Benkelman recognized for economic leadership (6/15/18)LINCOLN, Neb. — The Nebraska Department of Economic Development (DED) has named the City of Benkelman (pop. 857) as the state’s newest member of the State of Nebraska’s Leadership Certified Community...
New McCook dentist happy to return to home state (6/15/18)1McCOOK, Neb. — Although he’s new in town, Jeff Blomstedt’s recent move to McCook felt like a homecoming for the Doctor of Dental Surgery. That’s because Dr. Blomstedt is returning to Western Nebraska...
Sunrise silhouette (6/15/18)
Police chief says false reporting will be prosecuted (6/15/18)McCOOK, Neb. — Police and sheriff’s officers responded to a McCook home after a 911 caller said he was hiding in a closet after intruders had entered his home. When they arrived at that address,...
- Developer asks for approval of new subdivision (6/15/18)
- School getting wiring upgrade for better bandwidth (6/14/18)
- '308 Smokehouse' set to open Monday (6/14/18)
- Hayes Center woman crowned Miss Teen Rodeo Nebraska 2018 (6/14/18)
- Pantry volunteers (6/14/18)
- Coffee crowd sees tourism potential in local bison, birds (6/14/18)
- Administration salaries level with 2016 package (6/14/18)
- Sears Hometown Store plans grand opening (6/13/18)1
- Head Start open house Friday (6/13/18)
- Breakfast, lunch prices adjusted for federal rates (6/13/18)
- Junkies and Sons earn Vegas tripsNORTH PLATTE, Neb. — “Second Sons” from TJ’s Family Fun Center in McCook and “Pool Junkies” from Frank’s in Trenton will advance to the American Poolplayers Association (APA) World Pool Championships in Las Vegas after winning the Western Nebraska APA 8-Ball World Qualifiers recently at the North Platte Eagles Club...
- MCC Boosters name top 2017-18 athletes (6/15/18)
- Bison alum ready for a Saturday in Wild West (6/15/18)
- Different ways for summer fun in McCook (6/15/18)
- Speedy Rebellion in McCook (6/15/18)
- Pinnacle boys fight off Cozad (6/15/18)
- Herrmann-Jones hammers Holdrege (6/15/18)
- Small 'nation' meets Husker coaches (6/14/18)
Big Flavor for the Big GameWhen hosting a game-day party, you'd think the focus would be on the score or the award-winning commercials, but it's actually a great reason to indulge in flavor-filled bites. When the big day rolls around, let your guests obsess over the game while you serve up ooey-gooey dips, saucy wings and football-themed desserts that can keep them happily glued to their seats...
Throw a Christmas Cookie PartyThe next best thing to baking cookies for many home chefs is baking cookies with friends. Dust off your favorite recipes, create a festive playlist and fill your home with the tantalizing aroma of baked goodies for the ultimate Christmas cookie party...
Betsy A. Holste (6/15/18)Betsy A. Holste Aug. 21, 1952 - June 13, 2018 LUDELL, Kan. — Betsy A Holste, 65, of Ludell, died June 13, 2018, at her home in Union Township. She was born Aug. 21, 1952, in Atwood, Kan., to Harry...
Jerry Keith Traylor (6/15/18)Jerry Keith Traylor July 14, 1954 - June 10, 2018 PHOENIX, Ariz. — Jerry Keith Traylor, motivational speaker and author who inspired countless individuals, died on June 10, 2018, in Phoenix, Arizona....
Wyona C. "Nonie" Dailey (6/15/18)Wyona C. "Nonie" Dailey July 11, 1944 - June 14, 2018 STRATTON, Neb. — Wyona C. "Nonie" Dailey, 73, of Stratton, died Thursday (June 14, 2018), at Great Plains Regional Medical Center in North...
Robert T. Korb, Sr. (6/15/18)Robert T. Korb, Sr. Feb. 17, 1942 - June 14, 2018 McCOOK, Neb. — Robert T. Korb, Sr., 76, of McCook, died Thursday (June 14, 2018), at Kearney Regional Medical Center, Kearney, Neb. Services are...
Wayne R. Richards (6/15/18)Wayne R. Richards March 7, 1922 - June 13, 2018 McCOOK, Neb. — Wayne R. Richards, 96, of McCook, formerly of the Hamlet, Neb., community, died Wednesday (June 13, 2018), at Good Samaritan Hospital...
Lucille Agnes Kooper (6/13/18)Lucille Agnes Kooper April 10, 1932 - June 8, 2018 CASPER, Wyo. — Lucille Agnes Kooper passed away at the age of 86, on June 8, 2018, at her home in Casper. She was born in Bartley, Neb., on April...
Letter to the Editor: Understanding aspects of long-term care (6/14/18)Healthcare is, and should be, of great concern to everyone especially in today’s time. One never knows what you will do when a major health issue happens to you or someone in your family. There are...
Editorial: Nebraska needs work when it comes to teen driver safety (6/14/18)Nebraska is a great place to raise a family, but we’ve got a long way to go when it comes to keeping our teen drivers safe. According to a WalletHub study (http://bit.ly/28LjlRb), Nebraska ranks near...
Help WantedNeed year round farm/ranch help. Call 308-963-4460
Help WantedNow taking applications for Dishwashers and Line cooks
Birthday CelebrationHelp Celebrate Shirley Hunt’s 90th Birthday with a card shower or phone calls: 9421 Gables Pines Road #306 Lincoln NE 68520 308-340-1509. Or 402-413-6869
Wanted to BuyLooking to buy a house to move. Interested in any size or condition. Please leave voicemail 308-737-7222 or 308-737-7221.