Free compost, wood chips available at transfer stationMcCOOK, Neb. — The McCook transfer station has a small amount of good clean compost available for pickup and expects to have more available in the next couple months. Wood chips are also available...
Nebraska PrideThe Nebraska Pride Chorus of Sweet Adelines. under the direction of Evie Caldwell, McCook and Connie Witt, Kearney, received fifth place out of 16 choruses, with 33 members on stage at the regional...
- McCook Civil Service Commission meets Saturday (6/23/17)
- AmFirst to become Pinnacle July 1 (6/23/17)
- Nebraska ACLU Transgender Voices Tour here Tuesday (6/23/17)
- Facial hair adds authenticity to prairie hunter exhibit at High Plains Museum (6/23/17)
- NCORPE seeks wind, solar proposals (6/23/17)
- $9 million ag chemical facility under construction (6/23/17)2
- Prairie Land Foods program ending here (6/23/17)
- Hughes vows to push for tax balance (6/22/17)2
- Cooling off during a record high (6/22/17)
- How hot was it? (6/22/17)
- Grasshoppers escape close shave with ClippersThe Roberts Farms Grasshoppers took Thursday’s Minors Division tournament game in dramatic fashion, with a 6-5 walk-off victory over the High Plains Podiatry Clippers. The game was tied 5-5 in the bottom of the sixth when Evan Merrihew rapped a single into left field that allowed Gabe Roberts to cross home plate for the winning run...
- Ex-Bison excels in classroom (6/23/17)
- Herrmann-Jones advances to second round, Cats end season (6/23/17)
- AmFirst defeats Holdrege, heads into tournament as top seed (6/23/17)
- Michelle's Tri honors triathlete's life, promotes personal enrichment (6/22/17)
- Heritage Hills ladies and men's golf (6/22/17)
- O'Brien Electric Royals avoid upset jolt (6/22/17)
- MNB is 'money' in sweep of Lex (6/22/17)
Fire up the Fourth with Tasty Backyard RecipesFireworks, family and food are what the Fourth of July is all about. This year, add some spark to backyard staples like grilled chicken and potato salad with a little help from tangy condiments, smoky rubs and your cast-iron skillet. For a main dish that’s sure to be a crowd pleaser, smother grilled chicken with a white barbecue sauce – the South’s tangy little secret. It’s made with simple pantry ingredients like mayonnaise, cider vinegar and mustard...
Cool Down with patriotic frozen popsThe perfect treat to celebrate and escape the heat this summer FAMILY FEATURES — With backyard barbecues, pool parties and patriotic celebrations in full swing leading up to the Fourth of July, kids are constantly on the go with summertime activities. For long summer days in the sun, a cool treat is the perfect way to help keep kids energized for all of their summertime activities...
- Anniversary announcement
- Birth announcement
- Birthday announcement
- Blogger signup
- Death notice form
- Employment Application
- Engagement announcement
- Request ad file
- Submit a photo
- Submit a story or a story idea
- Submit your event for our Calendar of Events
- Wedding announcement
- Weekend Menu submission
- Whiskers, ETC. submission
Michael Frederick Stark (6/23/17)Michael Frederick Stark Nov. 20, 1954 - June 18, 2017 OMAHA, Neb. — Michael Frederick Stark, 62, of North Platte, Neb., died Sunday (June 18, 2017), at the Nebraska Medical Center in Omaha. He was...
Peyton Grant Fife (6/22/17)Peyton Grant Fife Feb. 22, 2007 - June 20, 2017 OBERLIN, Kan. —Peyton Grant Fife, 10, died Tuesday, June 20, 2017, in McCook. He was born Feb. 22, 2007, in McCook to Josh Sutherland and Chantelle...
Billy Rex Loop (6/21/17)
Dean F. Dack (6/21/17)
Robert “Bob” Nemeth (6/20/17)Robert “Bob” Nemeth Sept. 2, 1921 - June 18, 2017 ATWOOD, Kan. — Robert “Bob” Nemeth, 95, died Sunday, June 18, 2017, in Atwood. Bob was born Sept. 2, 1921, to Kolman and Elizabeth Grill Nemeth...
Naomi Gertrude Osborn (6/20/17)Naomi Gertrude Osborn Feb. 24, 1929 – June 13, 2017 The Most Wonderful Wife, Mom, Grandma and Great-Grandma Ever BENKELMAN, Neb. —Naomi ("Omie") Gertrude Osborn, age 88, of Benkelman, passed away...
Editorial: Be a good neighbor as you celebrate Independence Day (6/22/17)Americans traditionally celebrate their independence from England with Fourth of July fireworks, but we’ve also struggled with balancing that tradition with public safety and other considerations. A...
Letter to the Editor: A few reasons there's no free lunch (6/21/17)I recently read Mr. Hendricks’ opinion regarding the increased prices of lunch. “No Such Thing as a Free Lunch” from June 16th to 19th edition. I respect his opinion and it got me to thinking. Below...
Experienced Local/OTR Company DriversLooking for company drivers with good record, and minimum 2 years CDL experience. We pull livestock, tanker, flatbed and hopper trailers. For inquiry call Bruce Hagan Transport, Culbertson, NE (308)278-3141 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Help WantedThe Nebraska Department of Roads is currently accepting applications for a Highway Maintenance Worker in McCook AND Arapahoe. For a full job description and to apply, visit www.statejobs.nebraska.gov. State applications are required and must be received by June 22nd . The Nebraska Department of Roads is an Equal Opportunity/Veterans Preference Employer.
For Rent4 Bdrm farm house, 5 miles Southeast of Palisade. $500/plus deposit, plus utilities. 308-285-3447
Help WantedSureFire Ag Systems is searching for a full time Web Programmer and Electrical Engineer. SureFire Ag specializes in providing solutions for the control and application of fertilizer, seed and chemical. We believe in looking beyond convention to be an innovative leader in a dynamic industry. For full job descriptions see www.surefireag.com/join-our-team or contact Cathy Domsch at 785-626-3670 or email@example.com.