McCook in running for America's 'Nicest Place'McCOOK, Neb. — Sehnert’s Bakery and McCook are in the running for America’s “Nicest Place,” according to Reader’s Digest magazine. Nominated by Ronda Graff of the McCook Community Foundation Fund,...
McCook Tree Walk ThursdayMcCOOK, Neb. — Americorps "Common Ground" and Conservation Nebraska invite everyone to the first "McCook Tree Walk," Thursday, from 10 a.m. until 11 a.m., along the Kelley Creek Walking Trail...
Additional details released on crash that killed trooper, another driver (6/21/19)BRIDGEPORT, Neb. -- The Morrill County Sheriff’s is able to release additional details regarding the crash that claimed the life of Nebraska State Trooper Jerry L. Smith, #373, on Thursday, June 20,...
Second Third Thursday (6/21/19)Live music, a corn hole contest, diabolo demonstrations, food trucks and many other fun activities were part of the second Third Thursday event in downtown McCook. Chamber Manager Jamie Mockry...
- Hospital board reviews plans, building progress (6/21/19)
- Red Willow Family Fun Nights feature food, outdoor recreation (6/21/19)
- McCook's beloved 'Mr. BIll' -- Making a difference, one snow cone at a time (6/21/19)
- Governor orders flags to half-staff (6/20/19)
- Trooper, other driver killed in head-on crash (6/20/19)
- Descended from a long line of Hancocks (6/20/19)
- 50 years later, Vietnam veteran honors fellow soldier he returned to McCook family (6/20/19)
- Sculpture by Cambridge artist chosen for exhibition honoring ‘Canteen ladies’ (6/20/19)
- Third Thursday tonight (6/20/19)
- Four sentenced in Red Willow County District Court (6/19/19)
- 'Cool' Michelle's Tri keeps on rollingMcCOOK, Neb. — The weather wasn’t perfect for an outdoor triathlon, but participants shrugged it off and charged through the third annual Michelle Walter’s Memorial Sprint Triathlon on Saturday in McCook. More than 70 triathletes swam, biked and ran in memory of Michelle Walters who had developed a passion for fitness and triathlons before she was killed in a biking accident in 2016...
- MNB, Lincoln control Borders War ball tournament (6/24/19)
- Former Husker joining MCC basketball team (6/24/19)
- Tin Caps top Mud Cats in tourney (6/24/19)
- Minden slips past Cats 6-5 (6/24/19)
- West rules the Wild West All-Star classic (6/22/19)
- Michelle's Tri returns on Saturday in McCook (6/21/19)
- McCook's Pinnacle Bank boys win 32-1 (6/21/19)
Marjorie Helen Brown (6/24/19)Marjorie Helen Brown Sept. 7, 1929 - June 23, 2019 McCOOK, Neb. — Marjorie Helen Brown, 89, of McCook, died Sunday (June 23, 2019), at Hillcrest Nursing Home in McCook. Services are pending with...
Eunice L. Messinger (6/24/19)Eunice L. Messinger May 1, 1932 - June 22, 2019 McCOOK, Neb. — Eunice L. Messinger, 87, of McCook, died Saturday (June 22, 2019), at Bryan LGH East, Lincoln, Neb. Services are pending with Herrmann...
Joseph Wieser (6/21/19)
Gordon Kenneth Petersen (6/21/19)Gordon Kenneth Petersen March 8, 1929 - June 17, 2019 NORTH PLATTE, Neb. — Gordon Kenneth Petersen, 90, of North Platte, died Monday (June 17, 2019), in McCook, Neb. He was laid to rest in a private...
Kirk Kalvin Brown (6/20/19)Kirk Kalvin Brown June 29, 1957 - June 18, 2019 OBERLIN, Kan. — Kirk Kalvin Brown, 61, of Oberlin, died Tuesday (June 18, 2019), at his home. He was born in Oberlin on June 29, 1957, to Raye and...
Mary Etta Thompson (6/19/19)Mary Etta Thompson Feb. 12, 1928 - June 15, 2019 NORTH PLATTE, Neb. — Mary Etta Thompson, 91, of Curtis, Neb., died Saturday (June 15, 2019), at Great Plains Health. She was born Feb. 12, 1928, at...
Editorial: State enlists public in battle against human trafficking (6/24/19)Despite the bloody American Civil War and centuries of efforts to end slavery, the practice is alive and well in 2019. Authorities don’t know that’s what’s involved with the disappearance of an...
Letter to the Editor: The need for a balance (and eternal challenge) of powers (6/21/19)Benevolent despotism. These days, when Congress is firmly divided by ideology and even our beloved nonpartisan unicameral has some trouble doing its chores, one can understand the appeal. I mean,...
Bison National Mammal Herd ViewingsExperience the National Mammal represented by the Bison Herd adjacent to Red Willow SRA on the following dates and times; 6/29, 7/3 and 7/6. The educational portion of the event will begin at 4:30 p.m. at the Buffalo Viewing Area located at SRA Red...
Help WantedAdministrative Assistant Position: Educational Service Unit 15 is currently accepting applications for an Administrative Assistant position. This is a full-time position with benefits including health insurance, paid holidays and vacation time. Salary will be determined upon qualifications and experience. Please forward application letter and resume to: Paul Calvert, Administrator, ESU 15, PO Box 398, Trenton, NE 69044. ESU 15 is an equal opportunity employer.
Ag. ServicesVan Eaton Harvesting: looking for wheat acres in region. 970-682-9600.
Help WantedMaintenance person at McCook Apartments. Honest and motivated individual. General construction background preferred. Part time. Stop or call (308)345-5144.