Out with the old
Nebraska attorney general plans mobile office here May 1McCOOK, Neb. — The Nebraska Attorney General will conduct a mobile office 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday, May 1, at the McCook Heritage Senior Center, 1312 W. Fifth in McCook. Staff will be available...
NCTA graduation events May 2-3CURTIS, Neb. – Nearly 90 degrees and certificates will be conferred May 3 in Curtis to graduates of the Nebraska College of Technical Agriculture. Mike Boehm, University of Nebraska-Lincoln Harlan...
- Chasing calves
- College board plans program reviews, purchases
- 'An Uplifting Story' set for mother-daughter supper (4/20/18)
- McCook Public Schools teachers win technology grants (4/20/18)
- Whooping cough confirmed in area (4/20/18)
- Pinwheel campaign throws spotlight on April Child Abuse Prevention Month (4/19/18)
- Hughes: No incentive for urban senators to press for property tax relief (4/19/18)1
- Missoula Children's Theatre 'Treasure Island' on stage Saturday (4/19/18)
- EAS funding not up in the air — yet (4/19/18)
- A slice of appreciation (4/18/18)
- Glass Express champs refuse to crackMcCOOK, Neb. — Glass Express did not crack under the pressure of two championship matches in last week’s YMCA Adult Women’s volleyball tournament. Instead, they delivered a strong message with two big wins over top-seeded Messenger which secured the tourney title...
- Double D dominates v-ball tourney (4/23/18)
- Forecast moves Bison golfers to Wednesday (4/23/18)
- MCC women earn two road wins (4/23/18)
- Indians climb through cold to top two (4/23/18)
- Bison rumble to three Lex championships (4/20/18)
- McCook, area girls earn high Bader places (4/20/18)
- Indian golfers earn national acclaim (4/20/18)
Big Flavor for the Big GameWhen hosting a game-day party, you'd think the focus would be on the score or the award-winning commercials, but it's actually a great reason to indulge in flavor-filled bites. When the big day rolls around, let your guests obsess over the game while you serve up ooey-gooey dips, saucy wings and football-themed desserts that can keep them happily glued to their seats...
Throw a Christmas Cookie PartyThe next best thing to baking cookies for many home chefs is baking cookies with friends. Dust off your favorite recipes, create a festive playlist and fill your home with the tantalizing aroma of baked goodies for the ultimate Christmas cookie party...
Editorial: Higher prices boost activity in oilfields (4/23/18)From what little most of us can see cruising down the main highways through Southwest Nebraska, it seems like oilfield activities are picking up. If you think so, you’re right. That’s because crude...
Letter to the Editor: Why vaccinate for pertussis? (4/20/18)PERTUSSIS is more commonly known as whooping cough. The vaccine for this highly contagious and sometimes lethal bacterial disease first became available in 1940. Prevention is mainly by vaccination...
Help WantedThe Nebraska Department of Transportation is currently accepting applications for an Auto/Diesel Mechanic in Maywood. For a full job description and to apply, visit www.statejobs.nebraska.gov. State applications are required and must be received by May 8th . The Nebraska Department of Transportation is an Equal Opportunity/Veterans Preference Employer.
Help WantedCommunity Action's Frontier County Home-based Head Start program has an opening for a Family Educator in McCook. Join the Community Action team and make a difference in the lives of children and families! For more detailed information, including qualifications, or an application, visit www.communityactionmidne.com. Mail applications to: Community Action Partnership of Mid-Nebraska, 16 W 11th Street, P.O. Box 2288, Kearney, NE 68848. Applications must be received by May 8, 2018. EOE/AA.
AuctionhSat., May 5, 2018 10:00 am The Estate of J Eldon Smith Gateway Civic Center, Oberlin, KS JD 2510 with Loader, 08 Chevy Silverado 1500, 49 GMC 300 Truck, 83 Buick Park Avenue, Antiques, Household, Shop Equipment, Tools, Misc. Glad Real Estate See Big Nickel: 4/27/2018
Tree ServiceDavis Tree Service 308-340-9198 Trimming, removals & stump grinding. FREE quotes CALL 308-340-9198.