Signs of life
UNK prof wins $50K on CBS show 'Total Knock Out' (8/20/18)KEARNEY – More than 100 friends, family members and co-workers waited 50 minutes Friday night before seeing Bryce Abbey’s run on the CBS show “TKO: Total Knock Out.” Then they watched nervously as...
Honor business (8/20/18)
North Platte man arrested after multiple pursuits (8/20/18)NORTH PLATTE, Neb. — Troopers with the Nebraska State Patrol, along with the North Platte Police Department, the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office, and Nebraska Game and Parks, have arrested a man...
Helping Dad mow (8/20/18)
- Long-time CPA purchases, renames local accounting firm (8/20/18)
- MCC sees more top-tier students, more returning for second year (8/20/18)
- Pedal-powered 'quadyak' at home on highway or water (8/17/18)
- Sales tax dollars will fund HVAC upgrade at library (8/17/18)
- Peace Medal (8/17/18)
- Death, devastation, despair — Author recounts many dangers facing pioneers traveling west (8/17/18)
- Trash fee hike, land purchase on agenda (8/17/18)
- One flight canceled for weather; 422 passengers for month (8/16/18)
- Chase County Fair (8/16/18)
- Back to school (8/16/18)
- Snowballs drop on Bison diamond season openerMcCOOK, Neb. — Whoosh! New catcher Ashley Miller’s strike to third erased the first Gothenburg Swede that reached base this season. The fire was lit on McCook’s hot start. Those ffirst three Bison batters of 2018 scalded big hits. Senior Laurel Schmidt singled, Miller singled and then junior Candace Coleman doubled home Schmidt...
- Bison are dynamite on hot night at Weiland (8/17/18)
- Trojan golfers rule season opener at home (8/17/18)
- 'Rider fires dual low score (8/17/18)
- 'Vintage' ballgame set for weekend (8/17/18)
- Randy's Run will honor beloved late Bison (8/16/18)
- History will hit MCC with alumni contests (8/16/18)
- Hillcrest announces golf tournament (8/16/18)
Donald Charles Benjamin (8/20/18)Donald Charles Benjamin Feb. 27, 1935 - Aug. 18, 2018 McCOOK, Neb. — Donald Charles Benjamin, 83, of McCook, formerly of Nenzel, Neb., died Saturday (Aug. 18, 2018), at Highland Park Retirement...
Loyd “Bob” James Keenan (8/20/18)Loyd “Bob” James Keenan Sept. 2, 1933 - Aug. 13, 2018 OBERLIN, Kan. — Loyd “Bob” James Keenan, 84, of Oberlin, died Aug. 13, 2018, at the Good Samaritan Hospital in Kearney, Neb. He was born Sept....
Ralph D. Stevens (8/20/18)Ralph D. Stevens McCOOK, Neb. — Ralph D. Stevens, 95, of McCook, died today (Aug. 20, 2018), at Community Hospital in McCook. Services are pending with Carpenter Breland Funeral Home in McCook.
Sharron L. Rowe (8/20/18)Sharron L. Rowe March 7, 1938 - Aug. 16, 2018 YORK, Neb. — Sharron L. Rowe, age 80, of York, died Thursday, Aug. 16, 2018, at York. She was born March 7, 1938, in North Platte, Neb., to Harry A. and...
James S. Waddell (8/17/18)
Dianne Faye (Bell) Alexander (8/17/18)Dianne Faye (Bell) Alexander Aug. 6, 1948 - Aug. 15, 2018 ANDOVER, Kan. — Dianne Faye (Bell) Alexander, 69, died Wednesday Aug. 15, 2018 at Kansas Medical Center in Andover. She was born Aug. 6,...
Editorial: Entrepreneurship, creativity are alive and well (8/20/18)We’ve noticed several social media postings decrying the lack of emphasis on hands-on skills like woodworking and mechanics in modern schools. While it’s true vocational classes have suffered cuts in...
Editorial: Creativity, entrepreneurship alive and well (8/20/18)We’ve noticed several social media postings decrying the lack of emphasis on hands-on skills like woodworking and mechanics in modern schools. While it’s true vocational classes have suffered cuts in...
Help WantedNeed year round farm/ranch help. Call 308-963-4460
Help WantedMy Family Vision Clinic is looking to hire a full-time Optician/Technician for the McCook and/or Benkelman locations. We are looking for a professional individual that would enjoy working with patients. No experience necessary. Apply in person at 212 West 9th St, McCook.
Help WantedSeasonal Scale/Office -Oberlin, KS We are looking for a Scale/Office Operator to be responsible for operating the scale in an accurate, efficient manner and manage the bookkeeping of transaction through completion. You must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, strong problem-solving skill and demonstrated self-starter and high initiative. Job Posting- 13887 Will need to work extended hours and weekends during harvest. Please apply online at CHSInc.com/careers
Help WantedSeasonal Grain Tech.- Oberlin, KS You will assist patrons in a professional manner and promote a positive image of the coop. You must have the ability to adapt, think and make decision quickly; have a pleasant attitude, be helpful, and customer focused. Job Posting- 13845 Please apply online at CHSInc.com/careers