Prairie Arboretum classroom (10/20/20)2Mike Winkler, biologist with Pheasants Forever, teaches St. Patrick third grade class members about native prairie plants during a tour of the Norris Institute’s Prairie Arboretum, North Highway 83...
Social media and freedom of the press (10/20/20)1I’ve been intrigued with a question tendered to me by a young lady recently. “Where can young people like me get information of who to vote for?” was the query. I suggested the Gazette; they don’t...
Purple Pinkie Project supports polio vaccinations (10/20/20)McCOOK, Neb. -- Beginning today through Saturday, patrons of Sehnert’s Bakery and Bieroc Café can enjoy a long john dipped in purple icing and support a worthy cause at the same time. In cooperation...
Homecoming celebration (10/20/20)Homecoming royalty crowned Friday night include, from left, First Attendants Emma Kehler and Torrington Ford, Queen Kora Keslin, King Alec Langan, Second Attendants Elsa Wilcox and Mark Arp, and...
- Big Give needed more than ever (10/20/20)
- Free COVID-19 tests available next two Wednesdays at RW County Fairgrounds (10/20/20)
- Halloween Parade canceled out of COVID caution (10/20/20)
- Masks now in effect at senior center, library (10/20/20)
- Ricketts announces new DHMs in face of climbing numbers (10/19/20)
- Jiffy burger legend lives on (10/16/20)1
- Council asked for approval of daycare plan (10/16/20)
- Candidates discuss philosophies, goals at Gazette's Coffee With a Cop (10/15/20)
- MHS activities still mostly on track despite virus (10/15/20)
- No mask mandate in proposed COVID proclamation (10/14/20)
- RPAC champion Wolves sweep two to hit 25-0BARTLEY, Neb. — The Maywood-Hayes Center Wolves celebrate their three-set RPAC tournament finals sweep of East No. 1 seed Bertrand Tuesday night at Southwest High School. M-HC (25-0) also took all three sets from Wauneta-Palisade, who took a 2-0 lead on the Wolves in their previous meeting before dropping a five-setter...
- Bison win in 'most fun of the year' at Weiland (10/20/20)
- Bison Class B tennis state champ and medalists (10/20/20)
- Broncos set up rematch with Wolves today at 3 (10/20/20)
- McCook 'C' football team wins finale, 63-29 (10/20/20)
- Raiders, Falcons rule regular-season finales (10/20/20)
- MCC planning volleyball try-outs next month (10/20/20)
- Final results of recent McCook Demo Derby (10/20/20)
Rhonda Lou (Hardiek) Frack (10/20/20)Rhonda Lou (Hardiek) Frack July 14, 1948 - Oct. 16, 2020 NORTON, Kan. — Rhonda Lou (Hardiek) Frack, 72, of Norcatur, died Friday (Oct. 16, 2020), at the Andbe Home in Norton, Kan. She was born in...
Audrey Ann (Bryant) Cole (10/20/20)Audrey Ann (Bryant) Cole Aug. 11, 1932 - Oct. 17, 2020 CURTIS, Neb. — Audrey Ann (Bryant) Cole, age 88, of Curtis, passed away on Saturday, Oct. 17, 2020, at Stone Hearth Estates in Gothenburg, Neb....
Dale Burdette Wilson (10/20/20)Dale Burdette Wilson July 4, 1925 - Oct. 16, 2020 WAUNETA, Neb. — Since the birth of Dale Burdette Wilson on July 4, 1925, he has been a “firecracker” so to speak, with a very independent spirit. ...
Rousselle birthday (10/20/20)90th birthday The family of Betty (Bobinmyer) Rousselle of McCook is requesting a card shower in honor of her 90th birthday on Sunday, Oct. 25, 2020. Her family includes Robert (Terry) Rousselle of...
Kennedy birth (10/16/20)Oakland Collins Kennedy Tyler and Krista Kennedy of Indianola, Neb., announce the birth of their son, Oakland Collins Kennedy, who was born Sept. 21, 2020, in McCook, Neb. He weighed 7 pounds, 10...
Hein birthday (10/16/20)91st birthday The family of Don Hein of McCook is requesting a card shower in honor of his 91st birthday on Friday, Oct. 23, 2020. You can send birthday wishes to 1603 West 3rd, McCook, NE 69001.
Gerald “Jerry” E. Beideck (10/20/20)Gerald “Jerry” E. Beideck Dec. 20, 1928 - Oct. 17, 2020 McCOOK, Neb. — Gerald “Jerry” E. Beideck, age 91, of McCook, left his earthly home on Saturday, Oct. 17, 2020, and went to be with his Savior....
Jean Alice (Maris) Wach (10/20/20)Jean Alice (Maris) Wach Sept. 15, 1942 - Oct. 16, 2020 HAMLET, Neb. — Jean Alice (Maris) Wach was born on Sept. 15, 1942, at Imperial, Neb., to Floyd and Mildred (Bohlke) Maris. Jean trusted in...
Lavena Marie (Stock) Marks (10/20/20)Lavena Marie (Stock) Marks Jan. 15, 1932 - Oct. 16, 2020 TRENTON, Neb. — Lavena Marie (Stock) Marks, 88, of Trenton, passed away on Oct. 16, 2020, at Prairie Senior Living Complex in Colby, Kan.,...
Editorial: Public support key to success of new directed measures (10/20/20)Officials hoped lifting most virus restrictions last month wouldn’t allow allow the number of new COVID-19 cases to increase the way they have, but it turns out that was wishful thinking. Like...
Editorial: Residents must do their part to stop the spread (10/16/20)The McCook City Council has some important items on its agenda for Monday, but one item should be a slam-dunk. There should be no debate about supporting the McCook Chamber of Commerce’s proclamation...
To Give AwayCats & Kittens to give away to a good home. 309 Northeast Oberlin, KS. 785-470-1851
Help WantedPART-TIME DISPATCHER. City of McCook is accepting applications for (1) Part-Time Dispatcher (32 hr/week) for the McCook Police Department. Applicants should possess good written and oral communication skills, type at least 40 WPM, be organized and able to handle multi-task work. Successful applicant will need to pass a written exam, pre-employment drug screening and criminal history check. Excellent medical, dental, and life insurance benefits and employer match pension plan. Shift Work....
NoticesHASTINGS GUN SHOW Fairgrounds in Hastings October 31 9-6 November 1 10-4 Call Jim Price 402-462-0103 COVID approved
Help Wanted - AgHarvester Needed 900 acres dry land corn in Hays County. Combined and Trucked. 308-530-2819