Vegas quality illusionist at Fox SaturdayMcCOOK, Neb. The McCook Concert Association is gearing up to kickoff its 2017-18 season with a Las Vegas quality magic show at the Fox Theatre Saturday evening. The "Grand Magic Show" is touted as...
Flu vaccines do double duty as distribution exerciseMcCOOK, Neb. Community Hospital accomplished something never done before by vaccinating a record number of 211 staff members with the flu vaccine in one day, during a Point of Dispensing POD ...
- Community Hospital now offering 3D mammography (10/20/17)
- 'Share the Heat' fund-raiser Sunday at RW County Fairgrounds (10/20/17)
- The Berggren Plan Southwest Nebraska 'all-in' to boost pheasant population (10/20/17)
- Winter is coming: Experts say we should have 7-10 days of supplies stocked up (10/20/17)
- Give a Fall Facelift to Outdoor Entertaining (10/20/17)
- Farmers, ranchers have Nov. 17 signup deadline for NRC funds (10/19/17)
- Stop the war on potted plants (10/19/17)
- Sheriff tells students no dreams too big (10/19/17)
- New sporting goods store stocked up and ready for grand opening (10/19/17)
- American Legion officials emphasize important role of county government (10/19/17)
- Bison hit season best in 70-7 win over LexLEXINGTON, Neb. With more than 500 total yards to Lexington's 45, it really didn't matter how the wind blowed for district champion McCook Friday night. The Bison scored 21 first-quarter points, then went into strong winds to a 21-0 second period. They added another 28 after the break in a 70-7 regular-season finale victory...
- Southwest runs wild on Alma, secures spot in D1 playoffs (10/20/17)
- Streaking Broncos win one more before playoffs (10/20/17)
- Bronco spikers rally past tough Falcons (10/20/17)
- Bison break into final softball Top 10 (10/20/17)
- Raiders rout Vikings for 8-0 regular season (10/20/17)
- Warriors knock out Knights to hit 7-1 (10/20/17)
- Cambridge clobbers Amherst (10/20/17)
Make it with MapleAutumn is the perfect time to fall in love with maple syrup. The caramelized flavor of syrup pairs well with other fall flavors, like apples, cinnamon and pumpkin. From spiced syrups to game-day dips, McCormick Executive Chef Kevan Vetter has tasty ideas for incorporating this fall flavor in dishes throughout the day:...
Simple Sheet Pan SuppersAt times, spending hours in the kitchen can be a relaxing, enjoyable experience. However, even for avid home cooks, a busy weeknight isn't one of those times. Fortunately, solutions like sheet pan suppers make it easy to create dishes with exceptional flavor depth that come together quickly and clean up just as fast...
- Anniversary announcement
- Birth announcement
- Birthday announcement
- Blogger signup
- Death notice form
- Employment Application
- Engagement announcement
- Request ad file
- Submit a photo
- Submit a story or a story idea
- Submit your event for our Calendar of Events
- Wedding announcement
- Weekend Menu submission
- Whiskers, ETC. submission
Jack William Reichenbach (10/20/17)Jack William Reichenbach McCOOK, Neb. Jack William Reichenbach, 89, died Thursday (Oct. 19, 2017), at Hidden Pines in McCook. Visitation is Monday, Oct. 23, 2017, from 4 to 7 p.m., at Carpenter...
Jerome M. "Jerry" Jones (10/20/17)Jerome M. "Jerry" Jones Jan. 16, 1925 - Oct. 16, 2017 COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. Jerome M. "Jerry" Jones, 92, died Oct. 16, 2017, at Springs Village Care Center in Colorado Springs. He was born Jan....
Lewis F. Hayes (10/20/17)Lewis F. Hayes Jan. 21, 1930 - Oct. 18, 2017 GRAND ISLAND, Neb. Lewis F. Hayes, 87, of Grand Island, formerly of McCook, Neb., died Wednesday, Oct. 18, 2017, at Good Samaritan Society Grand...
Cheryl Lynn Greunke (10/19/17)Cheryl Lynn Greunke April 26, 1947 - Oct. 16, 2017 ST. CHARLES, Mo. Cheryl Lynn Greunke (nee: Rauch) of Saint Charles, passed from this life on Monday, Oct. 16, 2017, at the age of 70 years....
Richard L. Renken (10/19/17)Richard L. Renken July 1, 1967 - Oct. 11, 2017 BERTRAND, Neb. Celebration of Life Service for Richard L. Renken will be held on Monday, Oct. 23, 2017, at 11 a.m. at the Hope Lutheran Church in...
Donald "Don" Harold Bruder (10/18/17)Donald "Don" Harold Bruder May 4, 1928 - Oct. 12, 2017 BIRD CITY, Kan. Donald "Don" Harold Bruder, 89, died Thursday (Oct. 12, 2017), at Cheyenne County Hospital in St. Francis, Kan. He was born...
Editorial: Doing your homework can turn business dreams into reality (10/18/17)If only things could work out like they do on television. Buy an old house, preferably the worst house in the best neighborhood, gut it, overcome a few minor setbacks (Oh, no! Theres a pipe in that...
Letter to the Editor: Bloated government subsidiary with little oversight (10/17/17)1In response to the column by Mr. Pat Pope, CEO of Nebraska Public Power District, I would suggest that he and NPPD are not necessarily the good guys in white hats as in the rose-colored picture he...
Hay & Grazing
Hay for saleBig round bales of alfalfa hay for sale. Delivery available. Call 308-340-0669
AuctiondSat., Oct. 21, 2017 9:30am Tom Kiplinger Estate & Others Kiplinger Arena, Red Willow Fairgrounds, McCook, NE 05 Chevy Pickup, 98 Chevy 2500 Pickup, 06 GMC Envoy Denali, 4020 JD Propane Tractor, Equipment, Antiques, Glassware, Collectibles, Guns, Tack, 300-400 Dolls, Furniture, Household, Yard, Garden, Appliances, Misc. Youngs Auction Service See Big Nickel 9/29/17
Help Wanted - Health Care
CMANeed a CMA for night shift. Part-time. Applications available at Highland Park Retirement Community, 610 East 14th St., McCook.