Chamber welcomes Students of the MonthMcCOOK, Neb. — There were some new faces around the table at this month’s meeting of the McCook Chamber of Commerce board of directors. The chamber is inviting four McCook High School students, one...
In honor of Raleigh
Veterans invited to McCook Elementary Nov. 9McCOOK, Neb. — McCook Elementary is inviting veterans to join them on Friday, Nov. 9 when the school celebrates Veterans Day. Veterans Day is intended to thank and honor all those who have worn the...
Western Cattle Trail Association issues revised schedule of eventsMcCOOK, Neb. — Changes have been made to the schedule for the Western Cattle Trail Roundup this weekend. All events will now be free to the public. The Roundup will start with Tales of the Trail on...
- Third grader arrives at school in style
- Share the Heat fund-raiser Oct. 28
- Habitat for Humanity progress (10/17/18)
- Council gives OK to purchase new trash hauling semi tractor (10/17/18)
- Farm expo makes plea for parking (10/17/18)
- Cat Pack at 'Dog Day' (10/16/18)
- 'Family Style' exhibit set for museum (10/16/18)
- Enplanements show decline in September (10/16/18)
- Bridge replacements, paving road to hospital in county plans (10/16/18)
- City mulls underground cable permits, fees (10/16/18)
- It's time! Bison, Bearcat dudes ready to battleSCOTTSBLUFF, Neb. — The harsh reality can’t wait to hit McCook’s Bison when they reach Bearcat Stadium Friday night. A slobber-knocker linebacker named Sebastian Harsh who can also throw the deep pass. “His real strength is on defense. I’d say he’s the best outside linebacker we’ve had around here in 30 years,” Scotsbluff coach Joe Benson declared. “Just watch. He will hit people.”...
- Football teams set to finish playoff pursuits (10/18/18)
- MCC women reach 6-0 in league play (10/18/18)
- Party, Family Day offer fresh alternatives (10/18/18)
- Bison spikers play SWC on Friday (10/18/18)
- Bowling along at TJ's Fun (10/18/18)
- Vikings win late-night finals thriller over DC-S (10/17/18)
- MCC honors 'Teammates of Year' first scholarships (10/17/18)
Harold Marvel Brunswick (10/18/18)Harold Marvel Brunswick Oct. 11, 1926 - Oct. 16, 2018 BENKELMAN, Neb. — Harold Marvel Brunswick, son of Francis and Merle Brunswick, was born Oct. 11, 1926, at Benkelman. He passed from this life on...
Douglass Singer (10/16/18)Douglass Singer March 4, 1972 - Oct. 9, 2018 BENKELMAN, Neb. — Douglass David James Singer was born March 4, 1972, at Pontiac, Mich., to Robert P. and Kathleen M. (Garrity) Tuttle. As a young man he...
Royce F. Cook (10/16/18)Royce F. Cook Aug. 21, 1924 - Oct. 13, 2018 OBERLIN, Kan. — Royce F. Cook, 94, died Saturday (Oct. 13, 2018), in Beloit, Kan., at the Mitchell County Hospital Health System. He was born Aug. 21,...
Matthew James Schluckebier (10/16/18)Matthew James Schluckebier WICHITA, Kan. — Matthew James Schluckebier, infant son of Jacob and Nickia (Auker) Schluckebier of Burdett, Kan., died Saturday (Oct. 6, 2018), at Wesley Medical Center in...
James E. Powell (10/16/18)James E. Powell June 23, 1929 - April 19, 2018 BENKELMAN, Neb. — James Edward Powell was born on June 23, 1929, at St. Francis, Kan., to Roy and Pauline (Dunham) Powell. Later his family moved to...
Florence E. Phillips (10/15/18)
Letter to the Editor: From Wales to Boston to Utah (10/18/18)Dear Editor, Paul Revere’s famous ride on April 18, 1775, is described by the poet Henry Wadsworth Longfellow. The City of Boston honors this historic event. Boston is a city that extends for 26...
Editorial: Like Nebraska, new tourism slogan 'not for everyone' (10/18/18)Before you’re too critical of Nebraska’s new, $450,000 tourism slogan, consider the alternatives we’ve tried in the past: There was “Nebraska Nice,” “Send a Postcard from Nebraska,” Come See What...
Cars2011 One owner Suburban LTZ, 96671 miles, 4x4, Pearl White, Buckets F+R, Seat heat F+R, 3rd seat. Retract running boards, sun roof, DVD, tan interior, full of options. $27,500 call 350-0363
Help WantedHelp Wanted for: Feed Lot & cow/calf operation. House included. References required. Salary based on experience. Call 308-882-1734 and leave a message.
Help WantedNow hiring servers. Fun family restaurant. Call Greg at 308-345-1611
Help WantedPristine Clean Commercial Cleaning of McCook is currently taking applications for part time cleaning specialist. For an application, please email us at: email@example.com, 402-768-1148
- Pressure turns to Mexico as migrant caravan heads for border
- Judges consider state court's power over Trump in lawsuit
- What's next for Paul Allen's big investments? It's not clear
- Trump concedes Khashoggi likely dead, threatens consequences
- Federal prosecutors open clergy abuse probe in Pennsylvania