MCC offers classes to meet EMT demandMcCOOK, Neb. -- They’re the frontline workers – the first to respond when someone is injured or sick. They take control of emergency situations, provide immediate care, calm fears and often block the...
School board amends last year's lunch budgetMcCOOK, Neb. — The McCook Board of Education approved the amended current 2019-20 budget at its regular meeting Monday. The amended budget reflects the expenses/revenue of state and federal dollars...
MPS gets ready to open amid COVID-19 rules (8/11/20)McCOOK, Neb. — Updates to the reopening of McCook Public Schools were reviewed by the McCook Board of Education Monday night. Reopening guidelines were first released in July by Superintendent Grant...
Siblings splash through pool for 11 state medals (8/11/20)LINCOLN, Neb. — Caleb Shaw (left), Corbin Shaw (middle) and Karragan Shaw (right) all of McCook display their medals from Cornhusker State Games Swimming events in Lincoln last weekend. The Shaw...
- DHHS urges catch up on child immunizations, and all Nebraskans to get flu vaccine once its available
- Grand opening celebrates second childcare initiative from 'Jump Start' (8/11/20)
- UNO official appointed to Nebraska Aeronautics Commission (8/11/20)
- With 12 new cases and five deaths, SWNPHD urges testing, isolation for those with symptoms (8/11/20)
- County budget hearings set next week (8/10/20)
- MEDC works to adapt to changing work environment (8/10/20)
- NDCS closing visitation/volunteer programs temporarily (8/10/20)
- Medicaid expansion first week off to a solid start (8/10/20)
- Nebraska LEAD programming postponed through August 2021 (8/10/20)
- Bum Malleck Memorial Threshing (8/9/20)
2020 Crazy Days
- Bison blasting through first week of footballMcCOOK, Neb. — Quarterback Mark Arp runs the option though some McCook Bison defensive linemen are aiming to disrupt this play during Wednesday morning's football team practice at McCook High School. The Bison are busy with 72 players starting preparation for their 2020 season. Fans can see them in a pre-season scrimmage at Weiland Field on Saturday. More details will appear on an upcoming Gazette sports page...
- Big Ten finishes its fumble of fall sports hopes (8/11/20)
- Bouncin' back into busy fall for Bison (8/11/20)
- Bison welcome more than 70 on football team (8/11/20)
- Heritage Hills league scrambles to decide champs (8/11/20)
- All-league Red Devil joining MCC's basketball team (8/11/20)
- YMCA Co-Ed Fall Softball drawing closer (8/11/20)
- McCook driver zooms to top three again (8/11/20)
Joseph Charles Tines (8/11/20)Joseph Charles Tines June 16, 1930 - Aug. 5, 2020 LINCOLN, Neb. — Joseph Charles Tines, 90 years, died Wednesday, Aug. 5, 2020, at the Monarch Hospice House in Lincoln, after a very short illness....
Celesta Grace Rhodes (8/11/20)Celesta Grace Rhodes July 25, 1964 - Aug. 7, 2020 RICHMOND TOWNSHIP, Mich.—Celesta Grace Rhodes, 56, of Richmond Township, entered eternal life, with family by her side, on Friday, Aug. 7, 2020,...
David Paschall (8/11/20)David Paschall TRENTON, Neb. — David Paschall, 66, of Trenton, died Sunday (Aug. 9, 2020), at CHI Health Good Samaritan Hospital in Kearney, Neb. Private family graveside services will be at a later...
Hart birthday (8/7/20)90th birthday The family of Anna Mae Hart of McCook, Neb., is hosting an open house in honor of her 90th birthday on Sunday, Aug. 16, 2020. She was born in Emmons County in North Dakota. The open...
Bottrell birthday (8/7/20)80th birthday The family of Dorothy Bottrell of Beaver City, Neb., is requesting a card shower in celebration of her 80th birthday, on Friday, Aug.14, 2020. Her family includes her late husband,...
Ruf anniversary (8/7/20)60th anniverary The family of Ed and Ruth Ruf of Wilsonville, Neb., is requesting a card shower in honor of the couple’s 60th wedding anniversary on Friday, Aug. 14, 2020. They were married at...
Letter to the Editor: Attacking Alzheimer's (8/4/20)Dear Editor, Medicine and science are busy working on coronavirus, cancer an Alzheimers disease. Cognitive ability of the brain is a common worry when a person suffers a reduction in important mental...
Editorial: Now may be a good time to trade in your used car (8/4/20)The pandemic is affecting things in ways none of us could have imagined. In May, the Nebraska State Patrol put out a news release stating that 200 speeders had been ticketed for exceeding 100 mph...
Local Drivers NeededLocal truck drivers needed to haul distiller grains in SW NE & NW KS. Up to $1200 weekly for company drivers. Home nightly. Insurance reimbursement. 401k. Must have Class A CDL. Call 308-340-0503 for more info.
MotorcyclesFOR SALE: 2006 HD Heritage Soft Tail Loaded Black 14,000 miles. Call Dave 308-320-0799 Culbertson.
Furniture50" wide like new china cabinet w/glass shelves & 3 drawers. Reasonable. 308-345-1888.
For Rent2 bd/1.5 bath apt. w/deck, All appliances incl. Avail. Sept. 1st. 411 Pawnee Dr., McCook 402-705-9057.