Woman, son safe after smoke-filled home evacuated Sunday morningMcCOOK, Neb. — A house fire in McCook early Sunday morning is blamed on an extension cord short that ignited nearby combustibles. City of McCook Fire Chief Marc Harpham said this morning that...
Closing of Barnett's Do-It-Center marks end of 136-year traditionMcCOOK, Neb. — Kristi Korf Clapp remembers that her father, as a businessman, “always projected ahead,” thinking of McCook and its future. Kristi hopes that someone who also possesses a...
MCC hosts veterans for MIA-POW Day event (9/21/18)"You are not forgotten was the theme when McCook Community College and the student Veteran's group "Stars and Stripes" hosted Veterans and their families at a POW-MIA Day ceremony Friday on campus....
Honoring POWs (9/21/18)
- State Patrol safely destroys grenade, World War II-era rocket (9/21/18)
- New playground equipment at St. Pat's (9/21/18)
- Flu shot clinics slated (9/21/18)
- MHS wins $30K EdQuest grant (9/21/18)
- Text-to-911 system starts Monday, limited to Red Willow County (9/21/18)
- Friends continue to plan benefit as tribute to late Kenny Johnson (9/20/18)
- Participants named for Lead 38 (9/20/18)
- McCook judges rate high in evaluation by attorneys (9/20/18)
- Meet and greet set Monday for new MCC VP (9/20/18)
- Numbers up for Heritage Days (9/20/18)
- Bison blow out candles on Lex, 48-6McCOOK, Neb. — Senior lineman Nick Baker was smiling like someone said “birthday cake” as classmate Seth Dugger described how he couldn’t possibly fall on his all-time favorite gift Friday night. “I know we had trouble picking up a fumble against York,” Dugger recalled about that fantastic Bison win over the Class B reigning state champs two weeks earlier. “But coaches told me tonight if I got a fumble, I had to pick it up and run. No falling on it tonight.”...
- Best of the Bison vs. Lexington (9/24/18)
- Bison spikers play great, sweep Dusters and Bluejays (9/24/18)
- Warriors snag 36-34 win late from Trojans (9/24/18)
- Raiders rumble through Maxwell, 52-16 (9/24/18)
- 'Riders deliver 34-14 road win over Falcons (9/24/18)
- Bison battle Class A Burke on diamond (9/24/18)
- Indians finish Scottsbluff tourney in style (9/24/18)
Alma “Mae” Short (9/24/18)Alma “Mae” Short May 23, 1923 - Sept. 24, 2018 McCOOK, Neb. — Alma “Mae” Short of McCook, 95, died today (Sept. 24, 2018), at Hillcrest Nursing Home. Services are pending with Herrmann-Jones Funeral...
James Page Phinney (9/24/18)James Page Phinney McCOOK, Neb. — James Page Phinney, 77, of McCook, died Saturday (Sept. 22, 2018), in Lincoln, Neb., after a short battle with cancer. A book signing with family present to greet...
Kenneth “Kenny” Johnson (9/21/18)
Faith Elizabeth Wilson (9/21/18)Faith Elizabeth Wilson OBERLIN, Kan. — Faith Elizabeth Wilson, infant, died Sunday (Sept. 16, 2018), at Good Samaritan Hospital in Kearney, Neb. She was born Sept 16, 2018, in Kearney to Chris and...
LaDonna J. Larreau (9/21/18)LaDonna J. Larreau March 13, 1937 - Sept. 20, 2018 McCOOK, Neb. — LaDonna J. Larreau of McCook, age 81, passed away Thursday, Sept. 20, 2018, at Hillcrest Nursing Home. LaDonna was born at Cambridge,...
Debra Dee Cemer-Zajicek (9/21/18)Debra Dee Cemer-Zajicek Oct. 12, 1955 - Sept. 20, 2018 LINCOLN, Neb. — Debra Dee Cemer-Zajicek, age 62, entered eternal rest on Sept. 20, 2018, at Lincoln. Debra was born on Oct. 12, 1955, in...
Editorial: Heritage Days week off to a good start (9/24/18)It wasn’t originally planned that way, but Sunday night’s Christian concert, postponed by snow last winter, turned into a great kickoff for this year’s Heritage Days week. Sidewalk Prophets, with...
Editorial: The backbone of the community (9/20/18)Retailers are the backbone of any community. Most people got their first jobs at a retail establishment, whether that was within the food industry or some other retail outlet. Retailers are the...
Hay & Grazing
Cane hay for saleCane hay for sale. 900 net-wrapped round bales. Delivery available. Call 308-340-0669
Men's Cannodale Bad Boy 4 2015 Jet Blk BikeMy son passed away. His bicycle is like new. Includes wall rack, travel pack for the back. Please come see for yourself. $500 or best offer.
Farm MachineryFor Sale: Brand New, 4 wheel drive, New Holland Tractor. Call Edwards Machine Shop to see. 308-345-6729
Help WantedCity of McCook Sewer Department is accepting applications for Wastewater Treatment Facility Operator I/Trainee. Duties include: assisting in operation and maintenance of equipment used in treatment of municipal sewage and inspecting, cleaning, and repair of sewer mains; walking 5 to 8 hours per day for approx. 1 to 2 days each month to read water meters, at times, during inclement weather conditions. 40 hour work week; some on-call hours; some weekends. Will need to pass a pre-employment drug...
- Trump leads aggressive, all-out GOP drive to save Kavanaugh
- Dallas police officer who shot neighbor fired by department
- Judge restores protections for grizzly bears, blocking hunts
- Rosenstein still has his job _ at least till Trump showdown
- Kavanaugh says he won't let 'false accusations' push him out