NPPD offering time-of-use option as incentive for customer savings (10/15/21)COLUMBUS, Neb. - A Time-of-Use program has been on the minds of Nebraska Public Power District (NPPD) for several years and is now a reality for NPPD retail customers. NPPD retail customers are those...
Commissioners to open bids for motor grader Monday (10/15/21)McCOOK, Neb. — Red Willow County Commissioners will open bids for a new motor grader at Monday’s regular meeting. The item is on the agenda for 10 a.m. Lutz and Co. is on the agenda at 9:15 a.m. for...
Council will consider adding more property to TIF development (10/15/21)McCOOK, Neb. — The McCook City Council will be asked to move additional property into redevelopment areas so it can be developed for housing, at the regular meeting Monday, 5:30 p.m. at the city...
National Women Involved in Farm Economics convention set Nov. 3-5 in McCook (10/15/21)McCOOK, Neb. — The national convention for Women Involved in Farm Economics is set for the Cobblestone Motel Nov. 3-5 in McCook. The location was selected by National WIFE President Jennifer Steen of...
- Local students graduate from University of Nebraska Med Center (10/15/21)
- Costume shop gets into Halloween spirit (10/15/21)
- McCook part of new statewide entrepreneurial initiative (10/14/21)
- Depression Screening Day is Oct. 14 (10/14/21)
- State agency honors McCook business partner for creating inclusive workplace (10/13/21)
- 98 new COVID cases reported (10/12/21)1
- Fall festival (10/12/21)
- McCook Taekwando team earns Mid Platte Valley titles (10/12/21)
- Ghoulish girl-dolls (10/12/21)
- Teachers working on new math curriculum (10/12/21)
You can purchase a reprint of any photo in these galleries. Simply note the file number watermarked across the center of the photo, and then fill out photo order form here
(Your ordered photo will not have the Gazette logo or the watermark on it)
- Bison drop tough 21-14 battle at ScottsbluffSCOTTSBLUFF, Neb. — Sophomore Sebastien Boyle's 72-yard touchdown run on the second play after halftime broke a 14-14 tie and eventually decided Scottsbluff's 21-14 win over McCook Friday night. The Bearcats (6-2 record) clinched their district championship with a fifth consecutive win...
- After besting Skyhawks, Bison take state runner-up honors (10/15/21)
- Raiders, Falcons wrap up regular season with big wins (10/15/21)
- Bison No. 1 singles, No. 1 doubles in state finals! (10/15/21)
- Bison's leading duo making return to Class B state (10/15/21)
- MCC volleyball team scores 3-1 win at Trinidad (10/15/21)
- Bison put 'lights out' on visiting North Platte (10/15/21)
- Bison and Rams recognize one of their best (10/15/21)
Cole birthday (10/15/21)100th birthday The family of Norma (Walters) Cole of Trenton, Neb., is requesting a card shower in honor of her 100th birthday on Monday, Oct. 25, 2021. She was born in Trenton in 1921. Her family...
Crandon birthday (10/8/21)
McKillip birthday (10/8/21)90th birthday The family of Janet McKillip of Hayes Center, Neb., is requesting a card shower in honor of her 90th birthday on Thursday, Oct. 14, 2021. Her family includes children, Joyce and Larry...
Helen J. “Dollie” Bussard Miller (10/14/21)
Cynthia Sue (Orman) Wickizer (10/14/21)Cynthia Sue (Orman) Wickizer Feb. 18, 1960 - Oct. 11, 2021 McCOOK, Neb. — Cindy (Orman) Wickizer, age 61, went peacefully home to be with the Lord, on Oct. 11, 2021, at her brothers’ house in...
James “Jim” Robert Garrett (10/12/21)
Editorial: Despite lower vaccination rate, Nebraska safer than many other states (10/15/21)Nebraskans, especially in this part of the state, are naturally “socially distanced,” which may one of the most important factors when it comes to safety during the pandemic. The number-crunchers at...
Editorial: Learn the Sounds of Fire Safety (10/8/21)Technology can be a lifesaver if it works, but we have to understand what it is trying to tell us if it is to be effective. Toward that end, the National Fire Protection Association has chosen “Learn...
Business ServicesHandyman work and Septic tank pumping 308-340-6356.
Wanted to BuyHelp with light housework and laundry. Start first of November. One day a week. 308-278-2209.
Estate SalesSale Date: Sat. Oct. 23 Time: 10:00 am Person having sale: Public Auction Location: 4-H Bldg, Red Willow Fair Grounds, McCook, NE Main items for sale: 2010 Ford F-150, Tools, Furniture, Household, Collectibles, Coins, Mounts, Lawn & Garden, Antiques, Miscellaneous. Auctioneer Co. Youngs Auction Service See Big Nickel: 10/8/21