2 chases land three subjects in one jailLEXINGTON, Neb. — The Dawson County jail in Lexington is holding three inmates after their arrests following two separate high-speed chases and manhunts, one in Kansas during which a suspect fired...
Rivers flooded to kill 13, reinforce need for damsCAMBRIDGE, Neb. — As summer storms did in times before effective weather warnings, the rain-laden thunder clouds and killer flood of June 21 and 22, 1947, snuck up on communities along the Medicine...
- City staff recommending against carport request (6/21/17)1
- Oberlin boy killed when bike was struck by pickup truck (6/21/17)
- Stormy weather ahead for Essential Air Service? (6/20/17)1
- Work Ethic Camp and MCC eyeing expanded partnership, higher education for inmates (6/20/17)1
- City calls for reduced lawn watering (6/19/17)
- Medicine Creek Days (6/19/17)
- Local business featured in ‘O Magazine’ (6/19/17)
- Tax valuation protest schedule approved (6/19/17)
- Mobile Pantry Saturday (6/19/17)
- Culbertson ‘Pool & Park Party’ set for July 3 to benefit pool project (6/19/17)
- Great night to be a 'Nut at FellingFELLING FIELD– The McCook National Bank Rivercats couldn’t keep up with Quintin Terry and his Golden Plains Realty Lugnuts on Tuesday as the Cats fell in game one of the Minors Division post-season tournament 9-5. Terry’s right arm and bat played vital roles in the Lugnuts victory...
- MNB Seniors break free from Hershland (6/21/17)
- Cowboy Kickball takes place today (6/21/17)
- Mid-America hoops camp in Hastings (6/21/17)
- First inning helps AmFirst to 8-5 win (6/21/17)
- First Central Bank ends losing streak with 17-7 win (6/21/17)
- Ropers' No. 5 finish tops MPCC rodeo national team (6/20/17)
- McCook man nearly repeats Senior National title (6/20/17)
Cool Down with patriotic frozen popsThe perfect treat to celebrate and escape the heat this summer FAMILY FEATURES — With backyard barbecues, pool parties and patriotic celebrations in full swing leading up to the Fourth of July, kids are constantly on the go with summertime activities. For long summer days in the sun, a cool treat is the perfect way to help keep kids energized for all of their summertime activities...
Celebrate with an Egg-cellent Outdoor BrunchTake advantage of warmer weather by hosting an outdoor brunch serving an egg-tastic recipe that's sure to please your friends and family. Eggs Benedict Casserole is a do-it-yourself version of the restaurant classic, combining traditional ingredients with a spicy twist. Requiring only one dish for baking and serving, this recipe is perfect for special occassions and celebrations, or casual weekend brunches at home...
- Anniversary announcement
- Birth announcement
- Birthday announcement
- Blogger signup
- Death notice form
- Employment Application
- Engagement announcement
- Request ad file
- Submit a photo
- Submit a story or a story idea
- Submit your event for our Calendar of Events
- Wedding announcement
- Weekend Menu submission
- Whiskers, ETC. submission
Billy R. Loop (6/21/17)Billy R. Loop Jan. 7, 1920 - June 20, 2017 MCCOOK, Neb. — Billy R. Loop, 97, died Tuesday (June 20, 2017), at Hillcrest Nursing Home in McCook. Services are pending with Carpenter Breland Funeral...
Dean F. Dack (6/21/17)Dean F. Dack PAXTON, Neb. — Dean F. Dack, 74, of Paxton, died June 19, 2017, at the University of Nebraska Medical Center in Omaha, Neb. Survivors include his wife, Vesta; children, Del and wife,...
Robert “Bob” Nemeth (6/20/17)Robert “Bob” Nemeth Sept. 2, 1921 - June 18, 2017 ATWOOD, Kan. — Robert “Bob” Nemeth, 95, died Sunday, June 18, 2017, in Atwood. Bob was born Sept. 2, 1921, to Kolman and Elizabeth Grill Nemeth...
Naomi Gertrude Osborn (6/20/17)Naomi Gertrude Osborn Feb. 24, 1929 – June 13, 2017 The Most Wonderful Wife, Mom, Grandma and Great-Grandma Ever BENKELMAN, Neb. —Naomi ("Omie") Gertrude Osborn, age 88, of Benkelman, passed away...
Brenda K. Gresham (6/19/17)Brenda K. Gresham June 5, 1960 - June 18, 2017 McCOOK, Neb, — Brenda K. Gresham, 57, of McCook, died Sunday (June 18, 2017), at Hillcrest Nursing Home. Services are Wednesday, June 21, 2017, 3 p.m....
Lucille M. Kopetzky (6/19/17)Lucille M. Kopetzky Nov. 16, 1929 - June 15, 2017 LINCOLN, Neb. — Lucille M. Kopetzky died Thursday, June 15, 201,7 at the Legacy Terrace in Lincoln. Lucille Marie Kopetzky was born Nov. 16, 1929, at...
Letter to the Editor: A few reasons there's no free lunch (6/21/17)I recently read Mr. Hendricks’ opinion regarding the increased prices of lunch. “No Such Thing as a Free Lunch” from June 16th to 19th edition. I respect his opinion and it got me to thinking. Below...
Editorial: Tragic reminders, and a challenge (6/21/17)McCook, Oberlin and surrounding communities were shocked and saddened to learn that a 10-year-old Oberlin boy on a bicycle was struck and killed by a pickup truck Tuesday in McCook. The accident...
Garage Sales1506 West 10th Sat. 9-1 A lot of Miscellaneous.
Garage Sales71403 Road 387 Fri. 9-6, Sat. 9-1 South highway 83 to road 714, east to road 387, 1/4 mile south, west side at end of pavement. Yard equipment, woodchipper, Leaf blower, weed eater, tool box, Harley gas tank, tires, parts, generator, household, misc.
For Rent4 Bdrm farm house, 5 miles Southeast of Palisade. $500/plus deposit, plus utilities. 308-285-3447
Help WantedSureFire Ag Systems is searching for a full time Web Programmer and Electrical Engineer. SureFire Ag specializes in providing solutions for the control and application of fertilizer, seed and chemical. We believe in looking beyond convention to be an innovative leader in a dynamic industry. For full job descriptions see www.surefireag.com/join-our-team or contact Cathy Domsch at 785-626-3670 or email@example.com.