Omaha salesman shares 'Nicest Place' opinionMcCOOK, Neb. -- “Nice. That’s a great word to describe McCook,” according to Steve Hulsebus of Omaha and a regular visitor to Southwest Nebraska. As this series has progressed, people have reached...
MPD receives grant for radar units, in-car cameraLINCOLN, Neb. – The McCook Police Department has received a grant from the Nebraska Department of Transportation, Highway Safety Office to purchase one in-car camera system and two mobile radar...
Miniature Herefords earn full-scale honors for McCook womanCLAREMORE, Okla. — As “2019 National Miniature Hereford Queen” Cameron Lashley of rural McCook helped with the opening ceremonies and the royalty corn hole tournament at the Miniature Hereford...
City to stage sundown assault on mosquitoesMcCOOK, Neb. — The City of McCook will spray for mosquitoes tonight, beginning around sun down, weather permitting. Although the chemical used is not harmful to people or pets, if you have any...
- 'Third Thursday' proving popular Chamber event
- Nicest Place in America -- Players don't hesitate to go to bat for hospitalized teammate (7/16/19)
- Historical photographs (7/16/19)
- Company gets funding to provide broadband in rural Frontier County (7/16/19)
- Two injured in Monday wreck (7/16/19)
- Quick action by city helps Cruise Night overcome 'offal' disruption (7/16/19)
- New cable request raises concerns about old cabinets (7/16/19)
- Crazy car show (7/15/19)
- Church pies help make 'Nicest Place' (7/15/19)
- Photography project generates goodwill for law enforcement (7/15/19)
- FCB Juniors' first state foe: Central City CornerstoneMcCOOK, Neb. — McCook's First Central Bank Juniors will take on Central City Cornerstone to finish Saturday's first round of the Class B Legion baseball state tournament on Merv Breland Field at the Jaycees Complex. First pitch is set for 7 p.m. to cap a busy four-game opening day...
- Stunning loss means McCook seeks state redemption (7/17/19)
- MNB Seniors secure No. 1 playoff spot (7/17/19)
- McCook FCB knocks O'Neill out of tourney (7/17/19)
- Bison alum near top of Nebraska golf tourneys (7/17/19)
- Indians impact NJCAA all-academic teams (7/17/19)
- McCook Juniors still alive in B-6 hunt (7/16/19)
- MNB Seniors take brooms to tough Gering team (7/16/19)
Connie R. Cross (7/17/19)Connie R. Cross Nov. 1, 1938 - June 17, 2019 NICEVILLE, Fla. — Connie R. Cross, 80, died June 17, 2019, at Twin Cities Hospital in Niceville. She was born Nov. 1, 1938, near Edison, Neb., to Ray...
Bette Jo Tompkins (7/17/19)Bette Jo Tompkins McCOOK, Neb. — Bette Jo Tompkins, 96, of McCook, died Tuesday (July 16, 2019), at Community Hospital in McCook Visitation is Thursday, July 18, 2019, 5 to 7 p.m., with family...
Carrol Sue (Goddard) Clapp (7/16/19)Carrol Sue (Goddard) Clapp June 30, 1954 - July 14, 2019 KEARNEY, Neb. — Carrol Sue (Goddard) Clapp, 65, formerly of Culbertson, Neb., died Sunday (July 14, 2019) at Good Samaritan Hospital in...
Joseph Deck Estermann (7/15/19)Joseph Deck Estermann July 25, 1924 - July 11, 2019 WELLFLEET, Neb. — Joseph Deck Estermann, age 94 years, 11 months, and 16 days of Wellfleet, passed away July 11, 2019, at Linden Court. Joe was...
Arletta B. Matthews (7/15/19)Arletta B. Matthews Aug. 8, 1929 - July 13, 2019 INDIANOLA, Neb. — Arletta B. Matthews, age 89, of Indianola, passed away Saturday, July 13, 2019, at El Dorado Manor in Trenton, Neb. Arletta was born...
Gary Lee Barth (7/12/19)Gary Lee Barth Oct. 11, 1947 - July 11, 2019 CULBERTSON, Neb. — Gary Lee Barth of Culbertson passed away Thursday, July 11, 2019, at Kearney Regional Hospital after a courageous battle with cancer. ...
Editorial: Older generation has vested interest in children's success (7/17/19)Television personality Mike Rowe has made a career out of spotlighting the honor in other people’s careers, specifically those that are dangerous and dirty, and especially those that don’t require an...
Editorial: Count the cost to kids, society before easing marijuana laws (7/16/19)We’ve made, and heard, all the arguments for legalization of marijuana, medical or otherwise. It’s useful for relief of pain and anxiety. It’s no worse than, and probably less harmful than alcohol....
Cook Part Time or Full TimeWe are looking for either two part time cooks or one full time cook to cook for a health care facility. All meals are made from scratch. You will need to have experience in scratch cooking. Must be able to follow directions and able to work...
Help WantedLooking for dishwasher apply in person at Fuller's. Ask for Val or Linda.
Help Wanted - Health Care
Looking to hire two CMAs or one CMA/one CNA for Assisted Living Facility located in McCookLooking to add two more CMAs to our team.. We will have a position that will come open August 1, 2019. This position is from 2:00 pm to 10:00 pm, every other weekend is a must. All major holidays are rotated between staff. Wage is based upon...
NoticesHypnotist Ralph Weber in McCook at the Senior Center on Thursday, August 1st at 7:00 p.m. Weight loss and stop smoking. $60.00. For information call 218-583-1056.