Southern visitorJoy Molcyk suspected police dispatchers thought she might have been drunk when she called in a report of an armadillo in her yard on West First in McCook late Sunday night. She turned out to be...
Car enthusiasts drool over entries at annual Crazy Days Car ShowMcCOOK, Neb. — The “Best of … “ the second annual Crazy Days car show in downtown McCook Saturday ranged from one 1930 Ford Model A to two 1969 Chevy Camaros. Somewhere in the “middle” was Brandon...
Childhood 4-H influences led to career for new extension educatorMcCOOK — Red Willow County’s newest extension educator is an example of the life-changing influence that 4-H can have on the career choices of members. Born and raised an hour north of New York City...
Harvest winding down (7/13/18)
- Attempted train hijacker pleads guilty (7/13/18)
- City GIS web page update moving forward (7/13/18)
- Patty's 'park' (7/12/18)
- Shellie and Shelley go shopping (7/12/18)
- Commissioners get earful on property valuations (7/12/18)
- Crazy Days winner (7/12/18)
- Arapahoe couple arrested on drug, weapons charges; four children in custody of DHHS (7/11/18)
- U.S. Fish & Wildlife plans hearing on R-Project (7/11/18)
- Quick response time likely saves insurance premiums as well as property (7/11/18)
- Schools finding new focus on career readiness (7/11/18)
- Chalkin' up league championshipsMcCOOK, Neb. — Several local pool players were recently recognized for winning the Spring Session of the American Poolplayers Association (APA) 8-Ball 9-Ball and Masters Pool Leagues. Roger Lewis from Trenton earned the 1000 lifetime matches played milestone certificate in 8-Ball...
- Juniors have quick stay at state tourney (7/16/18)
- Alliance takes two from MNB Seniors (7/16/18)
- Blessed Bison athlete reaches National Junior Olympics (7/13/18)
- Taking stock of all life's moments (7/13/18)
- Indians sign North Platte High hoops star (7/13/18)
- FCB Juniors rundown going into state (7/13/18)
- MFL sets season schedule, kicks off next week (7/13/18)
Fern Maxine Reiners (7/16/18)Fern Maxine Reiners McCOOK, Neb. — Fern Maxine Reiners, 93, died Sunday (July 15, 2018), at Highland Park Retirement Community in McCook. Visitation is Wednesday, July 18, 2018, from 2 to 8 p.m.,...
Samuel J. Solko (7/13/18)Samuel J. Solko May 6, 1942 - July 11, 2018 ATWOOD, Kan. — Samuel J. Solko, 76, of Ludell, Kan., died Wednesday (July 11, 2018), at Good Samaritan Society in Atwood, Kan. He was born May 6, 1942, in...
Marilyn Irene Gaster (7/13/18)Marilyn Irene Gaster Nov. 26, 1949 - July 12, 2018 INDIANOLA, Neb. — Marilyn Irene Gaster of Indianola passed away Thursday, July 12, 2018, at Hillcrest Nursing Home after a courageous battle with...
Joyce Price (7/12/18)
Thelma “Myrt” Burtch Dunn-Howard (7/12/18)Thelma “Myrt” Burtch Dunn-Howard Aug. 29, 1925 - May 4, 2018 LINCOLN, Neb. — Thelma “Myrt” Geraldine Burtch Dunn-Howard died on May 4, 2018, in her home. A Celebration of Life is Saturday, July 14,...
Samuel Solko (7/11/18)Samuel Solko LUDELL, Kan. — Samuel Solko, 76, of Ludell, died today (June 11, 2018), at Good Samaritan Society in Atwood, Kan. Services are pending with Pauls Funeral Home in Oberlin, Kan.
Editorial: Charter schools positioned to offer needed competition (7/16/18)You’ve probably heard the advertisements touting public schools in Nebraska, and we do have something of which to be proud. Nebraska students consistently score high in standardized tests, and our...
Letter to the Editor: Give farmers extra room on the highway (7/12/18)Last week I drove a combine down the highway for 15 miles from one field to another. I’m in a combine that takes over half the road even as I hang out on the left shoulder. Every time I do this, I...
Help WantedPart-time position now available. Must have dependable transportation, be in good health, able to lift 50 lbs, and able to multitask. Must have patience and a love of pets. Will train right person. Apply in person at Pet Pros.
Card of Thanks
Thank youThank you to all of you that shared my 90th Birthday with your beautiful cards, notes, calls, and visits. We both enjoyed them. We miss you! Shirley Hunt and Ivan too!
For Rent3 bdrm House at 810 West 12th, 2 bath, single garage, basement. $875 + deposit, no pets, call 308-340-7588
Help WantedNow Hiring Full and Part-Time Farm Help in the Imperial, NE area. All experience levels are encouraged to apply. Call or Text Jeff Wallin 308-883-8923.