History official: Take notes for future interviewMcCOOK, Neb. — 2020 is an historic year, so be prepared for future fourth graders wanting to interview you about it, said the keynote speaker at the George W. Norris Prayer Breakfast this morning. As...
FEMA grant helps buy equipment for ambulances (9/24/20)McCOOK, Neb. — A McCook City firefighter was recognized for his work in applying for a grant that netted the department more than $150,000. Steve Yager, a six-and-half-year member of the McCook City...
Unlimited devotion to community hallmark of Heritage Days honorees (9/24/20)McCOOK, Neb – The Heritage Days Grand Marshal joked, “You don’t have to be good, you just have to be old to get an award,” adding, “I love this community, it has so much to offer.” Dennis Berry was...
McCook Library to celebrate donation with ceremony on Saturday (9/24/20)McCOOK, Neb. -- The public is invited to join in the McCook Heritage Days celebration as former U.S. Sen. and Nebraska Gov. Ben Nelson personally welcomes the public Saturday, 1 p.m. at the southeast...
- Going above and beyond (9/24/20)
- Collecting milkweed pods provides butterfly habitat, filling for pillows (9/22/20)
- Labor Day gatherings help create 20 new COVID-19 cases in Southwest Nebraska (9/22/20)
- Council OKs Chamber pact (9/22/20)
- Renovation projects begin for Arapahoe Public Library (9/22/20)
- MEDC launches Cowork Space, open house Wednesday (9/22/20)
- NPPD, Extension, UNMC groups spreading message on farm safety (9/22/20)
- Contingency plans in effect; 29 quarantined for McCook Public Schools (9/22/20)
- Unpaid property tax list to county board (9/21/20)
- Routine items on agenda for county commissioners (9/18/20)
- Roughrider champ leads team to another titleHAYES CENTER, Neb. —The stars and stripes were in front from start to finish of Thursday’s Maywood-Hayes Center cross country boys race. Anyone could see the patriotic colors covering every step as Southwest senior Jacob O’Dea captured another championship...
- Kearney Bearcats escape Bison freshmen, 14-7 (9/25/20)
- McCook tennis boys dust rivals in dual (9/25/20)
- McCook athletes keep running strong at Ogallala (9/25/20)
- Bison girls drop a pair on diamond (9/25/20)
- Longhorns launch two wins, Trojans sweep (9/25/20)
- Men's League starts playoffs at Heritage Hills (9/25/20)
- Bison, area golfers take on Holdrege Invite (9/25/20)
William Dale McNerny (9/25/20)William Dale McNerny Sept. 28, 1938 - Sept. 20, 2020 LEXINGTON, Neb. — William Dale McNerny, 81, of Lexington passed away Sunday, Sept. 20, 2020, at the Plum Creek Care Center in Lexington. Dale was...
Delpha I. Nordhausen (9/25/20)Delpha I. Nordhausen Dec. 29, 1926 - Sept. 24, 2020 WAUNETA, Neb. — Delpha Irene (Brown) Nordhausen was born Dec. 29, 1926, to Andrew Jackson and Gertrude Orveta (Witt) Brown, on a farm north of...
Brenda Y. Judd (9/25/20)Brenda Y. Judd Jan. 28, 1954 - Sept. 23, 2020 KEARNEY, Neb. — Brenda Y. Judd, 66, of Kearney, passed away Wednesday, Sept. 23, 2020, at CHI Good Samaritan Hospital in Kearney. Funeral services will...
Mullen anniversary (9/25/20)60th anniversary The family of Bernard and Nona Mullen of Hot Springs Village, Ark., is requesting a card shower in honor of the couple’s 60th wedding anniversary on Tuesday, Sept. 29, 2020. They...
Osterman birthday (9/25/20)95th birthday The family of Mary Osterman of McCook is requesting a card shower in honor of her 95th birthday on Thursday, Oct. 1, 2020. She was born in Chicago, Ill., in 1925. Her family includes...
Daffer anniversary (9/25/20)60th anniversary The family of Harlow and Sandra Daffer of Lebanon, Neb., is requesting a card shower in honor of the couple’s 60th wedding anniversary on Friday, Oct. 2, 2020. They were married at...
Letter to the Editor: Alex Trebek (9/17/20)Dear Editor, Larry Evans, director of the Trenton Public Library, and Carol Wimer, assistant program director of El Dorado Manor, have made life more tolerable for me. They made certain that books...
Editorial: Home schooling moves from fringe to preferred option (9/17/20)Most students, teachers and parents are overjoyed to see kids back in class, and all the people who made sure education continued during the pandemic deserve our gratitude and utmost respect. The...
Estate SalesSale Date: Sat. Oct. 3 Time: 10:00 am Person having sale: Richard B Hayes & Ralph & Shirley Pitner Location: 4-H Building, N Hwy 25, Atwood, KS Main items for sale: Vehicles, Tractors, Implements, Trailers, Shop, Tools, Mowers, Furniture, Household, Miscellaneous. Auctioneer Co. Glad Real Estate See Gazette: 9/25/20
Experienced OTR Company DriversLooking for OTR CDL Company Driver with Flatbed experience, and good record. Tanker endorsement could be useful. For inquiry call Bruce Hagan Transport, Culbertson, NE (308)278-3141 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Local Driver NeededLocal truck drivers needed to haul distiller grains in SW NE & NW KS. Up to $1200 weekly for company drivers. Home nightly. Insurance reimbursement. 401k. Must have Class A CDL. Call 308-340-0503 for more info.
Help WantedLooking for cashiers, dishwasher and a waitress apply in person at Fuller's. Ask for Val or Linda.