Country of Origin Labeling long overdueDear Editor, Most people do not give to much thought about where their meat comes from, I would like to shed some light on a very serious situation that needs to be brought to attention. Do you...
Imperial man arrested on charge of sexual assault of a childNORTH PLATTE, Neb. — Investigators with the Nebraska State Patrol (NSP), with the assistance of the Imperial Police Department, have arrested a Chase County man on multiple charges following an...
K-9 RoundupPatrons of McCook’s Ace Hardware donated $727.06 to the McCook Police Department’s K-9 Unit through Ace’s round up program. Making the check presentation are Ace employees, Tiana Shoupe, left and...
Home health care provider anticipates expanded demandMcCOOK, Neb. — One in-home health care provider in McCook is increasing her workforce, looking for compassionate caregivers for the elderly, disabled and chronically ill who want to stay safe and...
- Sen. Nelson shares sentiment with his bronze statue at boyhood home
- Tri-Valley begins virtual visits to clinic
- MPCC campuses restricting access (3/30/20)
- In a sign of the times, food supply depleted at Stratton Mobile Pantry (3/30/20)
- Sandhills State Bank offers support plan (3/27/20)
- Diabetes Support Group meeting canceled, videos to be posted (3/27/20)
- Chamber launches 'Shop Local' website (3/27/20)
- Love will prevail -- Couple's wedding plans didn't include pandemic (3/27/20)
- Local COVID-19 Response Account grows by $100K (3/27/20)
- Putting it in ‘Park’: Driver’s Ed teacher retires after 60 years (3/27/20)3
- Bison quartet tops area earning Omaha mentionOMAHA, Neb. — McCook High’s girls earned four Class B all-state honorable mentions from the Omaha World-Herald last weekend. Juniors Liviya Wier, Tiara Matson, sophomore Peyton Doucet and freshman Shawna Wilkinson were all included among the best in Class B...
- Which Big Red moments beat each other all-time? (3/31/20)
- Bison boys become part of Omaha all-state mentions (3/31/20)
- GNAC announces changes for 2020-21 (3/31/20)
- Longhorn bounces on to all-state second team (3/31/20)
- M-HC boy earns Lincoln all-state mention (3/31/20)
- It's madness to try and stop this Trojan all-stater (3/30/20)1
- Bison duo among all-state girls' honors (3/30/20)
Virginia Genevieve (Sauer) Rezac (3/31/20)Virginia Genevieve (Sauer) Rezac Feb. 12, 1941 - March 26, 2020 MESA, Ariz. — Virginia Genevieve Rezac (Sauer) was born on Feb. 12, 1941, in Buckman Township, Minn., and left this world on March 26,...
Robert “Bob” C. Gaulke (3/30/20)Robert “Bob” C. Gaulke McCOOK Neb. — Robert “Bob” C. Gaulke, 88, of McCook, died Sunday (March 29, 2020), at Hillcrest Nursing Home. Services are pending with Carpenter Breland Funeral Home, McCook.
Audrey Ann Pavlicek (3/30/20)Audrey Ann Pavlicek July 14, 1942 -March 26, 202 0 OBERLIN, Kan. — Audrey Ann Pavlicek, 77. died March 26, 2020, in Oberlin. She was born July 14, 1942, in Oberlin to Donald Charles and Mary...
McNutt birthday (3/27/20)94th birthday The family of Dale McNutt is requesting a card shower in honor of his 94th birthday on Monday, March 30, 2020. Cards of congratulations will reach him at 1500 East 11th, No. 34,...
Cook birthday (3/27/20)90th birthday The family of Betty Cook, formerly of Culbertson, Neb., currently of North Platte, Neb., is requesting a card shower in honor of her 90th birthday on Wednesday, April 1, 2020. She was...
Malleck birthday (3/18/20)70th birthday Griff Malleck’s 70th birthday is Wednesday, March 25th! He was born in Indianola, Neb. In honor of Griff’s birthday, his family is requesting a card shower. Griff is doing great and...
Wyatt J. Smidt (3/27/20)Wyatt J. Smidt July 25, 2014 - March 23, 2020 KEARNEY, Neb. — Wyatt J. Smidt, 5, of Kearney, died Monday, March 23, 2020, at his home following a two-year battle with pediatric cancer. Private...
Alan Foster Meguire (3/27/20)Alan Foster Meguire May 5, 1935 - March 23, 2020 BONHAM, Texas — Beloved grandfather, father, husband and friend, Alan Meguire, was called home to be with the Lord on March 23, 2020, in Bonham at the...
Ursula Bernard (3/27/20)Ursula Bernard Aug. 7, 1924 - March 25, 2020 KEARNEY, Neb. — Ursula R. Bernard, 95, of Kearney, passed away Wednesday, March 25, 2020, at Wel-Life in Kearney. In consideration of the concern of the...
Editorial: Projections offer limited relief from uncertainty on virus (3/31/20)Uncertainty is one of most frightening things about a threat such as the COVID-19 pandemic, and even though a couple of items Monday weren’t necessarily good news, they helped alleviate some of the...
Editorial: If you think you may have COVID-19, just assume you do (3/25/20)There are no reported cases of the coronavirus in the counties served by the Southwest Nebraska Health Department, but they’re sure to report one when there is. Notice we said “when” when we would...
Help WantedThe Bureau of Reclamation is currently seeking Information Technology Specialist. Position is located in McCook, NE. This is a full time position. To apply, please go to www.usajobs.gov. The Bureau of Reclamation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Job Close Date April 9, 2020.
AuctionSale date: Thur. Apr. 2 Time: 12:00 pm MT Person having sale: Raile 31st Production Sale Location: Burlington Livestock Exchange, Burlington, CO Main items for sale: 45 Yearling Charolais Bulls, 15 Charolais/Angus Hybrid Bulls, 18 Red Angus Bulls, 25 Heifers(17 Charolais/Red Angus Hybrids & 8 Red Angus) Auctioneer Co: DV Auction See Big Nickel: 3/27/20
Ford Grain TruckWe are selling a 1964 S850 Grain truck. It has a running 534 c.i.d. V8 gas engine, a five-speed manual, and 2-speed axles. The brakes work alright, and air compressor builds pressure quickly. The 20-ft box is in very good condition, and the...
Homes for SaleNew remodeled House for sale in Curtis. Rebuilt all the way to the studs. New insulation, hot water heater, and furnace. New Kitchen cabinets and appliances and new flooring all through the house. This house has new modern features. It has 4 bedroom and 2 baths, a big yard and a new deck. Conveniently located on Center Street (Main) one block north of City Park and several blocks from elementary school. Must see to appreciate. Asking $140,000. Call Ted with questions. 308-367-7453
- Love will prevail -- Couple's wedding plans didn't include pandemic
- Putting it in ‘Park’: Driver’s Ed teacher retires after 60 years
- Chase County Sheriff involved in two high-speed chases, recovers stolen tractor
- If you think you may have COVID-19, just assume you do
- Two senior medical students receive residency assignments
- Boat does doughnuts after hitting wave, throws man overboard
- Shop sells 'hundreds' of doughnuts starring Dr. Fauci's face
- Customers cheer after woman gives birth at Missouri Walmart
- Psych evaluation ordered for man who sought trial by combat
- It's cloudy with a chance of iron rain at hot, faraway world