Pedal-powered 'quadyak' at home on highway or water (8/17/18)McCOOK, Neb. — Randy Ridings joked that he could tether his vehicle to a hot air balloon to have three modes of travel covered. As it is, his “quadyak” is capable of travel on land and sea. To prove...
Sales tax dollars will fund HVAC upgrade at library (8/17/18)McCOOK, Neb. — It’s been a tough year at the McCook City Library. Jodi Crocker, library director, told the McCook City Library Monday night at the budget meeting that for four weeks in January, there...
Peace Medal (8/17/18)
Death, devastation, despair — Author recounts many dangers facing pioneers traveling west (8/17/18)INDIANOLA, Neb. — Crossing Nebraska and “The Great American Desert” along a westbound pioneer trail wasn’t all “Little House on the Prairie.” According to Humanities Nebraska speaker Jeff Barnes, it...
- Trash fee hike, land purchase on agenda (8/17/18)
- One flight canceled for weather; 422 passengers for month (8/16/18)
- Chase County Fair (8/16/18)
- Back to school (8/16/18)
- Sheriff collects nearly $10K in delinquent taxes (8/16/18)
- Drug dog included in proposed McCook Police Department budget (8/16/18)
- Council hears from dog park proponent (8/16/18)2
- Mari Sandoz presentation Sunday (8/15/18)
- 'Coffee' with the CEO (8/15/18)
- Finalized budgets await county valuations (8/15/18)
- Bison are dynamite on hot night at WeilandMcCOOK, Neb. — Weiland Field was cooking Thursday night with Bison blazers breaking free and big stops from the No. 1 ‘D’. Yet not even the best Booster Club scrimmage would be compete unless coaches had a little something to complain about. “We got to get a little lower with our pad level,” coach Jeff Gross observed barely one week before Bison football officially kicks off in 2018. “Our varsity wasn’t bad, but our younger guys have to get their pads lower.”...
- Trojan golfers rule season opener at home (8/17/18)
- 'Rider fires dual low score (8/17/18)
- 'Vintage' ballgame set for weekend (8/17/18)
- Randy's Run will honor beloved late Bison (8/16/18)
- History will hit MCC with alumni contests (8/16/18)
- Hillcrest announces golf tournament (8/16/18)
- Nothing to do is no excuse in McCook area (8/16/18)
Dianne Faye (Bell) Alexander (8/17/18)Dianne Faye (Bell) Alexander Aug. 6, 1948 - Aug. 15, 2018 ANDOVER, Kan. — Dianne Faye (Bell) Alexander, 69, died Wednesday Aug. 15, 2018 at Kansas Medical Center in Andover. She was born Aug. 6,...
James S. Waddell (8/17/18)James S. Waddell INDIANOLA, Neb. — James S. Waddell, 95, of Indianola, died Thursday (Aug. 16, 2018), at Hillcrest Nursing Home in McCook, Neb. Visitation is Monday, Aug. 20, 2018, from 2 to 7 p.m....
Marion “Joan” Gillen (8/16/18)
Virgil Towne (8/14/18)
Verda E. McConnell (8/14/18)Verda E. McConnell April 24,1916 - July 31, 2018 WESTMINSTER, COLO. — Verda E. McConnell passed away on July 31, 2018, at the age of 102. She was bom on April 24,1916, on a farm near Lebanon, Neb.,...
Grace Lydia Helms (8/14/18)Grace Lydia Helms Feb. 28, 1920 - Aug.12, 2018 ARAPAHOE, Neb. — Grace Lydia Helms, 98, of Arapahoe, died Sunday (Aug.12, 2018), at C.A. Mues Good Samaritan Center in Arapahoe. She was born on Feb....
Letter to the Editor: Minimal, no duplication of law enforcement (8/16/18)Dear Editor, I have react with interest some recent articles in the newspaper regarding area law enforcement services. In reviewing the articles, I noted some misconceptions and inaccurate...
Editorial: After 40 years, is justice really possible (8/15/18)Carey Dean Moore was 21 when he shot an Omaha cab driver while he and his 14-year-old brother were robbing him to buy drugs and pornography. Five days later, he shot another, he said, just to prove...
Experienced Local/OTR Company DriversCompany Drivers minimum 2 yrs CDL experience. We pull livestock,tanker, hoppers, and flatbed trailers. Call Bruce Hagan Transport, Culbertson, NE 308-278-3141 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Help WantedWell established business in McCook wanting to hire an accountant. Must have 4 years experience. Duties would be doing pay roll, taking care of payables, also able to make up profit loss balance sheets and borrowing bases from Quick Books. Excellent health insurance, & profit sharing plan, plus vacation and sick leave. Top wage to right person. Send Resume to Red Willow Aviation, Po Box 444, McCook, NE 69001
Help WantedAmerican Agricultural Lab has fulltime, part-time and seasonal positions available in the lab. Fast pace work, need ability to follow directions. We will train you for a career. Send resume to email@example.com or drop off at 700 West D Street, McCook.
Help WantedSureFire Electronics needs an administrative assistant for a growing electronics manufacturer. Tasks will include entering items into bill of materials in Microsoft Dynamics GP manufacturing system. Person will purchase components, prepare quotes, enter orders and create invoices. The right candidate will have average or better computer skills and be proficient entering information quickly and accurately. Attention to detail is a must in this role. Position could be full time with benefits...