Deadline near for Pandemic Electronic Benefits Transfer ProgramLINCOLN, Neb. -- The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Food and Nutrition Services (FNS) has announced that Nebraska has been approved to operate the Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer...
First COVID-19 case reported in Perkins CountyMcCOOK, Neb. -- Southwest Nebraska Public Health Department has been notified of the first confirmed case of COVID-19 in Perkins County. This case is a female in her fifties, and it is under...
Tri Valley Assisted Living Facility easing restrictionsCAMBRIDGE, Neb. -- The Tri Valley Health System has released the following information about Phase 3 restrictions at its Assisted Living Facility: The health and safety of our residents, patients,...
Four new COVID-19 cases in Southwest districtMcCOOK, Neb. -- Two older people and a female in her 30s in Keith County, and a man in his 20s in Frontier County have tested positive for COVID-19, according to the Southwest Nebraska Public Health...
- Governor unveils new COVID-19 information website
- Driver arrested after 155 mph chase
- COVID-19 testing Wednesday in McCook, other area sites soon (7/14/20)
- Cruise night, car show (7/14/20)
- Board approves salary hikes for superintendent, administrators (7/14/20)
- Tourism hopeful for next year; tax protest hearings continue (7/14/20)
- Superintendent: COVID-19 plans a work in progress (7/14/20)
- Veterans Outreach events Thursday, Friday (7/14/20)
- Extension offering garden classes via Zoom (7/13/20)
- Haigler cancels music festival (7/13/20)
2020 Crazy Days
- McCook FCB Juniors sweep Kearney, blast BullsMcCOOK, Neb. — Mowing on a weekend has never been more fun as First Central Bank Juniors motored through Kearney, Elwood and Eustis at the Jaycees Complex. Coach Kaden Sitzman’s team went from one win this season to five after playing all of its first several games on the road...
- McCook Football League sets 2020 game schedule (7/14/20)
- 'Real' race set to return with Old Settler's (7/14/20)
- Trio plays big roles in South's Shrine blowout (7/14/20)
- Ugh! MCC fall sports moving to January (7/14/20)
- McCook Bison 12-U team finishes 8-1 (7/14/20)
- Pinnacle Bank pounds through two more wins (7/14/20)
- Herrmann Jones rules two games at home (7/14/20)
Doris D. (Lawless) Cobb-Phillips (7/15/20)MESA, Ariz. – Word has been received of the death of Doris D. Lawless Cobb-Phillips, 79, formerly of Palisade and McCook. She died Thursday July 9, 2020 at Mission Palms Skilled Nursing Facility in...
Doris Lea Warta Hartwell (7/14/20)Doris Lea Warta Hartwell Oct. 13, 1925 - July 4, 2020 GLENDALE. Ariz. — Doris Lea Warta Hartwell passed away on July 4, 2020, in Glendale at the age of 94. Doris was born in Glasco, Kan., on Oct....
Shirley Y. (Richards) Hudson (7/14/20)Shirley Y. (Richards) Hudson Dec. 19, 1923 - June 17, 2020 McCOOK, Neb. — Shirley Y. (Richards) Hudson, formerly of McCook, NE, passed away Wednesday, June 17, 2020 at the Good Samaritan Society in...
Moore anniversary (7/14/20)40th anniversary Brendan and Kathi (Haag) Moore of North Platte, Neb., are celebrating their 40th anniversary on Sunday, July 19, 2020. They were married at St. Catherine’s Church in Indianola, Neb.,...
Sitzman anniversary (7/13/20)60th anniversary It is Lynn and Rose Sitzman's 60th wedding anniversary on Friday, July 17, 2020. Lets shower them with cards and make their day special. Send greetings to 1627 N. Columbia Seward,...
Crocker birthday (7/3/20)85th birthday The family of Norma Crocker of Kearney, Neb., formerly of McCook, Neb., is requesting a card shower in honor of her 85th birthday on Wednesday, July 15, 2020. She was born in McCook and...
Alma Isabel (Sheffer) Romine (7/14/20)Alma Isabel (Sheffer) Romine July 28, 1936 - April 17, 2020 PALISADE, Neb. — Alma Isabel (Sheffer) Romine, age 83, longtime resident of Palisade, NE passed away April 17, 2020 at Pleasant View Care...
Stacey L. Schmidt (7/10/20)
Jacelin “Jackie” Jean Wattles (7/10/20)LONGMONT, Colo. — Jacelin “Jackie” Wattles of Longmont, Colorado passed away on Saturday, June 27, 2020. Jackie was born on October 15, 1931 in Omaha, Neb. to Stewart Seldon and Ellen Eileen...
Letter to the Editor: This election year, take action beyond the factions (7/14/20)This election year, take action beyond the factions When it comes to the 2020 election, we’re nearing the end of the beginning. The window to request a November mail-in ballot opened this week. There...
Editorial: Number crunchers offer perspective on our community (7/9/20)The men and women who used slide rules and building-sized tube computers to send Apollo 11 to the moon 51 years ago this month would be in awe to see the digital power that everyone from preschoolers...
Local Drivers NeededLocal truck drivers needed to haul distiller grains in SW NE & NW KS. Up to $1200 weekly for company drivers. Home nightly. Must have Class A CDL. Call 308-340-0503 for more info.
Garage SalesPearson Addition 5 miles north of McCook Multiple Houses Fri. 6-8 Sat. 8-? kids & adult clothes, seasonal decor, kitchen items, toys, appliances, tools, construction supplies. Lot of misc.
Farms & Ranch FS40 acres along the river west of McCook. Hay meadow, heavy trees, beaver ponds, lots of wild life, power, county roads access. 970-209-6637
Help WantedThe City of Oberlin is now accepting applications for seasonal Street Department project. The position includes but not limited to demolition, concrete work, and maintaining and repairing streets. This requires physical labor, and operating street maintenance equipment. This is a seasonal position, with starting pay of $12.00 an hour, requiring the ability to lift up to 50 lbs repeatedly during the day outside. Must have a valid Driver's License, be insurable, and be at least 17 years old....