Mayor to work with city, chamber in aftermath of JCPenney’s noticeMcCOOK, Neb. — McCook Mayor Mike Gonzales told NTV News this weekend he plans to work with the Chamber of Commerce and explore options related to last week’s announced closing of the McCook...
Frontier County EMS receives local donationCURTIS, Neb. – Frontier County farmer Terry Welch directed her winnings of $2,500 from the “America’s Farmers Grow Communities” program, sponsored by the Monsanto Fund, to the Frontier County EMS....
- County commissioners discuss summer culvert, armor coating projects
- Hitchcock kindergarten roundup set for April 7
- Fire benefit
- Blue skies with plenty of rainbow
- ‘1 Man + 1 Woman = God’s Marriage’ (3/24/17)
- 'Happy Medium' sought for Barnett Park ponds (3/24/17)
- Buzzards are back (3/24/17)
- Family Fun Night (3/23/17)
- Board of governors OKs 3.25% MPEA raise (3/23/17)
- Organizer sees annual sale of barometer of ag economy (3/23/17)
- Rockin' the first race of year with Shamrock ShuffleOn the plus side, nearly 150 people had nearly perfect weather Saturday afternoon for the 2017 Shamrock Shuffle 5K/10K, sponsored by the McCook YMCA and the Knights of Columbus. There were grumblings…the last quarter of a mile and the finish line were uphill, which can seem even steeper after 3.1 or 6.2 miles...
- Bison athletes bring home several Sidney titles
- DC-S Tiger duo makes all-state teams
- McCook men take baseball series at Otero
- McCook baseball men take series at Otero
- Nobody's catching Chase girls in outdoor opener
- Spring cleaning: Bison sweep through two more foes (3/24/17)
- McCook has a smashing JV day (3/24/17)
Party-Perfect flavors to savor with friendsNo matter the occasion, a good host knows that great food is the key to any party. These crowd-pleasing snacks and desserts are the perfect treats to make your gathering just a little sweeter. Find more party-worthy recipes at Culinary.net. Whether you're gearing up for awards season or spending an evening catching up on your favorite TV drama, there are plenty of small screen events that provide the perfect backdrop for a watch party. ...
A blended take on family favoritesIt's not always easy to create meals that are both nutritious and satisfying. Managing intake of added sugar and saturated fat takes effort and planning, but transforming your favorite recipes into more nutritious family meals can be simpler than you imagined...
- Anniversary announcement
- Birth announcement
- Birthday announcement
- Blogger signup
- Death notice form
- Employment Application
- Engagement announcement
- Request ad file
- Submit a photo
- Submit a story or a story idea
- Submit your event for our Calendar of Events
- Wedding announcement
- Weekend Menu submission
- Whiskers, ETC. submission
Berniece Redden (3/24/17)Berniece Redden March 27, 1932 - March 22, 2017 MCCOOK, Neb. — Berniece Redden, age 84, passed away Wednesday, March 22, 2017, at Hillcrest Nursing Home in McCook. Berniece was born in Cheyenne...
Carl W. Campbell (3/24/17)Carl W. Campbell Jan. 26, 1925 - March 14, 2017 FREMONT, Neb. — Carl W. Campbell, 92 years, of Fremont, passed away Tuesday, March 14, 2017, at Pathfinder Place in Fremont. Carl was born on a farm...
Billye (McGooden) Johnson (3/24/17)Billye (McGooden) Johnson March 16, 1924 - March 20, 2017 BROKEN BOW, Neb. — Billye (McGooden) Johnson passed away on March 20, 2017, at Brookstone View in Broken Bow, Neb. She was 93. She was born...
Larry Dean Borland (3/24/17)Larry Dean Borland Nov. 21, 1942 - March 22, 2017 CAMBRIDGE, Neb. — Larry Dean Borland, age 74, of Cambridge, passed away at Community Hospital in McCook Neb, on March 22, 2017. He was born in...
Vernon Whetstone (3/23/17)Vernon Whetstone WESTMINSTER, Colo. — Vernon Whetstone, 69, formerly of Benkelman, Neb., and editor of the “Star Gazer” articles in many local newspapers, died Friday (March 17, 2017), at the Clear...
Frederick E. Wessel (3/23/17)Frederick E. Wessel Feb. 16, 1951 - March 21, 2017 SELDEN, Kan. — Frederick E. Wessel, 66, of Selden, died Tuesday (March 21, 2017), at his home. He was born Feb. 16, 1951, in Hoxie, Kan., to...
Editorial: While they’re at it, consider other health care options (3/27/17)With the GOP dropping its effort to repeal and replace Obamacare Friday, American healthcare has an uncertain future. Even before the Affordable Care Act was passed, some doctors ditched the...
Letter to the Editor: Sincere thanks (3/27/17)Dear Editor, To all of the firefighters from various departments throughout the area, law enforcement officers, roads crew personnel, dispatchers and numerous volunteers who aided in the effort to...
CraftsSpring Fever Craft Show, Sat. April 1st, 9-3pm, McCook Jr. High. Dinner served by Rowdy Rotte BBQ.
Help WantedAtwood Library seeking Library Director; for more information contact Carl Dalcher 785-322-5226 or email@example.com
AuctiongSat, April 15, 2017 9:30am Allen & Beth Braum Guns, Antiques, Collectibles, Household, Appliances, Furniture, Yard & Garden 4-H Building, Red Willow Fair Grounds, McCook, Ne Gazette 3/24/17
AuctiondMon, April 4, 2017 1pm Raile 28th Annual Production Charolais & Red Angus Sale 78 Yearling Bulls: 48 Charolais, 18 Red Angus, 12 Char/Red Hybrids; 12 Char/Red Hybrid heifers - www.railebeef.com St. Francis Auction Market, St. Francis, KS Big Nickel 3/24/17