Driving in the rain
Driving in the rain
Foot chase results in more charges for Beaver City man (5/18/18)BEAVER CITY, Neb. — After a foot race through downtown Beaver City Thursday morning, the Furnas County sheriff’s office added two new charges against a Beaver City man wanted in three counties on a...
American Pickers to return to Nebraska (5/18/18)Mike Wolfe, Frank Fritz and the team of the American Pickers documentary series plan to film episodes of the show in Nebraska in early summer. The hit show follows Mike and Frank as they hunt for...
Short meeting expected for City Council Monday (5/18/18)McCOOK, Neb. — Changing the wording in a nuisance abatement city ordinance is the only action item for the McCook City Council meeting on Monday, 6:30 p.m. at City Council chambers at McCook...
Traffic safety, personnel manual on county agenda (5/18/18)McCOOK, Neb. — At their weekly meeting Monday morning, Red Willow County commissioners will discuss traffic safety and the county’s personnel manual and employment records at 9:30 a.m. The discussion...
- Clinic, hospital, nursing home join forces for better care (5/17/18)1
- Chamber reaches 200-member milestone (5/17/18)
- Pool, auditorium renovations explored at town hall meeting (5/17/18)
- Commissioner race decided by four votes as write-in surge falls short (5/16/18)3
- Two incumbent sheriffs retain seats (5/16/18)
- The shinier the better (5/16/18)
- Construction season (5/16/18)
- Bridge replacement to begin May 29 (5/16/18)
- Public invited to mock disaster drill Monday (5/16/18)
- Intruder drill provides insight into response time for police, students (5/15/18)
- Bison take two-point state lead into todayOMAHA, Neb. — Huge state team-title deciding matches fill Friday’s Class B state tennis schedule since four teams are clearly within winning range. Perhaps no match will be more pivotal than the No. 2 singles semifinals where McCook’s No. 7-seed Haley Potthoff (31-7) meets Brownell-Talbot-Concordia No. 3 Aruna Bashir (13-2)...
- Bison girls finish in Class B top three (5/18/18)
- Bison tennis girls blast through state openers (5/17/18)
- Lazy summer? Not around McCook YMCA (5/17/18)
- Family lifts McCook state vaulter (5/17/18)
- Indians battle through nationals' day two (5/17/18)
- New-look Bison earn Class B top state spots (5/16/18)
- Fun Run takes on the heat (5/16/18)
Big Flavor for the Big GameWhen hosting a game-day party, you'd think the focus would be on the score or the award-winning commercials, but it's actually a great reason to indulge in flavor-filled bites. When the big day rolls around, let your guests obsess over the game while you serve up ooey-gooey dips, saucy wings and football-themed desserts that can keep them happily glued to their seats...
Throw a Christmas Cookie PartyThe next best thing to baking cookies for many home chefs is baking cookies with friends. Dust off your favorite recipes, create a festive playlist and fill your home with the tantalizing aroma of baked goodies for the ultimate Christmas cookie party...
Don West (5/18/18)Don West NORTH PLATTE, Neb. — Don West of McCook died today (May 18, 2018), at Great Plains Regional Medical Center in North Platte. Services are pending with Herrmann-Jones Funeral Chapel in McCook....
Henry F. Edgett (5/18/18)Henry F. Edgett NORTON, Kan. — Henry F. Edgett, 95, of Norton, formerly of Jennings, Kan., died today (May 18, 2018), at the Andbe Home in Norton. Services are pending with Pauls Funeral Home in...
Merwin B. Grafton (5/17/18)
Mable Spears (5/16/18)
Gerald "Jerry" Dean Bowker (5/16/18)Gerald "Jerry" Dean Bowker Dec. 9, 1930 - May 8, 2018 KNOXVILLE, Tenn. — Gerald (Jerry) Bowker passed away at home in Knoxville on May 8, 2018 at the age of 87. Jerry was born in Hendley, Neb., to...
Maxine Orrell (5/16/18)Maxine Orrell Sept. 12, 1936 - May 14, 2018 LINCOLN, Neb. — Maxine Orrell, 81, of Imperial, Neb., passed away Monday May 14, 2018, at St. Elizabeth Hospital in Lincoln. Maxine was born on Sept. 12,...
Letter to the Editor: Lutheran Family Services served county well (5/17/18)As a partner of Red Willow County, Lutheran Family Services of Nebraska (LFS) has served under the direction of Red Willow County for the Pretrial Juvenile Diversion program. This important program...
Letter to the Editor: Another weeping willow (5/17/18)The writer of an article, “Bizarre World,” joins the Democrat Party in Ballyhooing and rehashing the weeping willow complaints of the unbelieving losing party in a national election for the...
AuctionaSat., June 2nd, 2018 10 am Duane & June Wray Estate National Guard Armory, Norton, KS JD 2010 & 650, International Cub Cadet, Shop & Shop related, Collectibles, Furniture, Appliances, misc. Youngs Auction Service See Big Nickel: 5/18/2018
Miscellaneous for SaleThe Bargain Center at 107 N. Main in Palisade has Antiques, Collectibles, and Used Furniture.
AuctionaSat., June 2nd, 2018 10 am CT, Bob & Velma McBride 4-H Building Red Willow Fairgrounds, McCook, NE 06 Buick Lucrene CX, Tools, Outdoor, Shop, Antiques, Collectibles, Furniture, Appliances, Household, miscellaneous Vrbas Auction Service See Big Nickel: 5/18/2018
AuctionaSat., June 02, 2018 10:00 am (CT) Estate Auction National Guard Armory, Norton KS Glassware, cast iron toys, furniture,yard & garden tools, tractors sell at 1pm Youngs Auction Service See Big Nickel: 5/18/2018