulmonary rehabilitation department. This rehab expansion...
- Besides being fun, 'Bison Days' connects students, community (2/13/19)
- Tri Valley Health names new interim CEO (2/13/19)
- Board OKs contract for ag teacher (2/13/19)
- Bison Days (2/12/19)
- Commissioners OK two new subdivisions (2/12/19)
- McCook Public Schools tightening belt (2/12/19)5
- Cowboy Trail groups win major grant (2/8/19)
- Environmental impact statement on R-Project released (2/8/19)
- Planners asked to OK new tracts (2/8/19)
- Sweeping the sidewalks (2/8/19)
- Bison cheer keeps state wrestling meet movingMcCook High cheerleaders were selected to be mat workers for the first time in history at this year’s Nebraska State Wrestling Meet. Bria Simmonds (above left ) shows their work ethic and hustle while geting ready to let a ref know the period has ended Thursday...
- Dynamite duo at same weight reach state semifinals (2/15/19)
- Big win over Viking tops Bison state round (2/15/19)
- McCook's swim-dive state spots are finalized (2/15/19)
- 'Makers rally to ruin Bison boys home finale (2/15/19)
- DC-S girls go outside to top Trojans again (2/15/19)
- M-HC girls beat Broncos for subdistrict title (2/15/19)
- Bison state wrestlers want to gain respect (2/15/19)
Charlotte S. Lawson (2/15/19)Charlotte S. Lawson Dec. 5, 1938 -Feb. 15, 2019 McCOOK, Neb. — Charlotte S. Lawson, 80, of McCook, died Friday (Feb. 15, 2019), at Hillcrest Nursing Home. Services are pending with Herrmann Jones...
Cooper Aaxton (2/15/19)Cooper Aaxton Sept. 20, 1948 - Feb. 14, 2019 McCOOK, Neb. — Cooper Aaxton, 70, formerly of Stratton, Neb., died Thursday (Feb. 14, 2019), at Hillcrest Nursing Home. Services are pending with...
Harold A. Teel (2/14/19)Harold A. Teel Aug. 7, 1927 - Feb. 5, 2019 ST. LOUIS, Mo. — Harold A. Teel, S.J., passed from this life on Feb. 5, 2019, at the Fusz Pavilion in St. Louis. He was 91 years of age and a Jesuit for 68...
Clifford Anthony Martin (2/12/19)Clifford Anthony Martin April 14, 1947 - Feb. 7, 2019 CASTLE ROCK, Colo. — Clifford Anthony Martin, 71, died Feb. 7, 2019, at the Castle Rock Adventist Hospital in Castle Rock. He was born in...
Duff K. Wilson (2/12/19)Duff K. Wilson Aug. 11, 1954 - Feb. 10, 2019 McCOOK, Neb. — Duff K. Wilson, age 64, of McCook, passed away at the Nebraska Medical Center in Omaha on Sunday, Feb. 10, 2019. He was born in Denver,...
Dale Ira Williams (2/11/19)
Editorial: 'Silicon Prairie' gets a boost from Google's plans (2/14/19)The announcement by Google was short on details but long on potential for the Cornhusker state. The company said it was spending $13 billion on new and expanded data centers, including one in...
Editorial: Proposed small change could have big long-term results (2/12/19)We’ve long been a fan of Malcolm Gladwell’s 2000 book, “The Tipping Point,” which contends that minor changes can have big results. Perhaps some Nebraska lawmakers have read the book as well. Or,...
For RentClean Apartments for rent to qualified persons. Criminal & Credit checks done on all applicants. Security Deposits required. Appliances, window coverings & all maintenance included. Cable TV available at a reduced cost. Indianola Housing Agency EOE Call 308-350-0395 9:00-12:00 AM
Hay & GrazingAlfalfa hay for sale, round bales, net wrapped and tested. Call 308-278-2171
Local Truck Drivers NeededLocal Truck Drivers needed to haul wet distillers grain in SW NE. Home nightly. FT or PT. Weekly settlements. Must have Class A CDL. Call 308-340-0503.
For Rent4-plex, Indianola. 2 Bdrm Ga. Cntr Air. 308-375-4334