Ready for Christmas
Omicron identified in Nebraska (12/3/21)LINCOLN, Neb. –The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), the Nebraska Public Health Solutions (PHS) District, and the Nebraska Public Health Laboratory (NPHL) have detected six cases of the...
Senator hears advocates' concerns during McCook visit (12/3/21)McCOOK, Neb. — A sexual predator who completes a prison sentence can obtain food stamps and housing assistance, but not someone convicted of selling marijuana. Children on Medicaid who need dental...
Council extends discussion about higher permit fees (12/3/21)McCOOK, Neb. — The McCook City Council will again revisit the possibility of increasing construction and permit fees, at the regular meeting Monday, 5:30 p.m. at the city council chambers at the city...
Love of trains keeps local model railroad club going (12/3/21)Lorri Sughroue Associate Editor McCOOK, Neb. —A local model railroad club is pulling out all the bells and whistles, literally, for a series of open houses this month. The massive display of trains...
- Senator hopes for more conservative colleagues in Nebraska Legislature (12/2/21)
- Podcast features more McCook news (12/2/21)
- Free public vaccine booster clinic Dec. 9 at Community Hospital (12/1/21)
- Tom Osborne encourages all Nebraskans to get vaccinated against COVID-19 (12/1/21)
- Nebraskans turn hope into action (11/30/21)
- COVID-19 booster shots approved for everyone ages 18 and over (11/30/21)
- Hospital official sees hope in judge's ruling (11/30/21)
- Pankonins announce sale of Johnson Publications (11/30/21)
- Another successful Haigler Happening (11/26/21)1
- Fourth graders on the move at annual Nebraska Kids Fitness and Nutrition Day events (11/26/21)
You can purchase a reprint of any photo in these galleries. Simply note the file number watermarked across the center of the photo, and then fill out photo order form here
(Your ordered photo will not have the Gazette logo or the watermark on it)
- MCC women rally from 21 down for big win (12/6/21)
- Starting fast and Bison never ever looked back (12/4/21)
- MCC women fall short against Lancers in Torrington (12/4/21)
- MCC men snap slide with road victory (12/4/21)
- Here's your McCook boys wrestling team in 2021-22! (12/3/21)
- Roughrider girls start strong at Raider expense (12/3/21)
- Raiders soar for season-opening win at Southwest (12/3/21)
Gary Snyder (12/3/21)Gary Snyder March 14, 1966 - Nov. 29, 2021 IMPERIAL, Neb. — Gary Dean Snyder was born March 14, 1966, in Imperial, to Lela Mae (Wonderly) and Peter Jacob Snyder. Gary grew up in Imperial and attended...
Robert “Bob” Allen (12/3/21)Robert “Bob” Allen McCOOK, Neb. — Robert “Bob” Allen, 70, of McCook and formerly of Culbertson, Neb., died Thursday (Dec. 2, 2021), at Bryan Medical Center East Campus in Lincoln, Neb. Cremation...
Angelina ”Angie” C. DeVoe (12/2/21)Angelina ”Angie” C. DeVoe April 21, 1932 – Nov. 22, 2021 OMAHA, Neb. — Angelina ”Angie” C. DeVoe passed away on Nov. 22, 2021. She was preceded in death by parents, Peter James and Mary (Reyna)...
Corder birthday (12/3/21)90th birthday The family of Dorothy Corder of McCook is celebrating her 90th birthday with an open house on Saturday, Dec. 11, from 2-4 p.m., at the Assembly of God Church, 811 East C in McCook....
Roberts anniversary (11/19/21)
Van Fleet birthday (11/19/21)106th birthday The family of Edna (Stewart) Van Fleet of McCook is requesting a card shower in honor of her 106th birthday on Sunday, Nov. 21, 2021. She was born in Culbertson in 1915. Cards of...
Letter to the Editor: Store full of memories (12/2/21)Dear Editor, The Helping Hand Thrift Store in McCook represents a community of people that provide a generous service for our area. The hours donated reflect an organization of caring souls for many...
Letter to the Editor: Thank God for U.S. District Judge Matthew Schelp (12/2/21)Dear Editor, As a former employee at McCook Community Hospital. I am writing this letter in response to Duffy Keller’s letter concerning the mandatory vaccine class action lawsuit. To begin I would...
Owner-OperatorsOwner-Ops needed to haul wet distillers grain in SW NE and NW KS. Home nightly. Our trailer or yours. Weekly settlements. Call 308-340-2319 for more info.
Help WantedNow hiring Full Time & Part Time Hog Barn Assistant needed south of Indianola. $16 hr. Excellent benefits. Jen 308-520-6320 or email: email@example.com
Help WantedRed Willow Animal Clinic is looking for a receptionist. Tasks include invoicing, checking in patients, answering phones, etc. Experience with computers, ability to multitask and pay attention to detail preferred. Full time/4 day work week. Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 308-345-4143.
Estate SalesSale Date: Sat. Dec. 11 Time: 10:00 am MT Person having sale: Donald Brown Living Trust Location: From Benkeman Jct 61 & 34, 6m N, W 8.3m Rd 712, N 1m Ave 330, E on Rd 713 to site Main items for sale: Tractors, Trucks, Farm Machinery, Shop Equipment, Generator, Tanks, Household, Antiques, Lawn & Garden, Miscellaneous. Auctioneer Co. Fanning Auction Service See Big Nickel: 12/3/21