Probation sentence for sex offender on attempted violationMcCOOK, Neb. — A McCook woman was sentenced to probation earlier this month in Red Willow County District Court for attempting to violate the sex offender registration act. The sex offender,...
Century-old Victorian house too old for home loan resurrected from neglectDANBURY, Neb. — Connie McKain is convinced she is meant to be in a century-old Victorian house resurrected from among the weeds and trees in Danbury, Nebraska. Connie, her sister-in-law, Gina Witt,...
- MPCC public input session planned in Imperial Tuesday (4/21/17)
- Riener, Keller wedding (4/21/17)
- Two guilty of sexual assault (4/20/17)
- Quality of Life Day (4/20/17)
- Five Hughes bills to final reading (4/20/17)
- Airbnb bill fails to advance, but may still have life (4/20/17)
- Connecting communities conference (4/20/17)
- Northwest Kansas veteran honored during Blackhawk combat flight (4/19/17)
- 1937 Buick is rolling tribute to Sen. George W. Norris (4/19/17)
- Domestic Abuse donation (4/18/17)
- Hitchcock rocks at home track-field inviteTRENTON, Neb. — It was all about black and gray on a bright blue-skied Thursday as Hitchcock County’s girls ran away with their annual invitational championship. Kyleigh Scott conquered the springs (100, 200 meters), Amanda Mote showed she could go distance (800, 3200-meter wins) and Jasmine Youngquist ran her all-time fastest 400 to lead the champion Falcons...
- How girls fared at Trenton meet (4/21/17)
- Fast field start ignites Roughriders' title (4/21/17)
- Boys' best finishers at Hitchcock (4/21/17)
- Indian earns Pitcher of Week (4/21/17)
- Bison JV tennis girls trounce two more foes (4/21/17)
- From Bison to Big Red: Senior will walk on (4/20/17)
- Confronting a classic dilemma (4/20/17)
Sweet meets spicyThere's no better way to spice up a party than by using unexpected ingredients in fun, flavorful dishes and drinks. For your next fiesta, celebrate a star of the party with sweet and juicy watermelon. Not only does versatile watermelon lend a unique taste to your menu, it's a healthy ingredient that provides natural hydration with 92 percent water content, along with the antioxidant lycopene and the amino acid citrulline...
Enhance your Easter with hamFAMILY FEATURES -- From the breakfast nook to the dinner table, an Easter meal isn't complete without a delicious ham for guests to enjoy and share. Whether you're serving up a casual brunch, an early dinner or a formal holiday feast, an easy-to-prepare spiral ham is the perfect centerpiece for any meal occasion...
- Anniversary announcement
- Birth announcement
- Birthday announcement
- Blogger signup
- Death notice form
- Employment Application
- Engagement announcement
- Request ad file
- Submit a photo
- Submit a story or a story idea
- Submit your event for our Calendar of Events
- Wedding announcement
- Weekend Menu submission
- Whiskers, ETC. submission
Margie Marie (Smalberger) Welsh (4/19/17)
James E. Colson (4/19/17)James E. Colson Feb. 26, 1938 - April 16, 2017 KIMBALL, Neb. — James E. Colson, 79, of Kimball, went to be with the Lord on Sunday, April 16, 2017. Graveside services will be 9 a.m. on Friday, April...
Lane Michael (Barber) Barker (4/18/17)
James Kenneth Hines (4/18/17)James Kenneth Hines Nov. 30, 1920 - April 17, 2017 ARAPAHOE, Neb. — James Kenneth Hines, 96, of Arapahoe, died Monday (April 17, 2017), at C.A. Mues Good Samaritan Center in Arapahoe. He was born...
Ruth Ellen (Downing) Brosius (4/17/17)Ruth Ellen (Downing) Brosius Sept. 20, 1926 - April 14, 2017 MCCOOK, Neb. — Ruth Ellen (Downing) Brosius, age 90, of McCook, passed away Friday, April 14, 2017, at Hillcrest Nursing Home. She was...
Carol Lynn (Lundberg) Peterson (4/17/17)
Editorial: More reasons to break the sweet drink habit (4/21/17)A local first grader was learning about opposites in school — cold? “Hot.” Up? “Down.” His next answer provided the wisdom only a child could offer. Sweet? “Healthy.” The teacher was looking for...
Letter to the Editor: Spotlighting the plight of Native Americans (4/20/17)6Manitou Springs is located outside Colorado Springs and near the Garden of the Gods. Tourists visit these locations and view Pike’s Peak, which is an extinct volcano of over 14,000 feet above sea...
AuctiondSat, April 29, 2017 9:00am MT Dorothy Milner Estate and Others Furniture, Antiques, Lawn & Garden, Shop Tools, Appliances, Livestock & Animal related, household, misc. Chase County Fairgrounds Fanning Auction Service Big Nickel 4/21/17
For RentSmaller 2 bedroom house in McCook. Call 340-6540
LivestockAngus bulls for sale. Sires include: B&B Fort Knox, B&B Identity , Connealy Consensus, Apex Windy, HF Done Right , Hoover Dam. L Bar L Angus, Todd Hasenauer 308-530-3568
Miscellaneous for SaleTwo new craftsman garage door openers, small tractor front end loader, 6x16 horse trailer, century 1 tent welder with updated leads, antique anvil. Call 720-365-3876