You swat my flies, I'll swat yours
America's nicest place? Only time will tellOver the past month, I have had the privilege of sharing stories about why McCook and specifically Sehnert’s Bakery earned the Nebraska nomination for the “Nicest Place in America” and why it should...
Time for supperJosh Crocker of McCook has donated a large oil painting titled "Time for Supper" by Emmett Jones (Aug. 5, 1928-Aug. 13, 1991) to the High Plains Museum in downtown McCook, in memory and recognition...
Blame it all on my roots ...Ten-year-old Kenzie Bardsley distributes freezer pops from her grandmother Susan Todd's "Susie's Creative Stitches" float, first-place float winner in the Wauneta Harvest Fest parade Saturday...
Former publisher Gene O. Morris dies at 80KEARNEY, Neb. — Former McCook Gazette publisher Gene O. Morris died Sunday in the Kearney Regional Medical Center of double pneumonia and heart complications, according to family members. Funeral...
- New grocer offers quality Mexican cuts and imports (7/19/19)
- Donation to Pantry (7/19/19)
- 'Remember all this' (7/19/19)
- 'Session With the Senator' set for Saturday (7/19/19)
- Nicest Place in America -- Change at bakery needed, successful (7/19/19)
- 'Wild Horse Ministries' (7/18/19)
- 'Nicest Place in America' -- Caring neighbors may not be unique, but only in McCook can Mr. Bill be found (7/18/19)
- Summer flu 'cluster' adding to hot weather misery (7/18/19)
- Omaha salesman shares 'Nicest Place' opinion (7/17/19)
- MPD receives grant for radar units, in-car camera (7/17/19)
- Beatrice knocks McCook FCB out of state tourneyMcCOOK, Neb. — Beatrice pounced on help of four errors and five walks to finish McCook National Bank's season, 5-2, at the Class B Juniors Legion state baseball tournament Monday afternoon. McCook (17-15 final record) stayed within striking range by making some good defensive plays likerelief pitcher Colton Stevens' diving catch of a popped-up bunt. Stevens quickly jumped and threw to third where he doubled off a Beatrice runner...
- Hickman handling Class B state field (7/22/19)
- Super close games kick off MFL season (7/22/19)
- Juniors step up for state tournament win (7/22/19)
- Late rally moves MNB one win from state (7/22/19)
- McCook beats Bow to stay in state tourney (7/21/19)
- Cornerstone rocks state first-day finale with McCook (7/20/19)
- Great teamwork setting it up for state at McCook (7/19/19)
Dorothy Virginia Lockenour (7/22/19)Dorothy Virginia Lockenour Sept. 16, 1917 - July 20, 2019 CAMBRIDGE, Neb — Dorothy Virginia Lockenour, 101, formerly of Cambridge, died Saturday (July 20, 2019), at the Elwood Care Center, Elwood,...
Ellsworth Edwin Brown (7/22/19)Ellsworth Edwin Brown Sept. 23, 1925 - July 20, 2019 BENKELMAN, Neb. — Ellsworth Edwin Brown, 93, formerly of Trenton, Neb., died Saturday (July 20, 2019), at Sarah Ann Hester Memorial Home in...
Gene O. Morris (7/22/19)Gene O. Morris Nov. 7, 1938 - July 21, 2019 McCOOK, Neb. — Gene O. Morris, 80, of McCook, died Sunday (July 21, 2019), at Kearney Regional Hospital in Kearney, Neb. Services are pending with...
Lorinda “Lorie” Kay Brandt (7/22/19)Lorinda “Lorie” Kay Brandt McCOOK, Neb. — Lorinda “Lorie” Kay Brandt, 56, of McCook, died Thursday (July 18, 2019), in McCook. A memorial service is Thursday, July 25, 2019, 2 p.m., at Carpenter...
Sandra Sue Large (7/22/19)Sandra Sue Large April 6, 1958 - July 19, 2019 HAYES CENTER, Neb. — Sandra Sue Large was born on April 6, 1958, at Spalding, Neb., to LaVerne A. and Kay L. (Jenkins) Buckles. Sandy, as she was known,...
Charles F. Fuller (7/22/19)Charles F. Fuller Nov.1, 1932 - July 10, 2019 MONTROSE, Colo. — Charles Frederick Fuller, age 86, of Montrose, passed away July 10, 2019, in Denver, Colo. Charles was born on Nov. 1, 1932, in...
Editorial: Gene O. Morris: A man of passion, enthusiasm, family (7/22/19)Gene O. Morris was a man of passion. He embraced everything that he did with zeal. When he believed in an idea, his enthusiasm was contagious; and sometimes even irrepressible. His first passion, of...
Letter to the Editor: A shoplifting incident in wartime Denver (7/19/19)Between 1939 and 1945, America was experiencing the effects of World War II. Families were recovering from the Great Depression. My parents and I lived in an older neighborhood in Denver. They lived...
For RentLarge one bedroom apartment, good location. (308)345-6632
Help WantedGreat Plains Communications is looking for a highly motivated, outgoing and detail-oriented customer service representative to interact with customers both telephonically and face-to-face. Duties include processing customer requests, making service recommendations, and accepting/applying customer payments. We have one full-time customer service position available in our new McCook, Nebraska office. Weekly work hours are 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Monday thru Friday, with a rotating Saturday...
Help WantedThe Bureau of Reclamation is currently seeking a Supervisory Civil Engineer (Hydrologic). Position is located in McCook, NE. This is a full-time position. Job closes July 31, 2019. To apply, please go to www.usajobs.gov. The Bureau of Reclamation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Help WantedNow hiring servers. Fun family restaurant. Day time hours Available. Call Greg at 308-345-1611