B Street lights
McCook Chamber honors eight students (1/22/19)McCOOK, Neb. — The McCook Area Chamber of Commerce board of directors honored eight students from McCook High School at their January meeting held at Brookdale. The Student of the Month Program began...
'North of the Platte' book signing (1/22/19)Former McCook resident Bryan Jones discusses his third book, "North of the Platte, South of the Niobrara: A Little Further into the Nebraska Sand Hills," during a reading Saturday at the High Plains...
Councilors compare bids for concession stands (1/22/19)McCOOK, Neb. — Two McCook City councilors questioned the difference of bids for concessions at McCook’s two ballfields. The city takes bids every three years to operate the concession stands at...
City deals with underground cable congestion (1/22/19)McCOOK, Neb. — Sometimes it takes days or weeks to process applications to lay underground cable or fiber optic lines, said a McCook City staff member Monday night. That’s because, with pre-existing...
- Financial Peace classes start in February (1/21/19)
- What's your goal? Where are you, really? Random thoughts for the weekend (1/18/19)
- Weeds, noxious or not (1/18/19)
- Laundromat loan, cable fees, permits on council agenda (1/18/19)
- Bus incident sparks LB 143; driver to testify (1/18/19)1
- McCook Public Schools earn 'great' ranking (1/18/19)
- District court sentencings on a variety of charges (1/17/19)
- Councilman, retired police officer finds new Tex-Mex career (1/17/19)
- More than the '3Rs' (1/17/19)
- Woman arrested in connection with 2017 murder (1/17/19)
- Icy-cool McCook girls make history with winGOTHENBURG, Neb. — There was no slip sliding into reverse once the McCook girls moved within range of another victory Monday night. “I thought our girls controlled themselves in the last three minutes of the game,” coach Amy Scheil remarked following a 51-45 Southwest Conference tournament win over host Gothenburg. “We’re just starting to build and build and build. Now we have three days of practice to work out some kinks.”...
- Bison wrestling, RPAC hoops called off tonight (1/22/19)
- Haymakers break away from Bison in SWC (1/22/19)
- Wolves surprise No. 2-seed Hitchcock girls in OT (1/22/19)
- Trojans march through Southern Valley to semis (1/22/19)
- Higher seeds rule RPAC hoops openers (1/22/19)
- Trojans lights up nets for 46 and decks Cards (1/21/19)
- Bison teams ready to tip off SWC tonight (1/21/19)
Opal Marie Gregg (1/22/19)Opal Marie Gregg May 20, 1928 – Jan. 12, 2019 LONGMONT, Colo — Opal Marie Gregg passed away on Jan. 12, 2019, at her home in Longmont. She was 90 years old. Opal was born in Cambridge, Neb., to...
Vivian Jane (Sanford) Ohrman (1/22/19)Vivian Jane (Sanford) Ohrman Jan. 9, 1953 - Jan. 21, 2019 BENKELMAN, Neb. — Vivian Jane (Sanford) Ohrman was born in Benkelman to Stanley Lloyd and Violet Mae (Garner) Sanford on Jan. 9, 1953. ...
Wayne A. Stewart (1/21/19)
Editorial: Medicare-for-all sounds great, until the bill comes due (1/23/19)During the debate — including a government shutdown — that led up to the passage of the Affordable Care Act, we remember hearing a millennial’s plaintive cry about the unfairness of the “individual...
Editorial: Newspaper series proves grades not always sign of success (1/22/19)“I never let schooling interfere with my education.” Samuel Langhorne Clemens probably never uttered the above quote attributed to him, more than likely it was contemporary novelist Grant Allen....
Hay & Grazing21 bales of Oat Hay. 3x4x8. 1,240 lbs each. $75 per bale or $70 each if you take them all. Call 883-0110
Miscellaneous for SaleLooking for female companion. Age 55-70, in the McCook area. Call Terry at 308-345-7982 or email at email@example.com
For Rent4-plex, Indianola. 2 Bdrm Ga. Cntr Air. 308-375-4334
Help Wanted - Health CareFull and part-time In Home caregiver positions available in Benkelman, Stratton, Imperial, McCook and Indianola. Must be dependable and work independently, have a valid drivers license, pass an extensive background check and enjoy working with the people. Send a resume or pick up an application at KB Home Care 302 west 3rd McCook.