Hughes to address NCTA graduates (3/23/18)CURTIS, Neb. – A Nebraska agricultural producer, businessman and state senator will deliver the commencement address for the Nebraska College of Technical Agriculture at Curtis on May 3. State...
Construction progress (3/23/18)Construction projects are shifting into high gear with the arrival of spring weather. Ominous clouds Monday, above, amounted to little more than wind, approaching a pavement project on East J Street...
National Registry of Historic Places now includes former Venango school (3/23/18)LINCOLN, Neb. — The former public school in Venango, in far southwestern Perkins County, has been added to the National Registry of Historic Places. The Nebraska State Historical Society announced...
Walk to Health walking program begins April 9 (3/23/18)McCOOK, Neb. — Southwest Nebraska Public Health Department’s 15th annual Walk to Health program kicks off Monday, April 9. This free program will last for 12 weeks and is open to residents of all...
- 'Premiere Movie Madness' theme for Heritage Days (3/23/18)
- MEDC honors directors, reports on activities (3/23/18)
- Drug charges result in 18-month prison sentence (3/22/18)
- New troopers (3/22/18)1
- Chamber board cuts membership, adds advisory committee (3/22/18)
- Annual farm sale takes temperature of ag economy (3/22/18)
- State budget: Something for everyone to hate (3/22/18)
- McCook woman runs for county commissioner (3/21/18)
- Grant deadline approaching (3/21/18)
- Wauneta, St. Pat's students take best of show in McCook (3/21/18)1
- Bison blast two guests in dazzling home debutMcCOOK, Neb. — What a beautiful day for Bison tennis brilliance! Business was booming along with plenty of tennis balls that neither North Platte or Hershey could return Thursday afternoon. The reigning Class B state champ McCook Bison drew plenty of fans for their 2018 home debut, and tennis was superb throughout a 17-1 double dual win...
- Falcons soar just above Wolves (3/23/18)
- Longhorns trample Perkins title chase (3/23/18)
- Eagles edge Broncos for boys' title (3/23/18)
- Indians trail by one at tourney (3/23/18)
- McCook youth wrestler wins state (3/22/18)
- MCC women take two with last at-bats (3/22/18)
- Forgottens need to be reunited (3/22/18)
Big Flavor for the Big GameWhen hosting a game-day party, you'd think the focus would be on the score or the award-winning commercials, but it's actually a great reason to indulge in flavor-filled bites. When the big day rolls around, let your guests obsess over the game while you serve up ooey-gooey dips, saucy wings and football-themed desserts that can keep them happily glued to their seats...
Throw a Christmas Cookie PartyThe next best thing to baking cookies for many home chefs is baking cookies with friends. Dust off your favorite recipes, create a festive playlist and fill your home with the tantalizing aroma of baked goodies for the ultimate Christmas cookie party...
John Leonard Lawritson (3/23/18)John Leonard Lawritson July 30, 1933 - March 10, 2018 PHOENIX, Ariz. — John Leonard Lawritson, age 84, of Phoenix, passed away on March 10, 2018 of complications due to lung cancer. John was born on...
Johnny J. Haag (3/23/18)Johnny J. Haag Dec. 27, 1943 - Feb. 11, 2018 GOODYEAR, Ariz. — Johnny J. Haag, 74, passed away Feb. 11, 2018, after a short battle with cancer. He was born Dec. 27, 1943, in McCook, Neb. He was the...
David Corey (3/22/18)
N.W. “Jerry” Solomon (3/22/18)N.W. “Jerry” Solomon April 26, 1927 - March 19, 2018 LINCOLN, Neb. — N.W. “Jerry” Solomon, 90, of Lincoln, passed away peacefully at home with his family on Monday, March 19, 2018. He was born on...
Robert Floyd “Bob” Ross (3/22/18)Robert Floyd “Bob” Ross Feb. 26, 1932 - March 17, 2018 CULBERTSON, Neb. — Robert Floyd “Bob” Ross of Culbertson passed away Saturday, March 17, 2018, at El Dorado Manor in Trenton. He was 86 years...
Joanne Marie Wesch (3/20/18)Joanne Marie Wesch Aug. 27, 1933 - March 9, 2018 COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. — Joanne Marie Wesch, 84, died March 9, 2018, at Colorado Springs. She married Floyd H (FH) Wesch on June 16, 1957. She was an...
Letter to the Editor: Congrats, cowboys! (3/23/18)I wanted to congratulate the two people mentioned in the article “Headin’ and Heelin’,” Lakota Pattan and Graylan Elkins, on their amazing feat. They caught their steer in EIGHT seconds. WOW!! I’ll...
Letter to the Editor: Gen. John J. Pershing and the War to End All Wars (3/23/18)Gen. John Joseph Pershing led the expeditionary forces during World War I in France and Belgium. In 1931, the Frederick A. Stokes Co. of New York published “My Experiences During the War” by Gen....
AuctioneSat.,Apr. 7, 2018 10:00 am Fred & Ardith Pinkal, Ivan & Shirley Hunt 4-H Building, Red Willow Fairgrounds, McCook, NE Collectables, Antiques, Furniture, Household, Tools & Shop Equipment, Appliances, Misc. Youngs Auction Service See Big Nickel: 03/23/2018
AuctiondMon.,Apr. 2, 2018 1:00 pm Windmill Angus Ranch Annual Production Sale 2 miles east of Haigler, NE on Hwy 34 223 Head sell: 59 Registered two year old bulls; 8 Registered Fall Bulls; 25 Registered Yearling Bulls; 11 Registered Open Heifers; 120 Open Commercial heifers. DV Auction See Gazette: 03/22/2018
AuctioncThur., Mar. 29, 2018 12:30pm MT L Bar L Angus Annual Bull Sale Imperial Auction Barn, Angus Bulls & Replacement Heifers, www.lbarlangus.com CattleUSA.com See Gazette: 3/22/2018
Latest State & Nation News