County board to meet for equalization, budget workshop (7/20/18)McCOOK, Neb. — After meeting as a board of equalization for tax roll corrections and a hearing on a motor vehicle tax exemption application, the Red Willow County board of commissioners will...
168 pounds of marijuana seized in Hamilton County stops (7/20/18)GRAND ISLAND, Neb. — Troopers with the Nebraska State Patrol (NSP) have seized 168 pounds of marijuana and arrested two people following two separate traffic stops in Hamilton County. The first...
The fast and the furriest (7/20/18)
Mural monument planned as tribute to Tom Kiplinger's legacy of charity (7/20/18)McCOOK, Neb. — When McCook cowboy and roper Tom Kiplinger died on July 29, 2017, he left behind a lifetime of adventures and lots of laughter and a legacy of charitable giving. A close friend said,...
- Krist: Partisan politics hobbling Legislature (7/20/18)
- NPPD taking part in CO2 infrastructure study (7/19/18)
- County-owned carnival (7/19/18)
- Furnas County 46th names Livestock Friendly (7/19/18)
- State senators here Thursday (7/18/18)1
- Roads damaged (7/18/18)
- Minor party call leads to arrest for drugs, paraphernalia (7/18/18)
- Sheriff: Community watchfulness led to arrest of Colorado man (7/18/18)
- Council consent agenda: Crazy Days 'way cool' (7/18/18)
- New TIF bond created for hotel (7/18/18)
- Down 6-0, MNB Seniors deliver opening playoff dramaHOLDREGE, Neb. —Doniphan-Trumbull players mentioned “15-running” as they built a quick six-run lead over McCook National Bank Thursday afternoon. They were oh so right – but wrong about who put 15 runs on the board when this B-6 tournament game was done...
- MFL season hitting full speed (7/20/18)
- Best of the Bison tennis camp (7/20/18)
- McCook golfer climbs Pinnacle tourney (7/20/18)
- Area alums earn academic honors (7/20/18)
- All the champs from great Bison tennis camp (7/19/18)
- All about the blocks: MFL, summer help build Bison (7/19/18)
- Appreciating indoor greatness (7/19/18)
Teresa Ann Meyers (7/18/18)Teresa Ann Meyers Jan. 26, 1951 - July 16, 2018 KEARNEY, Neb. — Teresa Ann Meyers, 67, of Kearney, formerly of Holbrook, Neb., died Monday (July 16, 2018), at CHI Good Samaritan Hospital of Kearney....
Melvin LaRue Miner (7/17/18)Melvin LaRue Miner April 15, 1927 - July 14, 2018 GRAND ISLAND, Neb. — Melvin LaRue Miner, 91, of Grand Island, formerly of McCook, passed away on Saturday, July 14, 2018. To honor Melvin’s wishes,...
Fern Maxine Reiners (7/16/18)
Samuel J. Solko (7/13/18)Samuel J. Solko May 6, 1942 - July 11, 2018 ATWOOD, Kan. — Samuel J. Solko, 76, of Ludell, Kan., died Wednesday (July 11, 2018), at Good Samaritan Society in Atwood, Kan. He was born May 6, 1942, in...
Marilyn Irene Gaster (7/13/18)Marilyn Irene Gaster Nov. 26, 1949 - July 12, 2018 INDIANOLA, Neb. — Marilyn Irene Gaster of Indianola passed away Thursday, July 12, 2018, at Hillcrest Nursing Home after a courageous battle with...
Joyce Price (7/12/18)
Letter to the Editor: Setting the record straight on N-CORPE (7/19/18)1As I continue our objective to clarify that the four NRDs involved in N-CORPE could continue to use the groundwater underlying the augmentation project without continued direct ownership of the land,...
Editorial: Rainfall brings good, bad news (7/19/18)Nebraskans are hesitant to complain about rainfall, but like anything good, too much is a bad thing. Sudden rainfall made rural travel hazardous in parts of the county, and flash-flood warnings have...
Farm EquipmentFor Sale: Buildings and grain bins Several brands to choose from. Stroberg panels, gates, and calving pens are in stock. Coyote Canyons (308)276-2548 or 737-7602
Garage Sales711 E. 3rd Sat. 8-? Girls Clothes 3T & up, Household items, Misc
Help WantedNeed year round farm/ranch help. Call 308-963-4460
Help WantedBesler Industries is now taking applications for the following 2 positions. A full time production welder, experience required. A full time production painter. Experience is desired, but not a requirement. Excellent benefits and day shift. Apply in person to: Besler Industries, Inc., 40855 West Hwy 6 & 34, Cambridge, Ne, 69022.