Beauty academy ready to start 201st class (5/23/19)CONNIE JO DISCOE Regional Editor McCOOK, Neb. — The McCook Beauty Academy starts its 201st class of students in June. The academy, founded by Evelyn and Collins Grubb, is the oldest privately-owned...
Full slate of events set for Buffalo Commons next week (5/23/19)McCOOK, Neb. — Organizers are busy gearing up the the Buffalo Commons Storytelling and Musical Festival which begins next weekend Headliners performing Friday night, May 31, dinner cabaret at the...
Frequent flooding frustrates farmer, city officials (5/23/19)McCOOK, Neb. — A McCook farmer is caught between several bureaucracies when it comes to seeking relief from flooding on his property. Every time it rains, run-off water from the city drains back into...
College board awards bids, extends president's contract (5/23/19)NORTH PLATTE, Neb. — The Mid-Plains Community College board approved bids for furniture, parking construction and extended the college president’s contract through the 2021-22 year. President...
- New president, CEO named for Valley Hope (5/22/19)
- Depot tour (5/22/19)
- Young McCook cyclist to bike across America to benefit affordable housing (5/22/19)
- Retired Air Force colonel to speak at Memorial Day services (5/22/19)
- 'Extreme storm chaser' recounts close encounter near McCook (5/21/19)
- Five decades in education (5/21/19)
- Send-off to Special Olympics (5/21/19)
- From the first to the last (5/21/19)
- Summer projects include airport, B Street (5/21/19)
- EMS official: More calls may result from better-informed public (5/21/19)
- Trojan finishes strong to earn state titleKEARNEY, Neb. — Sharper than a Fox and never losing focus, Cambridge senior Preston Carbaugh made his final five high school golf holes unforgettable Wednesday afternoon. Carbaugh broke from a pressure-packed tie for the Class C state lead through 13 holes at Meadowlark Country Club...
- Cambridge golfer wins state championship! (5/23/19)
- Bison golfers cap great year at Class B state (5/23/19)
- Falcon nearly cracks top 10 at state golf (5/23/19)
- Latest from Heritage Hills Men's League (5/23/19)
- Hot Rods, Iron Birds sizzle at Felling (5/23/19)
- Youngest compete in McCook Grade School meet (5/23/19)
- Bison alum's Hawks reach World Series! (5/22/19)
Michael “Mike” Peters (5/24/19)Michael “Mike” Peters MCCOOK, Neb. — Michael “Mike” Peters, 78, of McCook, died Thursday (May 23, 2019), at Cambridge Memorial Hospital in Cambridge, Neb. Services are pending with Herrmann-Jones...
Alyce Margaret Avery (5/23/19)Alyce Margaret Avery Jan. 1, 1925 - May 8, 2019 OBERIN, Kan. — Alyce Margaret Avery, 94, of Oberlin, died May 8, 2019, at the Good Samaritan Society of Decatur County in Oberlin. She was born in Red...
Tanner Gray Alstrom (5/23/19)Tanner Gray Alstrom McCOOK, Neb. — Tanner Gray Alstrom, infant son of Jaxen and Cheyenne (Gerih) Alstrom, passed away unexpectedly at Community Hospital in McCook on Tuesday, May 21, 2019. Tanner was...
Dorothy M. (Scott) Jeffus (5/22/19)Dorothy M. (Scott) Jeffus Nov. 20, 1928 - May 17, 2019 ST. CHARLES, Mo. — Dorothy M. (Scott) Jeffus, formerly of Ottumwa, Iowa, passed away May 17, 2019, at her daughter’s home in Saint Charles,...
Carol Joan (Gunderman) Richard (5/21/19)Carol Joan (Gunderman) Richard Feb. 20, 1934 - May 17, 2019 WICHITA, Kan. — Carol Joan (Gunderman)Richard, 85, of Oakley, Kan., died Friday (May 17, 2019), at Wichita. She was born Feb. 20, 1934, in...
John Francis Ohrman (5/21/19)John Francis Ohrman April 12, 1954 - May 15, 2019 BENKELMAN, Neb. — John Francis Ohrman was born April 12, 1954, to Lee and Mary Lou (Brown) Ohrman in Colby, Kan. He had two brothers, Mike and Nick...
Editorial: Federal, state lawmakers move to raise smoking age (5/23/19)Nebraska lawmakers balked at raising the smoking or vaping age to 21, then considered raising it to 19. The feds, meanwhile may make the whole question moot by setting the national minimum to 21....
Letter to the Editor: In praise of the humble spud (5/22/19)Dear Editor, Potatoes grown in the Andes of Peru have come a long way. The Quechua Indians, who cultivated them, had at least a thousand words for them. Americans visualize them being served as...
AuctionSale date: Sat. June 1 Time: 10:00 am Person having sale: Charlie Bean Estate Location: 75750 Hwy 21, From Cozad I80 interchange 2.5 miles south Main Items for Sale: Antiques & Collectibles, Recreational Items, Shop Items, Lawn & Garden, Household Misc., Framed Prints & Husker Souvenirs, 2009 Alumacraft Trophy Fishing Boat, Kavak, 2017 Ranger XP ProStar & More! Auctioneer Co: Messersmith Auction Co. See Big Nickel: 5/24/19
Lots / AcreagesOne mile of Republican River bottom. Wildlife, fishing, trees, and pasture. Will split $1,950 per acre. (970)209-6637
Help WantedBulk Fuel Specialist Wauneta, NE 69045 Full-time Salary based on experience Wauneta Coop is a locally-owned Coop with locations in both Wauneta and Palisade, Nebraska. We are currently seeking a motivated driver to join our staff. Our bulk truck driver has retired, and we are looking for a driver to fill this role. Job Responsibilities: This position requires delivery of bulk fuel (unleaded and super unleaded gas, as well as clear and dyed diesel) to the country, as well as transfers from the...
Pie Auction-Southwest Public Schools FoundationSouthwest Public Schools in Bartley, NE will have a Pie Auction on Saturday, June 1st, 2019 at 2 PM at the Community Building. Ice Cream Social at 2 PM, Pies to sell afterward. All proceeds go to the Southwest Public Schools Foundation Scholarship...