Youth field day Thursday in Curtis (5/23/18)CURTIS, Neb. — All youth ages 8-18 years old are invited to the annual Youth Animal Science Field Day May 24, Thursday 9:30 am - 4 pm in Curtis, Neb., on the NCTA Campus. Activities will focus on...
Council proclamation puts spotlight on public works (5/23/18)McCOOK, Neb. — More than 150 acres of grass are mowed once, sometimes twice a week in the City of McCook, according to the City of McCook public works director. And this doesn’t include the cemetery,...
Dedication Sunday will honor Danbury airman lost in 1971 (5/23/18)DANBURY, Neb. — The solemn, jet black granite headstone that marks the final resting place of a Vietnam War casualty brought home after 46 years will be dedicated in a special Memorial Day service in...
Commissioner: Safety first, budget second (5/23/18)McCOOK, Neb. — Red Willow County commissioner Jacque Riener wants safety meetings for the county’s three road crews before commissioners get busy with 2018-19 budget work this summer. Riener wants...
- A practice disaster (5/22/18)
- Newsprint shortage affects local paper (5/22/18)
- City plans water restrictions during planned power outage (5/22/18)
- Bus driver, commissioners discuss rake incident (5/22/18)
- Night time fire (5/21/18)
- Contracts on college board agenda (5/21/18)
- Foot chase results in more charges for Beaver City man (5/18/18)
- American Pickers to return to Nebraska (5/18/18)
- Short meeting expected for City Council Monday (5/18/18)
- Traffic safety, personnel manual on county agenda (5/18/18)
- Powerful pitching leads MNB Seniors through OgallalaOGALLALA, Neb. — Powerful pitching made the first road trip and McCook National Bank’s bats also arrived in time for a 6-1 win over Ogallala Tuesday night. The Seniors (2-0) were blanked through those first three innings, but it didn’t matter as starting pitcher Clayton Stevens baffled Ogallala all evening...
- Medicine Valley ends Day 1 in third place at state golf championship (5/23/18)
- Final area girls C state track-field results (5/23/18)
- Phillie throws perfection at Felling Field (5/23/18)
- McCook Juniors rake out road win (5/23/18)
- MNB Seniors deliver in clutch for first win (5/22/18)
- Rawlins County wins 1A State Golf title (5/22/18)
- First Central Bank breaks Bow early (5/22/18)
Big Flavor for the Big GameWhen hosting a game-day party, you'd think the focus would be on the score or the award-winning commercials, but it's actually a great reason to indulge in flavor-filled bites. When the big day rolls around, let your guests obsess over the game while you serve up ooey-gooey dips, saucy wings and football-themed desserts that can keep them happily glued to their seats...
Throw a Christmas Cookie PartyThe next best thing to baking cookies for many home chefs is baking cookies with friends. Dust off your favorite recipes, create a festive playlist and fill your home with the tantalizing aroma of baked goodies for the ultimate Christmas cookie party...
Douglas McNerny (5/23/18)Douglas McNerny Sept. 7, 1945 - May 23, 2018 MADISON, Neb. — Douglas McNerny, 72, died today (May 23, 2018), at Country Side Home in Madison. Services are pending with Carpenter Breland Funeral...
Johnny J. Haag (5/23/18)Johnny J. Haag Dec. 27, 1943 - Feb. 11, 2018 INDIANOLA, Neb. — Johnny J. Haag, 74, passed away Feb. 11, 2018, after a short battle with cancer. He was born Dec. 27, 1943, in McCook, Neb. He was the...
Ronald DeWester (5/22/18)
Marvin Pete Lorentz (5/22/18)Marvin Pete Lorentz March 24, 1927 - Dec. 29, 2017 McCOOK, Neb. — Marvin Pete Lorentz, age 90, of McCook, passed away on Dec. 29, 2017, in McCook. He was born in Herndon, Kan., on March 24, 1927, to...
James Gerhard Mohrman (5/22/18)James Gerhard Mohrman Aug. 22, 1937 - May 13, 2018 PAYSEN, Utah — James Gerhard Mohrman, 80, of Granada, Nicaragua, departed this life on May 13, 2018, at the home of his son Troy in Paysen, Utah,...
Marion Catherine Mohr (5/22/18)Marion Catherine Mohr Aug. 25, 1924 - April 3, 2018 CALLAWAY, Neb. — Marion Catherine Mohr died April 3, 2018, at the Callaway District Hospital. Celebration of Life Service is Thursday, May 31,...
Letter to the Editor: Goat tied II (5/23/18)Yes, she had to go to England where she had a forced delivery of a baby, who, of course died because of the early extraction from the womb. But the 8th amendment in Ireland would have forbidden this,...
Letter to the Editor: V is for Viking and other lessons (5/23/18)When I taught my children and grandsons, the alphabet I explained to them that V was the first letter of the word Viking. During grade school, we learned that Columbus sailed the ocean blue in 1492....
For Rent2 BdRm 1 bath house in Indianola. Call 350-1374
Garage Sales1606 East H Street Sat 7-12 Family Garage Sale
Help WantedKaufman Trailers of Nebraska is a fast growing company since 1986. We are looking for a class A over-the-road driver with at least 1 year experience. We offer .40 per mile and drop pay. Needs to have a good driving record. A $500 to $1000 sign on bonus depend of experience. We offer a full benefit package and have an annual bonus program. All loads leave out of Beaver City. Please call Shane at 308-995-1001.
For RentLarge 1 Bdrm Apartment Good Location. 345-6632