Community Hospital administering drug to prevent COVID-19 hospitalizationsMcCOOK, Neb. — Community Hospital administered its first doses of Bamlanivimab, a monoclonal antibody drug last week. The drug recently received emergency use authorization from the FDA in the...
Health officials urge esidents to stay home for the hollidaysMcCOOK, Neb. -- While the emphasis has previously been on large gatherings, it’s now the small gatherings of family and friends that are causing the spread of COVID-19, according to the Southwest...
Schools may be safest place for kidsMcCOOK, Neb. — The COVID-19 Risk Dial remains at orange (elevated) for McCook Public Schools, although the risk dial for the community is higher. That’s because the public school system in McCook has...
McCook Pantry closed Thursday, Friday (11/23/20)McCOOK, Neb. -- The McCook Pantry will be closed Thursday and Friday for the Thanksgiving holiday.
- Commissioners hear property protests, other business (11/23/20)
- School locked down as precaution (11/20/20)
- Christmas parade, water project draws council questions (11/19/20)
- Local businesses get some love on Nov. 28 (11/19/20)
- Council gives nod to daycare designation (11/19/20)
- Chamber optimistic over upcoming holiday season (11/19/20)
- College sets rates, salaries for 2021-22 (11/19/20)
- Council asked to pledge $25,000 for workforce housing (11/19/20)
- Busy fairgrounds (11/18/20)3
- College to close Nov. 25 for Thanksgiving (11/18/20)
- Wolves' all-stater joining MCC volleyball teamMAYWOOD, Neb. — Maywood-Hayes Center senior Jaycee Slade Widener signed her letter of intent Monday to play volleyball next season at McCook Community College. “I was fortunate enough to watch Jaycee play a lot of volleyball this season in person and on-live stream,” said MCC Coach Hayley Kobza. “She is not only a great athlete, but a tremendous team player on and off the court.”...
- Finally! Something that makes 2020 better than '19 (11/24/20)
- A year later, Tigers return to take home state title (11/24/20)
- Tiger leaders from state finals win over Burwell (11/24/20)
- Raiders, Wolves earn spots on D2-8 football team (11/24/20)
- DC-S Tigers No. 1 in final rankings; Bison No. 10 (11/23/20)1
- State champions! DC-S Tigers top 'Horns in double OT (11/20/20)
- Virtual Turkey Trot can start on Saturday (11/20/20)
Donald Dean Henry (11/24/20)Donald Dean Henry June 14, 1943 - Nov. 12, 2020 BENKELMAN, Neb. — Donald Dean Henry was born June 14, 1943, in Boswell, Pa., to Clyde Thomas and Mae Elizabeth (Thomas) Henry. Don spent his childhood...
Dolores Orten Thomas Graff (11/24/20)Dolores Orten Thomas Graff July 24, 1932 - Nov. 21, 2020 McCOOK, Neb. — Dolores Margaret Orten was born in a farmhouse between Beardsley, Kan., and McDonald, Kan., to Charles and Cora (Haller) Orten...
Lorraine Marie Girch (11/24/20)Lorraine Marie Girch June 28, 1928 - Nov. 19, 2020 HASTINGS, Neb. — Lorraine Marie Girch, 92, of Hastings, formerly of Arapahoe, Neb., died Thursday (Nov. 19, 2020), at her home in Hastings. She was...
Trampe Birth (11/20/20)KEARNEY, Neb. - Brandon and Tiffany (Anderson) Trampe of Sumner, Neb. announce the birth of their daughter, Bethany Jean Trampe, born Sept. 26, 2020, at Good Samaritan Hospital, Kearney, Neb. She...
Buhr birth (11/13/20)Cameron Beau Buhr Bryce and Amanda Buhr of McCook announce the birth of their son, Cameron Beau Buhr, who was born Oct. 6, 2020, at Community Hospital in McCook. He weighed 9 pounds, 3 ounces and...
Wilcox birth (11/6/20)Amelia Jean Wilcox Nick and Erin Wilcox of Murray, Neb., announce the birth of their daughter, Amelia Jean Wilcox, who was born Nov. 3, 2020 in Omaha, Neb. She weighed 8 pounds, 5 ounces and measured...
Verlyn Gale Brunswick (11/24/20)Verlyn Gale Brunswick April 5, 1937 – Nov. 15, 2020 LAKEWOOD, Colo. — Verlyn “Boots” Brunswick, 83, died Sunday, Nov. 15, 2020, in Lakewood. He was born on April 5, 1937, in Max, Neb., to Francis and...
Barbara A. (Jones) Hixson (11/24/20)Barbara A. (Jones) Hixson McCOOK, Neb. — Barbara A. (Jones) Hixson, 82, of McCook, died Monday (Nov. 23, 2020), at Community Hospital in McCook. She chose cremation and a private family service will...
Allan Otter (11/24/20)Allan Otter McCOOK, Neb. — Allan Otter, 73, of McCook, died Sunday (Nov. 22, 2020), in Omaha, Neb. Service are pending and will be announced by Carpenter Breland Funeral Home, McCook. Online...
Letter to the Editor: 'A republic, if you can keep it' (11/23/20)1Dear Editor, Apparently, Senator Ben Sasse has not the moral courage to stand behind President Trump in his fight to defend America’s election integrity and the sacrosanct right of the vote. It seems...
Letter to the Editor: 'A republic, if you can keep it' (11/23/20)Dear Editor, Apparently, Senator Ben Sasse has not the moral courage to stand behind President Trump in his fight to defend America’s election integrity and the sacrosanct right of the vote. It seems...
Help WantedJob opportunity on SW Nebraska ranch-farm-feedlot operation. Housing, health insurance, and other benefits included. Experience preferred, but will train. Contact Chance Raichart at 308.882.0159 or Kelly Raichart at 308.340.9948. firstname.lastname@example.org
Help WantedLooking for full time dental assistant. Experience preferred. Computer use necessary. Tobias Dental 308.345.1510
Estate SalesSale Date: Fri. Dec. 4 Time: 1:00 pm Person having sale: Schurrtop Ranch Location: Tri-state Livestock, McCook, NE Main items for sale: 100 coming 2 year old Angus & Charolais Bulls Auctioneer Co. Tri-State Livestock See Gazette: 11/20/20
Estate SalesSale Date: Fri. Dec. 4 Time: 9:00 am MT Person having sale: D & J Trust Location: From Wauneta, NE South on Ave 346, 4.4 Turn East on Rd 726, 2.7 m to farm Main items for sale: Tractor Combine, Heads, Trucks, Pickup, Trailer, Farm Equipment, Fuel Tanks, Cattle & Livestock Equipment, Shop, Miscellaneous. Auctioneer Co. Fanning Auction Service See Big Nickel: 11/20/20
- Mysterious shiny monolith found in otherworldly Utah desert
- Man leaves $3K tip for a beer as restaurant closes for virus
- Owl found in Rockefeller Center tree could take flight soon
- Illinois man, 81, uses antique walking stick to beat thieves
- Holy smoke! German customs seizes 10 tons of shisha tobacco