Sharing Easter joy
New procedure, equipment help hospital prepare for COVID-19McCook, Nebraska — Community Hospital has issued the following updates on issues related to the COVID-19 pandemic: Incident Command Community Hospital meets as an incident command planning team...
Free online course streamlines path to CNA trainingMcCOOK, Neb. — Requirements have been relaxed to become a certified nurses assistant, due to the COIVD-19 pandemic. During these unprecedented times, federal regulators have implemented new...
Takeout Tuesday promotion to continue throughout AprilMcCOOK, Neb. — Small businesses are the backbone of a community and now is the time to support them however possible, said the McCook Chamber of Commerce director. Dawson Brunswick spoke to the...
Council OKs LB840 loan for daycare centerMcCOOK, Neb. — Thanks to the city’s LB840 revolving loan fund program, a long-time day care center will be able to stay open with a new owner. “This is a fantastic use of the revolving loan program...
- City property sales 'more fair' under proposed ordinance
- College, high school graduations set July 31
- MCC showcasing high school artists in virtual gallery (4/8/20)
- Church offers Easter Bible Drive-Through event on Good Friday (4/8/20)
- Council OKs $200K in TIF funding for local developer (4/8/20)
- Council cites bidding process in amending insurance agreement (4/8/20)
- Where were you in 1965? (4/7/20)
- Safe, happy birthday (4/7/20)
- Park restrictions (4/7/20)
- Jail debt refinancing delayed by turbulent financial markets (4/7/20)
- Flames spark MCC coach's move to ChicagoMcCOOK, Neb. — After one season as McCook Community College men’s basketball coach, Kyle Drennan is leaving to take over as director of basketball operations at the University of Illinois-Chicago. “This wasn’t my plan and it was a very difficult decision,” Drennan said. “My plan was to coach here for three or four years, establish myself and prove that I could coach at a high level.”...
- Indians bring in Brazilians to complete 2020 team (4/8/20)
- Husker's greatest moments: first title tops last (4/8/20)
- Back to the great days of Don Stine Invite (4/8/20)
- No. 19 not often favorite digits (4/8/20)
- Racing into new reality: Bison busy going as sports halt (4/7/20)
- MCC hoops coach moving on to Chicago (4/7/20)
- Area basketball alums join Omaha's all-decade (4/6/20)
Curtis George Williams (4/9/20)Curtis George Williams July 1, 1929 - March 29, 2020 GLENDALE, Ariz. — Curtis George Williams entered his heavenly home on March 29, 2020. He was born July 1, 1929, to ‘Jack’ Williams and Martha...
Roger D. Jones (4/9/20)Roger D. Jones SMITHFIELD, Neb. — Roger D. Jones, 73, of Smithfield, died Sunday (April 5, 2020) at his home. Services are pending with the Nelson-Bauer Funeral Home in Holdrege, Neb. A full obituary...
Mary Ardell Hardin (4/8/20)
Ruf anniversary (4/8/20)49th anniversary The family of David and Margaret Ruf of Wilsonville, Neb., is requesting a card shower in honor of the couple’s 49th wedding anniversary on Saturday, April, 11, 2020. They were...
Ward anniversary (4/6/20)50th anniversary Eugene and Crystal Ward of Indianola, Neb., will celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary on Monday, April 13, 2020. We, their children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren,...
Reiners birthday (4/3/20)85th birthday The family of James Reiners of Indianola, Neb., is requesting a card shower in honor of his 85th birthday on Thursday, April 9, 2020. He still lives on the farmstead outside of...
Margaret L. Herbert (4/8/20)Margaret L. Herbert Nov. 2, 1947 - April 6, 2020 ARAPAHOE, Neb. — Margaret L. Herbert, 72, of Arapahoe, died Monday (April 6, 2020), at her home. She was born Nov. 2, 1947, to Charles C. and Cecil...
Audrey Jean (Chrisman) Gaver (4/8/20)Audrey Jean (Chrisman) Gaver Jan. 8, 1921 ~ April 1, 2020 NICHOLSVILLE, Ky. — Audrey Jean Gaver, 99, widow of Charles Albert Gaver, left her earthly home on Wednesday, April 1, 2020. She was a...
Scott Russell Leisy (4/8/20)Scott Russell Leisy Oct. 28, 1985 - April 6, 2020 ATKINSON Neb. — Scott Russell Leisy was born on Oct. 28, 1985, in Sidney, Neb., to Lisa (Sterling) Lamb. He was adopted by Darrel and Wilda Leisy at...
Editorial: Don't expect a quick reboot from coronavirus (4/9/20)When things go wrong on your old PC, you can hit the “control-alt-delete” buttons and reboot the machine. Sure, you will lose whatever you are working on at the time, whether it’s the great American...
Editorial: Adapting to a new era (4/3/20)1We are inspired and encouraged by the ingenuity and determination that Gazetteland businesses have demonstrated when faced with challenges that this pandemic presents. Restaurants adapted menus to...
Farm Equipment1995 JD 7800 2WD Tractor 6800 Hrs 19 speed Power shift. 2008 JD 568 Mega wide RD Baler net wrap & twine, only baled alfalfa 16,629 bales. Bessler 8 row 30 mch stalk chopper with root cutters. 2012 Cimmaron Rotary Shredder 10ft 3pt 540 PTO. Bale Mover 3pt 2 RD Bales. Excellent condition has been kept inside located at D&D Service Shop, Holbrook. Dale Helms 308-655-0461 cell.
Real EstateIncome property multi-family. Mobile home/RV sites. Sale/Trade. $130,000 Oberlin, KS 303-881-3033.
Ford Grain TruckWe are selling a 1964 S850 Grain truck. It has a running 534 c.i.d. V8 gas engine, a five-speed manual, and 2-speed axles. The brakes work alright, and air compressor builds pressure quickly. The 20-ft box is in very good condition, and the...
- Cardboard cutouts pose as guests for wedding amid COVID-19
- Truck hauling toilet paper catches fire on Texas interstate
- Boat does doughnuts after hitting wave, throws man overboard
- Shop sells 'hundreds' of doughnuts starring Dr. Fauci's face
- Customers cheer after woman gives birth at Missouri Walmart