Council OKs ACE funds for downtown project on 4-1 vote (6/22/21)McCOOK, Neb. — The McCook City Council voted to use $10,000 of ACE funds toward a new outdoor gathering place, although the mayor voted against it. Mayor Mike Gonzales was the lone vote against using...
Langdon to be sentenced for felony manslaughter (6/22/21)McCOOK, Neb. — An 80-year-old McCook woman who admitted to shooting her husband to death after what she said was 30 years of abuse will be sentenced for first degree manslaughter. Lavetta Langdon...
Sasse statement on Quinn trial draws criticism from attorneys (6/22/21)BEAVER CITY, Neb. — Sen. Ben Sasse’s decision to issue statements on the case has the potential to taint the trial of an Oxford man currently underway on charges of child sex trafficking, according...
Commissioners award gravel bids (6/22/21)McCOOK, Neb. — Red Willow County commissioners completed one of the major annual pieces of business by awarding bids to supply gravel for the county’s dirt roads. Meeting Monday, the board persuaded...
- Troopers make arrest after multiple incidents near Kearney (6/22/21)
- 'Jake brakes' back on City Council's radar (6/22/21)
- County to consider value protest settlement, pauper burial (6/18/21)
- Relative remembered (6/18/21)
- Council to consider citizen concerns, set date for pool community meeting (6/18/21)1
- HVAC at junior high moves forward (6/17/21)
- McCook Public Schools awarded more federal funding (6/17/21)
- Board approves transferring funds (6/17/21)
- Commissioners vacate right-of-way (6/15/21)
- Free concert moved to Fox (6/15/21)
- MPCC rodeo finishes with four in nation's Top 10CASPER, Wyo. — Four Mid-Plains Community College cowboys are ranked in the top 10 in the nation following the conclusion of the College National Finals Rodeo Saturday. “I was extremely proud of these kids this week,” said Aukai Kaai, MPCC Rodeo Team roughstock coach. “It seemed like we just had to battle tough draws all week long, and they were able to make the best of them. They gave it their all, and I couldn’t be more proud of them.”...
- MNB Seniors cross the line to capture two big wins (6/22/21)
- YMCA Adult Softball season hits home stretch (6/22/21)
- Which league ruled New West at Minden? (6/22/21)
- Hermann Jones hammers Lex to reach sweet 16 wins (6/22/21)
- Dodgers drive Pirates out of Majors title chase (6/22/21)
- McCook FCB Juniors win big at Ogallala (6/22/21)
- MCC bringing more home touch to team with golfer (6/18/21)
Russell Wayne Moorhous (6/22/21)Russell Wayne Moorhous June 14, 1947 - June 19, 2021 NORTH PLATTE, Neb. — Russell Wayne Moorhous, 74, of Ogallala, Neb., formally of North Platte, passed away June 19, 2021, at Great Plains Health in...
Freddie B. Loudenslager (6/22/21)Freddie B. Loudenslager March 2, 1940 - June 17, 2021 INDIANOLA, Iowa — Freddie B. Loudenslager Sr., 81, of Indianola, died Thursday (June 17, 2021), at Cambridge Memorial Hospital in Cambridge, Neb....
Kim Wiemers (6/22/21)Kim Wiemers McCOOK, Neb. — Kim Wiemers, 67, of McCook, died Monday (June 21, 2021), at his home near McCook. Services are pending at this time. A full obituary will run when...
Brockway birthday (6/18/21)
Michaelis anniversary (6/18/21)50th anniversary The family of Jerry and Barb Michaelis of McCook, Neb., is requesting a card shower in honor of the couple’s 50th wedding anniversary on Saturday, June 19, 2021. They were married at...
Stevens birthday (6/15/21)90th birthday The family of Jack Stevens of McCook is requesting a card shower in honor of his 90th birthday on Monday, June 21, 2021. His family includes children, Laura (Erik) Olson of McCook, Paul...
Sandy Rose (Giles) McClintic (6/22/21)Sandy Rose (Giles) McClintic Oct. 27, 1954 - June 20, 2021 HOLBROOK, Neb. — Sandy Rose (Giles) McClintic, age 66, passed away at her home in Holbrook with her family by her side early Sunday, June...
Glora Clark (6/22/21)Glora Clark Oct. 14, 1930 - June 19, 2021 McCOOK, Neb. — Glora Clark, age 90, passed away at her home in McCook on Saturday, June 19, 2021. She was born in Hayes Center, Neb., on Oct. 14, 1930, to...
William “Bill” Lytle (6/18/21)William “Bill” Lytle Aug. 5, 1950 - June 16, 2021 McCOOK, Neb. — William “Bill” Lytle, age 70, of McCook, passed away at Community Hospital of McCook on June 16, 2021. Bill was born at St....
Letter to the Editor: Observations from the June 4, State Board of Education meeting (6/17/21)“One Nation Under God, Indivisible, With Liberty and Justice for All.” The Pledge of Allegiance of the Unites States of America. I have been thinking and saying, “There is much more that unites us...
Letter to the Editor: On-the-job training (6/11/21)1On-the-job training When I was five years old my parents offered me a job. They proposed that they would pay me one cent for every ten nails I could pick up on the entire farmstead. Since I didn’t...
Help WantedJOB OPENING: Applications are being accepted by the Village of Haigler, Nebraska for a full-time Village Superintendent. We are looking for someone who is self-motivated, must be 19 years of age, able to obtain a Water Operators license, obtain a pesticide license, knowledge of running and maintaining all sizes of equipment, be able to work well with the community and board members, as well as other qualifications. To get more information of a full job description and application, please call...
Miscellaneous for SaleTanned Bison Hide One complete piece in outstanding condition. Only used in a display at George W. Norris Home. $950. Contact Darrell at 808-779-8348
Miscellaneous for Sale4 Wheel Horse Carriage. 1960 930 case tractor. Call 817-229-5866
Miscellaneous for SaleThe Bargain Center at 107 N. Main in Palisade has Antiques, Collectibles, and Used Furniture. 308-882-0343.