'Back to Our Roots' theme for German Heritage Days ParadeMcCOOK, Neb. — The McCook Area Chamber of Commerce proudly presents the Heritage Days Parade on Saturday Sept. 28th, starting at 10 AM. This year’s theme is German Heritage Days …”Back to our roots”...
3rd District Young Entrepreneur Award presentedU.S. Rep. Adrian Smith, left, presents one of the first 3rd District Young Entrepreneur Awards to Cody Dame of McCook. Dame was founder of Game On stores in North Platte, Kearney and Grand Island as...
New veterinarian 'couldn't help' but follow in dad's footstepsCONNIE JO DISCOE Regional Editor McCOOK, Neb. — Brianna Watkins Teel's path to veterinary medicine may not have been traditional, but she feels now she's where she was always meant to be. Dr. Teel...
Appreciation dinner (8/22/19)An appreciation dinner Sunday prepared by Hillcrest Foundation coordinator Norma Barnett was presented to Hillcrest staff and others who spent three days preparing the main living room for...
- Maywood, Chase schools get grants to replace buses (8/22/19)
- 'New Female Artist of the Year' Ashley McBryde to perform at Concert for Healthcare (8/22/19)
- Prairie Roots Festival returns to Barnett Park Saturday (8/22/19)
- City sets revenue at $8.7 million (8/22/19)
- New resource officer assigned to MPS (8/22/19)
- Indianola POW camp nominated for National Register of Historic places (8/21/19)
- City OKs half-million dollars for water repairs related to westside growth (8/21/19)
- Contractor interested in old public safety center (8/21/19)
- Chamber request for funding still under consideration (8/21/19)
- Items removed, retained in city budget (8/20/19)
- Trojan fires low score, Bison hit the linksCAMBRIDGE, Neb. — Cambridge’s Maria Jauken rolled to a 40 while leading the field in Thursday’s season-opening competition at Cross Creek Golf Course. The Trojans, McCook, Southwest, Lexington and Dundy County-Stratton all played nine holes as potential afternoon rains stayed away...
- Indians take apart Garden in strong debut (8/23/19)
- Class B No. 3 Bison light up Thursday night (8/23/19)
- Broncos win home v-ball Jamboree (8/23/19)
- Bison football 'Sports Drink' scrimmage tonight (8/22/19)
- Heritage men's playoffs rolling into last week (8/22/19)
- Saints start diamond season on Friday (8/22/19)
- Can MCC women top 20 wins this season? (8/21/19)
Cullen Ludemann (8/23/19)Cullen Ludemann April 12, 1962 - Aug. 19 2019 OXFORD, Neb. —Cullen Ludemann, 57, of Oxford, died Monday (Aug. 19, 2019), at the Beaver City Manor in Beaver City, Neb. He was born on April 12, 1962,...
Paul Fritsche (8/22/19)
Lelia Ann Benton (8/22/19)Lelia Ann Benton Oct. 14, 1931 - Aug. 20, 2019 OBERLIN, Kan. — Lelia Ann Benton, 87, died Tuesday (Aug. 20, 2019) at Decatur Health Systems in Oberlin. She was born Oct. 14, 1931, in Jennings, Kan.,...
Randy Bales (8/22/19)Randy Bales Dec. 31, 1956 - Aug. 22, 2019 McCOOK, Neb. — Randy Bales of McCook, 62, died today (Aug. 22, 2019), at Community Hospital in McCook. Services are pending with Herrmann Jones Funeral...
Ivan John Hunt (8/22/19)Ivan John Hunt March 24, 1924 - Aug. 21, 2019 LINCOLN, Neb. — Ivan John Hunt, 95, of Lincoln, formerly of McCook, Neb., died Wednesday (Aug. 21, 2019), at Pemberly Place Assisted Living in Lincoln....
Victoria E. Lampman (8/22/19)Victoria E. Lampman Feb. 27, 1959 - Aug. 20, 2019 McCOOK, Neb. — Victoria E. Lampman, age 60, of McCook, passed away at Hillcrest Nursing Home of McCook on Tuesday, Aug. 20, 2019. She was born in...
Editorial: McCook drivers in the spotlight, in more ways than one (8/22/19)A survey that showed Omaha drivers as the worst in the country — and McCook drivers as among the fifth best in the state, drew some interesting local comments on a Facebook post: -- As soon as...
Editorial: Little Nashville? Not quite, but we do enjoy our music (8/21/19)For a few lucky people who made the effort, it was three concerts in three days last week. First, there was MNB’s final Hot Summer Nights concert of the year Thursday with the Big Time Grain Company,...
AuctionSale date: Sat. Sept. 7 Time: 10:00 am Person having sale: Brad & Courtney Williams Location: 2 miles S of McCook, NE to Dr 713, go 5 1/2 miles east. Main items for sale: Vehicles, Chevy parts, Guns, Sporting Goods, Building & Construction Materials, Shop, Farm Items, Collectibles, Miscellaneous Auctioneer Co: Youngs Auction Service See Gazette: 8/23/19
AuctionSale date: Sun. Sept. 1, 2 Time: 11:00 & 8:00 am MT Person having sale: Labor Day Auction Location: Chase County Fairgrounds, Imperial, NE Main items for sale: Vehicles, Trailers, 4 Wheelers, Mowers, Farm Equipment, Firearms, Gun Safes, Hunting, Antiques, Collectibles, Tools, Shop, Household, Building, Saddles & Tack Miscellaneous Auctioneer Co: Fanning Auction Service See Gazette: 8/23/19
Help WantedPart-time seasonal positions available at American Agricultural Lab. Early AM, fast pace work. Drug test required. Send resume to email@example.com, or drop off at 700 West D Street, McCook.
Garage Sales809 East 5th Fri. 2-7 Sat. 7-12 Hand tools, yard tools, Antiques, house ware and dishes, toys, fishing rods & tackle, books, fabric.