Pinwheel campaign throws spotlight on April Child Abuse Prevention Month (4/19/18)McCOOK, Neb. — A young child running into the breeze with a pinwheel … a child blowing on a pinwheel … a child poking a pinwheel into the sandbox. These are images of a happy, carefree child. “Every...
Hughes: No incentive for urban senators to press for property tax relief (4/19/18)McCOOK, Neb. — State Sen. Dan Hughes said Gov. Ricketts was disappointed that the Legislature could not come up with property tax or tax relief before the session ended Wednesday. Hughes said he is...
Missoula Children's Theatre 'Treasure Island' on stage Saturday (4/19/18)McCOOK, Neb. — Follow young Jim Hawkins and his friends as they sail a dangerous sea of adventure with Long John Silver and his pirate band at the helm this Saturday when the Missoula Children's'...
EAS funding not up in the air — yet (4/19/18)McCOOK, Neb. — In the future, if funding runs out, communities may have to come up with a small match to keep their airline service. That’s one of the scenarios that came up at a recent meeting in...
- A slice of appreciation (4/18/18)
- Sweet peas (4/18/18)
- Work set to begin on US 83, BNSF viaduct soon (4/18/18)
- Volunteers give children voice in legal system (4/18/18)
- Water reports now routine, thanks to treatment plant (4/18/18)
- Variety of charges heard in Red Willow County District Court (4/17/18)
- Two arrested on drug charges (4/17/18)
- Iowa man arrested on drug charges (4/17/18)
- Public Transit Week (4/17/18)
- Commissioners approve plan to use wastewater from dairy (4/17/18)
- Constructing the path to final victoryMcCOOK, Neb. — JL Construction toppled unbeaten TAWAMA and beat Cooppermill twice to claim the YMCA Coed Volleyball Tournament championship. Coppermill forced a second title match Tuesday evening with its 7:30 p.m. match victory, but JL promptly recovered and conquered that 8:15 p.m. finale...
- Irish rule Arapahoe just ahead of Trojans (4/19/18)
- Swim lessons are so valuable (4/19/18)
- Buffalo leaps to title at Scott City (4/19/18)
- Krysl signs with Crown College baseball (4/19/18)
- Van Pelt's four gold medals, two meet records help Roughrider boys to Hitchcock County title (4/19/18)
- McCook finishes second at home invite, four Bison place in top 10 (4/18/18)
- McCook alum Noah Hofman hits hole-in-one, wins Missouri tournament (4/18/18)
Big Flavor for the Big GameWhen hosting a game-day party, you'd think the focus would be on the score or the award-winning commercials, but it's actually a great reason to indulge in flavor-filled bites. When the big day rolls around, let your guests obsess over the game while you serve up ooey-gooey dips, saucy wings and football-themed desserts that can keep them happily glued to their seats...
Throw a Christmas Cookie PartyThe next best thing to baking cookies for many home chefs is baking cookies with friends. Dust off your favorite recipes, create a festive playlist and fill your home with the tantalizing aroma of baked goodies for the ultimate Christmas cookie party...
Leanna Lynn (McVay) Roberts (4/19/18)Leanna Lynn (McVay) Roberts April 24, 1951 - April 18, 2018 ABILENE, Kan. — Leanna Lynn (McVay) Roberts, 66, formerly of Oberlin, Kan., died Wednesday (April 18, 2018), at Salina Regional Health...
Mildred Black (4/18/18)
Henry Lee “Hank” Hartman (4/18/18)Henry Lee “Hank” Hartman Oct. 28, 1947 - April 11, 2018 HAYS, Kan. — Henry Lee "Hank" Hartman, 70, of Hays, died Wednesday, April 11, 2018, at his home. He was born in McCook, Neb., on Oct. 28, 1947,...
Editorial: Drive high, kiss your license goodbye (4/19/18)1With Colorado, California and Washington legalizing recreational marijuana and medical marijuana legal in many other states, an important issue is rarely raised. Impaired driving. Alcohol is the...
Editorial: China joins Russia in manipulating US public opinion (4/18/18)The United States will always be vulnerable to manipulation as long as we’re a free and open society, governed, at the most basic level, by public opinion. That’s not lost on Russia, which uses every...
AuctionhSat., May 5, 2018 10:00 am The Estate of J Eldon Smith Gateway Civic Center, Oberlin, KS JD 2510 with Loader, 08 Chevy Silverado 1500, 49 GMC 300 Truck, 83 Buick Park Avenue, Antiques, Household, Shop Equipment, Tools, Misc. Glad Real Estate See Big Nickel: 4/27/2018
Tree ServiceDavis Tree Service 308-340-9198 Trimming, removals & stump grinding. FREE quotes CALL 308-340-9198.
AuctiongSat., Apr. 21, 2018 10:00 am Jerry-Arvida Warner Estate Beaver City, NE Vehicles, Tractors, Lots of Shop Tools, Antiques & Collectibles. Outstanding Auction! Kucera Auction Service See Big Nickel: 4/13/2018
Garage Sales4-H Building Fri. 3-7 Sat. 9-4 Western Art, Justin Boots, Western Purse, Kitchen Appliances, Vintage Needlework, Antique Wicker Buggy, Baked Goods, Misc.
Latest State & Nation News