Holdrege man charged with two counts of murderHOLDREGE, Neb. — Today, Deputy Phelps County Attorney Natalie Nelsen announced the charges filed against Manuel Gomez, 45, of Holdrege, in connection with the shooting deaths of Raymond Burton, 65,...
'Sausage making' in full swingMcCOOK, Neb. — Although no property tax relief bills have been advanced so far in the Nebraska Legislature, it’s not for lack of trying. Discussion on three property tax relief bills lasted almost 10...
Heritage Plaza to be transitioned to city of Cambridge (2/21/19)CAMBRIDGE, Neb. - In a news release issued Wednesday, Tri Valley Health System Board of Trustees stated that they voted to explore transitioning the operation of Heritage Plaza Retirement Village to...
Tri Valley Health System to close Cambridge Manor (2/21/19)CAMBRIDGE, Neb. – The Tri Valley Health System Board of Trustees has voted that due to numerous financial factors, it will close Cambridge Manor long-term care. The hospital, clinics, and assisted...
- Crash near Aurora Wednesday claims life
- Council hears update on NDOT grant (2/20/19)
- MEDC to shift emphasis to workforce improvement (2/20/19)
- City considering engine brake ordinance (2/19/19)
- B Street, Park Ave. get street repairs this year (2/19/19)
- Fundraising rodeo set March 15-16 (2/19/19)
- Hospital limiting visitors due to flu (2/19/19)
- Lack of detail on liquor license raises councilman's concern (2/19/19)
- Mobile Pantry in McCook (2/18/19)
- True to his word, brew pub customer shares Keno winnings with waitress (2/18/19)1
- Heartbreak hits Trojans at subdistrict finalGOTHENBURG, Neb. — The Cambridge Trojans were 22 points closer to South Platte Thursday night than their first meeting in December... But they needed at least two more to keep their state dreams alive. “I actually wanted to get the three and go for the win,” coach Jimmy Blex said about the final seconds of a C2-11 subdistrict title game. “But I said if you get a drive to the hoop, take it.”...
- Last Wildcat putback ends Arapahoe's season (2/22/19)
- Get ready for round five and state shot (2/22/19)
- Bison divers just miss the cut at state (2/22/19)
- Broncos beat DC-S Tigers again for title (2/22/19)
- North Central ruins Cambridge girls' state quest (2/22/19)
- Red Devil boys build a win streak (2/22/19)
- Broncos can't be stopped, top Tigers again (2/21/19)
Mary Ellen (Cassidy) Dunlop (2/22/19)Mary Ellen (Cassidy) Dunlop Sept. 26, 1954 - Feb. 20, 2019 MINDEN, Neb. — Mary Ellen (Cassidy) Dunlop, 64, of Minden, died Wednesday (Feb. 20, 2019), at the Beaver City Manor, in Beaver City, Neb....
Lisa Leanne Bohac (2/22/19)Lisa Leanne Bohac Sept. 30, 1964 - Feb. 19, 2019 LEIGH, Neb. — Lisa Leanne Bohac, age 54, of Leigh, died Tuesday, Feb. 19, 2019, at her mother’s home in Norfolk, Neb. Lisa was born Sept. 30, 1964, in...
Jeanne Boyle Oldweiler (2/22/19)Jeanne Boyle Oldweiler COLUMBIA, Mo. — Jeanne Boyle Oldweiler passed away surrounded by family on Monday, Feb. 18, 2019, in Columbia. Funeral services will be Monday, Feb. 25, 2019, at St. Thomas...
Kenneth Lavern Patton, Jr. (2/21/19)
Betty L. Marshall (2/21/19)Betty L. Marshall Oct. 6, 1937 - Feb. 19, 2019 BEAVER CITY, Neb. — Betty L. Marshall, 81, of Beaver City, died Tuesday (Feb. 19, 2019), at the Beaver City Manor and Assisted Living. She was born on...
Donald Curran (2/21/19)Donald Curran HAYES CENTER, Neb. — Donald Curran, 82, of Hayes Center, died Thursday (Feb. 21, 2019), at Hillcrest Nursing Home in McCook. Services are pending with Carpenter Breland Funeral Home...
Editorial: Nebraska's values give state economic edge (2/20/19)It may be hard to believe when one reads court reports, crime stories or law enforcement news releases, but Nebraska is populated by people with higher traditional moral standards than average. That...
Editorial: California solar panel mandate bears watching (2/19/19)Over the years, it’s been interesting to watch trends that start in California as they spread to the rest of the country — or not. From skateboards to fashion to legal weed, things seem to start on...
Help WantedPATROL OFFICER - CITY OF MCCOOK, NEBRASKA is accepting applications and resumes (both required) for one Patrol Officer in accordance with McCook Civil Service Act. Applicants must be able to pass a background investigation. Psychological evaluation and drug test required for applicants determined eligible for hire by the McCook Civil Service Commission. Law enforcement experience preferred, not required. Must become Nebraska-certified Law enforcement officer within one year. Starting salary...
AuctioncFri., Mar. 8, 2019 1:00 PM Southwest Nebraska Angus Association Tristate Livestock, McCook, NE 40 Yearling, Fall, and Two-year old Angus Bulls Tristate Livestock See Big Nickel: 3/1/19
For RentLarge 3 bedroom home. All appliances furnished, 2 baths, carport, attached garage. No Dogs. Call 308-345-1888
Help WantedYard/Delivery position available. CDL welcome. Apply inside at Mead 107 East 1st or call 308-345-7807.