Five bridge or culvert projects win state funding (1/17/20)LINCOLN, Neb. -- One bridge in southern Hitchcock County and four culvert pipes in Furnas County were selected for removal and replacement under the fourth round of the County Bridge Match Program...
Chase County teacher wins statewide Ag in the Classroom honor (1/17/20)LINCOLN, Neb. – The Nebraska Farm Bureau Foundation has selected Arlys Cupp for the 2020 Nebraska Agriculture in the Classroom Teacher of the Year honor. The Teacher of the Year is awarded to...
Prizes for Pokes -- Cordials donate toys to help comfort kids in pain (1/17/20)McCOOK, Neb. -- The McCook Cordials understand sometimes it’s the little things that make a big difference. Members gathered for their annual Christmas party and brought small toys, crayons/markers,...
Condo plans await green light from city (1/17/20)McCOOK, Neb. — A local couple wants to build condominium-like duplexes in McCook but first needs a green light from the McCook City Council before they can start. The McCook City Council will be...
- TeamMates to be honored Friday (1/16/20)
- Ricketts hears nursing home, health care concerns (1/16/20)
- 'Come to the Table' (1/15/20)
- Hughes offers ideas for Ricketts (1/15/20)
- Safety device, mentoring, e-sports, volunteers among positive comments (1/15/20)
- Defendants sent to jail on drug charges (1/15/20)
- Classes begin at MCC; key spring semester dates (1/14/20)
- Retirement, resignation, rehiring approved (1/14/20)
- Is WEC cure for prison crunch? (1/14/20)
- $4K check for medals raises questions at school board meeting (1/14/20)
- McCook wrestlers earn two tournament titles (1/17/20)
- Hayes Center pair going into football Hall (1/17/20)
- McCook girls, boys move on to Minden Saturday (1/17/20)
- DC-S Tigers overpower Raiders (1/17/20)
- Longhorn teams both beat Perkins County (1/17/20)
- Bison frosh become road warriors at Ogallala (1/17/20)
- Bison divers not traveling to Lincoln today (1/17/20)
Hadley Brian Spencer (1/16/20)Hadley Brian Spencer June 27, 1993 - Dec. 26, 2019 MAYWOOD, Neb. — Hadley Brian Spencer, age 26, of Maywood, passed away on Dec. 26, 2019, at Great Plains Health in North Platte, Neb. Hadley was born...
Deborah E. Wortman (1/15/20)Deborah E. Wortman June 5, 1953 - Jan. 13, 2020 KINGMAN, Kan. — Deborah E. Wortman, 66, died Jan. 13, 2020, in Wichita, Kan. She was born June 5, 1953, at Norton, Kan., the daughter of Herman and...
Jerry Owens (1/14/20)
Jenkins birth (1/17/20)Jayson Douglas Jenkins Austin Jenkins and Brandy Lewandowski of McCook announce the birth of their son, Jayson Douglas Jenkins, who was born Nov. 20, 2019, in McCook. He weighed 6 pounds, 11 ounces...
Siegfried birth (1/17/20)George Fulton Siegfried Cody and Shelby Siegfried of McCook announce the birth of their son, George Fulton Siegfried, who was born Nov. 8, 2019, at Hastings Neb. He weighed 8 pounds, 12 ounces and...
Kolbet anniversary (1/17/20)50th anniversary The family of Leon and Beverly Kolbet of McCook, Neb., is requesting a card shower in honor of the couple’s 50th wedding anniversary on Friday, Jan. 31, 2020. They were married at...
Editorial: Even a mismatched vaccine is better than no shot at all (1/17/20)If you’ve ever had the flu -- the real flu, influenza -- you know what we’re talking about. “It feels like you got hit by a truck -- a Mac truck,” is how one victim described it. Whatever the brand,...
Letter to the Editor: Olives, a skull, water and mountains (1/16/20)Dear Editor, My tour of Israel 24 years ago left a lasting impression on me. Important symbols can be found in the New Testament. Olives are produced there in modern times in large quantities. The...
Help WantedFull Time Position available on a dry land & irrigated farm in the Hayes Center-Maywood area. No livestock. Must have experience with late model John Deere equipment, GPS, operating sprayer. 308-362-9223.
PetsReady now. Malti-poos white, black, parties, dapplies. Home raised, outstanding quality, excellent references. Call or text at 785-332-8204
For RentLarge one bedroom apartment, good location. (308)345-6632
Help WantedApplications are being accepted for the position of Red Willow County Veterans Service Officer. Benefits include, retirement plan, health insurance, paid vacation(s). Applicant required to be technology proficient and a desire to help veterans. Send resume to: Red Willow County Clerk 502 Norris Avenue McCook, NE 69001. Applications deadline, January 27, 2020.