GoFundMe account started for family of mother of four who died after delivering fifth (3/15/19)OMAHA, Neb. — Friends of an Omaha mother of five who died after giving birth to the fifth have started a GoFundMe account for her family and her husband, a former McCook resident. Jessica Beck, a...
City to begin crack-sealing operations (3/15/19)MCCOOK, Neb. — The City of McCook will begin crack sealing various streets in the community on Tuesday, March 19, weather permitting. It should take two to three days to complete, weather...
Elks donation to Pantry (3/15/19)The Cozad Elks Lodge recently purchased $615 worth of food items from Schmick’s Market and delivered them to the McCook Food Pantry. The funds were the result of a grant received by the Cozad Lodge...
SWNCTA production proves why everybody likes ABBA (3/15/19)McCOOK, Neb. — The Southwest Nebraska Community Theatre Association has done it again. “Mamma Mia” is a definite winner! I attended an early dress rehearsal and a second performance on Thursday...
- Nebraska's historic flooding by the numbers (3/17/19)
- Four killed in fire (3/17/19)
- New job category, engine brake law proposal on agenda (3/15/19)
- Lawmakers debate minimum wage, WEC bill (3/15/19)
- Titan Machinery (3/14/19)
- Bad hair day? (3/14/19)
- Demographics, teacher salaries reviewed in annual report (3/14/19)
- MCC prepares for sale of Husker tickets (3/13/19)
- Workforce reduction affects Spanish instructor position (3/13/19)1
- Wrecked and drizzly (3/13/19)
- Still the teacher in this classroomA determined bull (above) decides he’s had enough of this rider during the Mid-Plains Community College annual fundraiser roedo on Saturday in McCook. Fans saw all sorts of rodeo action including barrell racing (right) inside the Red Willow Fairgrounds’ Kiplinger Arena Friday and Saturday. The rodeo raised funds for scholarships, practice equipment like a bucking machine and travel expenses for this MPCC team. No results were obtained today...
- Lively Indian bats blast through two (3/18/19)
- MCC baseball quest struggles at Southeast (3/18/19)
- Watch out for Anteaters this week (3/18/19)
- MCC trio of men earn hoops honors (3/18/19)
- Husker ticket sales start 11 a.m. Saturday! (3/15/19)
- MCC trio earn Region IX recognition (3/15/19)
- Buffaloes among remaining 'bubble' bursters (3/15/19)
Marjorie Catherine (Schandler) Hickert (3/18/19)Marjorie Catherine (Schandler) Hickert Jan. 22, 1924 - March 14, 2019 BENKELMAN, Neb. — Marjorie Catherine (Schandler) Hickert, 94, died Thursday (March 14, 2019), at Hester Memorial Home in...
Albert Channell (3/18/19)Albert Channell KEARNEY, Neb. - Albert Channell, 70, of Culbertson, died Saturday (March 16, 2019), at Good Samaritan Hospital in Kearney. Services are pending with Herrmann Jones Funeral Chapel of...
Richard Lee Lambert (3/18/19)Richard Lee Lambert Sept. 16, 1941 - March 14, 2019 McCOOK, Neb. - Richard Lee Lambert of Danbury passed away Thursday, March 14, 2019, at Hillcrest Nursing Home in McCook. He was 77 years old....
Elsie May Lang (3/18/19)Elsie May Lang Sept. 22, 1923 - March 12, 2019 BARTLEY, Neb. - Elsie “Grammy” May Lang passed away on March 12, 2019, while surrounded by family. Grammy, as her grandchildren and great grandchildren...
Kenneth O. Kauffman (3/18/19)Kenneth O. Kauffman Aug. 26, 1924 - March 9, 2019 LAKEWOOD, Colo. - Kenneth O. Kauffman, 94, passed away on March 9, 2019 in Lakewood Colo. He was born in Almena, Kansas on Aug. 26, 1924, to Oliver...
Richard Lee Lambert (3/15/19)Richard Lee Lambert McCOOK, Neb. — Richard Lee Lambert, 77, died Thursday (March 14, 2019) at Hillcrest Nursing Home in McCook. Services are pending with Herrmann-Jones Funeral Chapel in McCook.
Editorial: State's resilience will be tested by flooding, recovery (3/18/19)Columnist Walt Sehnert’s story on this page about Gazette founder Harry Strunk should offer some insight into the impact the current flooding elsewhere in Nebraska will have over the coming months...
Letter to the Editor: The Wall is a balancing act (3/15/19)In order not to hear or read about the problems of building a wall along the border between the U.S. Mexico, we would have to live on another planet. El Paso, Texas, is located on the border between...
Help WantedThe Bureau of Reclamation is currently seeking a Natural Resource Specialist. Position is located in McCook, NE. This is a full-time position. To apply, please go to www.usajobs.gov. The Bureau of Reclamation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For Rent4-plex, Indianola. 2 Bdrm Ga. Cntr Air. 308-375-4334
Hay & Grazing
WANTED TO RENTLOOKING FOR PASTURE TO RENT IN AND AROUND MCCOOK AREA FOR 60 COW CALF PAIRS. CONTACT JOSH NEEL 340-6931 OR DON NEEL 340-6930
AuctioneTue. April 2nd, 2019 10:00 am MDT Real Estate Auction 514 Buffalo Street, Benkelman, NE House & Real Estate located at 514 Buffalo Street, Benkelman, NE Gateway Realty of McCook, Inc. See Gazette: 3/15/19