Matching funds awarded for bridge replacement (1/15/19)LINCOLN, Neb. — Red Willow County's proposal to replace a wooden bridge west of Marion with culverts has been approved for funding from the county bridge match program of the Nebraska Department of...
School board officers elected, members sworn in (1/15/19)McCOOK, Neb. — Officers were elected and newly elected board members were sworn in, at the regular McCook Board of Education meeting Monday night. Taking the oath of office were recently elected...
Mary Ann Downing-Schwerdt (1/15/19)Mary Ann Downing-Schwerdt STRATTON, Neb. — Mary Ann Downing-Schwerdt, 89, died Sunday (Jan. 13, 2019), at the Sarah Ann Hester Home in Benkelman, Neb. Survivors include children, Doug Downing and...
New auto shop opening soon (1/14/19)Construction is wrapping up at the new home for Lopez Service & Repair in McCook's industrial park just behind Valmont. Owners of the former Colorado based business, Luis and Maria Lopez, are...
- School officials pleased but perplexed about school rankings (1/14/19)
- Denver Police Department offers advice to Stock Show attendees (1/11/19)
- Tennessee man arrested after driving on rims on I-80 (1/11/19)
- Crop production roadshow coming to West-Central Nebraska (1/11/19)
- Beaver City, Stratton awarded CDBG funding (1/11/19)
- R-Project contract awarded (1/11/19)
- Valmont employees put their best soup forward (1/11/19)
- Resignation, donations on tap for school board (1/11/19)
- 'Let's keep in touch' — Pool of graduates seen as valuable recruiting resource (1/11/19)
- Up-and-coming local star to appear at 2019 Cattleman's Ball (1/10/19)
- Minutemen and 'Maids will challenge Bison teams tonightMcCOOK, Neb. — Potential future playoff foe Lexington arrives to take on both the McCook girls and boys tonight at McCook High School. Varsity basketball action should begin around 5:45 p.m. with boys following the girls’ game. The Minutemaids (2-13 record) are struggling along on a seven-game losing streak — except those foes include 14-0 Wahoo, 13-2 Sdney, 12-2 Wahoo Bishop Neumann and 11-3 Hastings Adams Central...
- MCC volleyball team adds Nebraska talent (1/15/19)
- McCook Legion baseball elections on Wednesday (1/15/19)
- Bison invasion to north will tip off SWC (1/15/19)
- Roughriders, Paxton are No. 1 RPAC boys teams (1/15/19)
- Tigers, Trojans top RPAC girls' field (1/15/19)
- Buffaloes rumble past Greeley (1/15/19)
- Bison whipp-et good in win over Minden (1/14/19)
Lois G. May (1/15/19)Lois G. May March 26, 1920 - Jan. 12, 2019 HAYES CENTER, Neb. — Lois G. May, 98, of Hayes Center, passed away Jan. 12, 2019, at St. Luke’s Care Center in Kearney. The oldest of six children, Lois was...
Dawn C. Salyer (1/15/19)Dawn C. Salyer Aug. 27, 1982 - Jan. 10, 2019 KEARNEY, Neb. — Dawn C. Salyer, 36, of Kearney, passed away on Thursday, Jan. 10, 2019, at her home. Funeral services will be on Friday, Jan. 18, 2019, at...
Ivan D. Schmid (1/14/19)
Sharon Buffington (1/14/19)Sharon Buffington June 3, 1942 - Jan. 12, 2019 IMPERIAL, Neb. — On June 3, 1942, Sharon Kay Hewitt was born at home in Palisade, Neb., to Clarence H. and Anna E. (Cunningham) Hewitt. Sharon grew up...
Donna Haines (1/14/19)Donna Haines BENKELMAN, Neb. — Donna Haines, 91, of Benkelman, died Friday (Jan. 11, 2019), at Sarah Ann Hester Memorial Home in Benkelman. Survivors include her husband, Marvin “Burr” Haines of...
David L. Fischer (1/14/19)David L. Fischer Oct. 5, 1936 - Jan. 9, 2019 NORTH PLATTE, Neb. — David L. Fischer, 82, of North Platte, formerly of Maywood, Neb., passed away Jan. 9, 2019, at Great Plains Health. He was born on a...
Editorial: Federal shutdown puts spotlight on personal finances (1/16/19)We see the stories as the federal shutdown drags on. Canadian air traffic controllers buying pizzas for their colleagues south of the border, federal employees forced to work for nothing, leaving...
Editorial: Freedom of speech, religious freedom cut from same cloth (1/15/19)Accused of being “the enemy of the people” and threatened with overturning long-established law assuring freedom to openly criticize American leadership, journalists might be forgiven for forgetting...
For Rent4-plex, Indianola. 2 Bdrm Ga. Cntr Air. 308-375-4334
Help Wanted - Health CareFull and part-time In Home caregiver positions available in Benkelman, Stratton, Imperial, McCook and Indianola. Must be dependable and work independently, have a valid drivers license, pass an extensive background check and enjoy working with the people. Send a resume or pick up an application at KB Home Care 302 west 3rd McCook.
AuctioncSat.,Jan. 26th, 2019 10:00 AM Three Family Auction 4-H Building, Red Willow Fair Grounds, McCook, NE 1958 GMC 100 Pick-up- good shape, Antiques, Collectibles, Furniture, Household, Yard, Snowblower, Wood Burning Stoves, Gun, Miscellaneous Youngs Auction Service See Big Nickel: 01/11/2019
Help WantedBSB Construction, Inc. is looking for an individual who is motivated to work in our shop on heavy equipment. Some experience preferred but willing to train the right individual. Go online to bsbinc.net for an application or give us a call at 308-367-4336. EOE