More men needed
Holidays are a good time to unplug from the headlines (12/13/19)These are interesting times to be in the news business, as in the supposedly Chinese curse no Chinese person has actually heard: “May you live in interesting times.” Only three presidential...
Successful big horn sheep hunts (12/13/19)MORRILL, Neb. – Nebraska’s bighorn sheep hunting season wrapped up Wednesday afternoon as the second of the state’s two permit holders found success at Montz Point Wildlife Management Area in Scotts...
NPPD announces rate freeze, one-year credit (12/13/19)COLUMBUS, Neb. -- There was a piece of good news for Nebraska Public Power District customers during the monthly meeting of the Board of Directors: no increase in base electric rates and a one-year...
NPPD lease rates on agenda for City Council (12/13/19)McCOOK, Neb. — The McCook City Council will again discuss the option of increasing Nebraska Public Power lease payments to the city, at the regular meeting Monday, 5:30 p.m., at city council chambers...
- Countdown to Christmas (12/13/19)
- $5,000 MCFF grant funds Bison Days (12/10/19)
- State upgrades high school rating (12/10/19)
- Pantry donation (12/9/19)1
- Christmas spirit (12/9/19)1
- Toy Box shopping (12/9/19)
- A 'Fast Orange' Christmas (12/9/19)
- Busy holiday schedule set for Haigler (12/9/19)
- More men needed for SWNCTA production of 'Hunchback of Notre Dame' (12/9/19)
- Students keep local restaurant flush with fresh lettuce, greens (12/6/19)
- Final tie-breaking shot decides Trail title!Dundy County-Stratton sophomore Quade Myers drove left and sent this running shot over Hitchcock County defenders to break a late 55-55 tie in Saturday night's Cattle Trail tournament game. The Falcons didn't have enough time for any answers as those Tigers soon celebrated a 57-55 thrilling win. ...
- Falcons tangle with Wolves for title shot (12/13/19)
- Bison beat 'Makers in first dual of season (12/13/19)
- Bison girls bounce Yuma out of title chase (12/13/19)
- McCook boys fall to state basketball champions (12/13/19)
- Bison swimmers-divers hosting invite today (12/13/19)
- Cattle Trail tourneys resume in McCook (12/13/19)
- Roughriders edge Overton wrestlers, 31-30 (12/13/19)
Robert Thomas Berkheimer (12/13/19)Robert Thomas Berkheimer Feb. 18, 1937 - Dec. 11, 2019 OBERLIN, Kan. — Robert Thomas Berkheimer, 82, died Wednesday (Dec. 11, 2019), in Oberlin. He was born Feb. 18, 1937, in Miller, Neb., to Lee...
Ruth B. Shields (12/13/19)Ruth B. Shields Dec. 20, 1925 - Dec. 13, 2019 MCCOOK, Neb. — Ruth B. Shields, 93, of McCook, died today (Dec. 13,2 019), at Community Hospital in McCook. Visitation is Monday, Dec. 16, 2019, from 10...
Thomas McDonald (12/13/19)Thomas McDonald TOPEKA, Kan. — Thomas McDonald, 78, of Topeka, died today (Dec. 13, 2019), in Topeka. Services are pending with Carpenter-Breland Funeral Home of McCook, Neb.
Prellwitz. Owens engagement (12/6/19)Prellwitz. Owens Elaine Prellwitz and Peter Owens, both of Breckenridge, Colo., announce their engagement and upcoming wedding. Parents of the bride-to-be are Andy and Debbie Prellwitz of...
Potthoff birthday (11/29/19)80th birthday The family of Harold Potthoff of Trenton is requesting a card shower in honor of his 80th birthday on Sunday, Dec. 8, 2019. Cards of congratulations will reach him at 35807 Drive 714,...
Loomis birthday (11/29/19)85th birthday The family of Hazel Loomis of McCook is requesting a card shower to honor her 85th birthday on Monday, Dec. 2, 2019. Cards of congratulations will reach her at: c/o Hillcrest Nursing...
Francis Eugene “Gene” Liggett (12/13/19)Francis Eugene “Gene” Liggett Feb. 19, 1920 ~ Nov. 27, 2019 VANCOUVER, Wash. — Francis Eugene “Gene” Liggett was born Feb. 19, 1920, in Almena, Kan. Gene grew up on ranches around Flagler, Colo., and...
Mildred Jane Farr (12/13/19)Mildred Jane Farr June 30, 1922 - Dec. 12, 2019 KEARNEY, Neb. — Mildred Jane Farr, age 97, of Kearney, passed away on Thursday, Dec. 12, 2019, at St. Luke’s Nursing Home in Kearney. Mildred was born ...
Betty Lou Roper (12/12/19)Betty Lou Roper McCOOK, Neb. — Betty Lou Roper, 79, of McCook, died Tuesday (Dec. 10, 2019) in Kearney, Neb. A memorial service will take place at a later date. Online condolences can be left at...
Letter to the Editor: In support of medical marijuana (12/13/19)Dear Editor, A certain level of THC is required because it is the chemical that carries the beneficial CBD to the brain, which is why the Federal government set a maximum of .3% THC content when they...
Editorial: National trends make local Big Give even more remarkable (12/11/19)McCook-area residents came through in a big way again for the Big Give last month, giving $147,000 once all the contributions were tallied. More than 700 individual donations were made this year,...
Help WantedTHE CITY OF MCCOOK NEBRASKA is now accepting applications/resumes (both required) for the position of FIREFIGHTER/PARAMEDIC in accordance with the McCook Civil Service Act. The City offers an excellent medical, dental, life insurance and pension benefit package, aggressive protocols, up-to-date equipment and quality continuing education. The department provides all required uniforms and firefighter bunker gear. The assigned shift is a rotating 24-hour shift. This position serves under the...
For Rent4-plex, Indianola. 2 Bdrm Ga. Cntr Air. 308-375-4334
AuctionSale date: Sat. Dec. 21 Time: 10:00 am MT Person having sale: Gun Auction Location: Benkelman Legion Hall, Benkelman NE Main items for sale: Lots of Gun, Ammo, Gun Accessories knives, bows, gun cabinet, Miscellaneous. Auctioneer Co: Rambat Auction See Big Nickel: 12/13/19
Help WantedLocal truck driver needed. Starting pay avg 55-60,000 a year. Training available. Please call JP Logistics at 308-737-5941.