Park Avenue project planned (11/9/18)McCOOK, Neb. — A major street renovation of Park Avenue is slated this summer, at the estimated cost of $440,000. Plans and specifications of the project were approved unanimously by the McCook City...
EDC, pool OK'd (11/9/18)CAMBRIDGE, Neb. — At the polls Tuesday, Cambridge voters OK’d two propositions dealing with economic development and one special bond election to pay for swimming pool improvements. A fourth issue, a...
I pledge allegiance (11/9/18)Third graders lead the crowd in the Pledge of Allegiance at Veterans Day ceremonies at McCook Elementary this morning. The stage was filled with veterans of every branch of the service, who each gave...
Donations on school agenda (11/9/18)McCOOK, Neb. — The McCook Board of Education will be asked to acknowledge two monetary donations to the school district and approve two district policies, at its regular meeting Monday, Nov. 12,...
- Luck of the draw, roll of the dice to determine Hamlet winner (11/9/18)
- EDC, pook OK'd in Cambridge (11/9/18)
- 'High School Musical' — art imitating life? (11/9/18)
- Enplanements up nearly 11 percent for October (11/9/18)
- 'Christmas Child' shoeboxes will be accepted next week (11/8/18)
- Christmas Toy Box collections begin Friday (11/8/18)
- No shortage of candidates for Frontier County posts (11/8/18)
- Main Street Clothing open for business (11/8/18)
- Welcoming a favorite son (11/8/18)
- Snow at sunrise (11/8/18)
- Future Husker leads state win over TrojansLINCOLN, Neb. — Cambridge Trojans made quite an impact on Class D-1 state tournament viewers even though powerhouse Johnson-Brock prevailed Thursday night. “Wow! What a hit! She can really hit,” an announcer proclaimed about Trojan junior Korynn “KO-KO” Clason...
- Top state tourney performers for Trojans, Eagles (11/9/18)
- MCC men take first defeat of season (11/9/18)
- Bison foes battle in Class B semis (11/9/18)
- Cambridge girls dancing into state 'big show' (11/8/18)
- Best of men's bowling in McCook (11/8/18)
- Bison bowlers beat host Lex, place second (11/8/18)
- A chilly playoff Knight for DC-S Tigers (11/7/18)
Nancy A. Ott (11/12/18)Nancy A. Ott McCOOK, Neb — Nancy A. Ott, 66, of McCook, died Sunday (Nov. 11, 2018), in McCook. Funeral services are pending with Carpenter-Breland Funeral Home of McCook.
Ramona “Linda” Stastny (11/9/18)Ramona “Linda” Stastny Sept. 6, 1930 - Nov. 6, 2018 LINCOLN, Neb. — Ramona “Linda” Stastny, 88, of Lincoln, passed away peacefully on Tuesday, Nov. 6, 2018. She is survived by one daughter, Seri, of...
Beverly Jean (Polly) Graves (11/8/18)
Leila Fries (11/7/18)
Kevin J. Carstensen (11/6/18)Kevin J. Carstensen March 16, 1987 - Nov. 4, 2018 COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa — Kevin J. Carstensen, age 31, of Council Bluffs, died on Nov. 4, 2018. He was born in North Platte, Neb., on March 16, 1987. ...
Sheila Rae Moore (11/6/18)Sheila Rae Moore Nov. 20, 1949 - Nov. 3, 2018 ARAPAHOE, Neb. — Sheila Rae Moore, 68, of Arapahoe, died Saturday (Nov. 3, 2018), at CHI Good Samaritan Hospital in Kearney, Neb. She was born Nov. 20,...
Editorial: Let's not forget original reason for Veterans Day (11/8/18)A number of schools plan special Veterans Day ceremonies Friday honoring those who have served in the military, in anticipation of Sunday’s official Nov. 11 observance. There’s no shortage of war...
Letter to the Editor: U.S. needs to be selective on immigration (11/7/18)I would like to respond to your full page political letter. Since I’m not as prosperous, I will use the Open Forum. I, too, am in favor of immigration, but it must have some degree of order. I’m here...
Local Drivers NeededLocal drivers needed to haul wet distillers in SW NE and NW KS. Home Nightly. 5 day work week. Must have Class A CDL. Weekly settlements. Call 308-340-0503.
Help WantedCommunity Action Head Start has an opening for a Teacher's Aide. Join the Community Action team and make a difference in the lives of children and families! For more detailed information, or an application, visit www.communityactionmidne.com and click on the Careers link at the top of the homepage. Application deadline 11/20/18. EOE/AA.
AuctioneWed., Dec. 5th, 2018 10:00 AM Vera Hansen Trust Community Building, Cambridge, NE Absolute Land Auction. Tract consists of 146.36 Acres- Part S1/2 NE1/4 & Part E1/2 SE1/4 35-7-26 Frontier County NE Heartland Partners Realty & Auctioneers See Big Nickel: 11/09/2018
AuctiondWed., Nov. 28th, 2018 4:00 P.M. David R. Sich - Owner 41769 Hwy 6&34, Holbrook, NE Absolute Residential Property with Hwy 6&34 frontage. 1,208 sq. ft. house on .74 acre. Part of the SW 1/4, SE1/4, South of Deer Creek in section 15-T4N-R24w of the 6th P.M. Furnas County NE Heartland Partners Realty & Auctioneers See Big Nickel:11/09/2018