Ricketts touts 'lasting, fair' property tax reformMcCOOK, Neb. — While on his “State of the State” fly-around through Nebraska Wednesday, Neb. Gov. Pete Ricketts explained his proposals for property and income tax relief “that fit within the budget”...
McCook man forced to break bedroom window to escape fireMcCOOK, Neb. — Fire forced a McCook man to break out and crawl through his bedroom window late Wednesday evening to escape the flames engulfing his home at 1107 W. Fourth. McCook Fire Chief Marc...
- Hughes: Irrigation tax likely to stall
- Chamber to honor NPPD
- Preview: 2018 RPAC Wrestling Meet
- Red bucket results (1/17/18)
- Ricketts: Livestock Friendly designation means Red Willow County open for business (1/17/18)
- Child abuse reports keep police busy (1/17/18)
- Simultaneous chimney fires reported Monday (1/16/18)
- Personnel issues listed as cause for executive session (1/16/18)
- Fair Board clarifies emergency meeting issue (1/16/18)
- Foundation carries on after death of county benefactor (1/16/18)
- More than 50 teams set for Mac AttackMcCOOK, Neb. — Interested referees should not hesitate to see if they’re needed in Saturday’s 27th annual Mac Attack youth basketball tournament. “It’s going to be a huge day. We have around 52 teams entered, which may be down slightly,” tourney co-chairman Aaron Broz said Wednesday afternoon. “But teams are never a problem. We always have plenty of those. Referees might be a different story.”...
- Tourney lineups for Mac Attack
- No. 1 Tigers tangle with Bison tonight
- Pioneer Seed plants spot in Men's final
- Finally! New hot tub hits YMCA
- Bison lose to Minutemen for second time this season with 66-47 setback Tuesday (1/17/18)
- Fourth quarter leads to 43-39 Lady Bison loss at Lexington (1/17/18)
- Streakin' Warriors shake off 'Cat bites (1/17/18)
Throw a Christmas Cookie PartyThe next best thing to baking cookies for many home chefs is baking cookies with friends. Dust off your favorite recipes, create a festive playlist and fill your home with the tantalizing aroma of baked goodies for the ultimate Christmas cookie party...
Holiday Entertaining Excellence, savory appetizers, gifts and moreFrom savory appetizers to delicious holiday gifts, cheese is a must-have holiday ingredient. These recipes from Chef George Duran, host of TLC's "Ultimate Cake Off" and Food Network's "Ham on the Street," make it easy to elevate your cheeseboard, serve up delightfully delicate puffed pastries or make glass canning jar gifts to give away to guests. ...
Gilbert “Gib” Milton Stewart (1/16/18)Gilbert “Gib” Milton Stewart Oct. 30, 1930 - Jan. 15, 2018 McCOOK, Neb. — Gilbert “Gib” Milton Stewart, 87, of McCook, formerly of Arapahoe, Neb., died Monday (Jan. 15, 2018), at Hillcrest Nursing...
Deena K. Chambers (1/15/18)
Harold Eugene Light (1/15/18)Harold Eugene Light April 4, 1935 - Jan. 10, 2018 CAMBRIDGE, Neb. — Harold Eugene Light of Cambridge passed away Jan. 10, 2018, at Kearney Good Samaritan Hospital in Kearney, Neb., at the age of 82....
Editorial: Stopping smoking can pay off big over a lifetime (1/18/18)How are you doing with your New Years resolutions? If they included saving money and getting healthier, here’s an idea for killing two birds with one stone. Personal-finance website WalletHub...
Editorial: True tax relief will require tough decisions (1/17/18)1Propose elimination of a school, county agency or local governmental position, and you’ll hear an uproar, with good reason. We all have friends who work in that office, teach in that school or depend...
1989 FORD F-150 XLT LARIAT 4x4Engine: 5.0L V8, Automatic Transmission, Mileage: 96,652 $ 2,100 Call:4027881254
AuctiondWed., Feb. 14, 2018 10:00am Absolute Land Auction-Furnas County NE Community Building, Holbrook, NE 160 (+/-) acres of productive Furnas County Pivot Irrigated with 2 dry cropland corners & 2 grass corners. this tract is located approximately 7 miles SW of Holbrook Heartland Partners Realty & Auctioneers See Gazette 1/18/2018 See Big Nickel 1/19/2018 & 1/26/2018
Help WantedJob Opening Wanted full or part time help to fuel and move aircraft. Must be able to work outside, climb ladders, Lift 50 lbs and pass drug test. Hours would be mostly days and one weekend day. Benefits possible. Contact Red Willow Aviation 308-345-2886
Hay & GrazingBig round Alfalfa bails for sale. Net wrapped. First cuttings. All tested. 308-278-2171