A light dusting
McCook daughter, mother attend March for Life (2/14/20)WASHINGTON -- Rylee Shaw and daughter Karragan Shaw, a McCook High School sophomore, from McCook attended the 47th annual National March for Life in Washington DC on Jan. 24. An estimated 500,000...
Claim filed over damaged pickup truck; police dog care compensation considered (2/14/20)McCOOK, Neb. — A McCook man is suing the city of McCook, alleging damages done to his vehicle by the city’s K-9 officer. The item is a consent agenda item and will more than likely be approved with...
Defendants appear in Red Willow County District Court (2/13/20)McCOOK, Neb. — Sentencings in Red Willow County District Court on Feb. 3 included: — Bridget M. Matson, 34 of McCook, in CR 19-85, entered a plea of guilty/no contest to Count II, allowing a...
Chuck Schroeder to be 'artist in residence' at NCTA next week (2/13/20)CURTIS, Neb. — Southwest Nebraska native Chuck Schroeder will be an “artist in residence” at NCTA for three days next week. The former rancher from Palisade is hanging a fine art exhibition, “Elders:...
- Republican River annual meeting set Feb. 20 (2/13/20)
- School calendar moves graduation from Mother's Day (2/13/20)
- Beaver City man still missing after a month (2/12/20)
- School sees more English-as-a-second-language students (2/12/20)
- Stock dogs returning to NCTA Feb. 22-23 (2/12/20)
- Early childhood care, workforce housing, fiber-to-home among EDC initiatives (2/12/20)
- Officer-involved shooting investigated in Trenton (2/11/20)
- Community Hospital earns ISO certification (2/11/20)
- Blue Out proceeds establish MCC special ed scholarship (2/11/20)
- Kindergarten signup Feb. 17-March 18 (2/11/20)
- Bison drop both games to Scottsbluff Friday nightMcCOOK, Neb. — Senior Konor Rakes challenged two Scottsbluff Bearcats on this drive to the basket, but McCook High's varsity boys and girls dropped games Friday night at home. The Bison girls (8-13 record) lost 62-51 and boys (11-10) fell 68-42 against a high-ranked Class B foe...
- Bison duo are undefeated at first day of B-4 (2/14/20)
- Bison swat Bulldogs away for big victory (2/14/20)
- Gering girls top McCook in hoops rematch (2/14/20)
- Eagles avenge RPAC finals loss to Tigers (2/14/20)
- Southern Valley girls dominate DC-S after halftime (2/14/20)
- Raiders win scrape with Wildcats, 52-50 (2/14/20)
- Falcon, Raider heavier wrestlers place high (2/14/20)
Terry Lee Morris (2/14/20)Terry Lee Morris Nov. 25, 1953 - Feb. 10. 2020 CULBERTSON, Neb. — Terry Lee Morris , 66, of Culbertson, died Monday (Feb. 10. 2020), in Omaha, Neb. He was born Nov. 25, 1953, in Pine Island, Minn. He...
Gary Leon Lucas (2/14/20)Gary Leon Lucas Feb. 20, 1942 - Feb. 14, 2020 McCOOK, Neb. — Gary Leon Lucas, 76, of McCook, died today (Feb. 14, 2020), at Bryan East Hospital in Lincoln, Neb. Services are pending with...
Harold LeRoy Cook (2/14/20)Harold LeRoy Cook Sept. 27, 1998 - Feb. 13, 2020 TRENTON, Neb. — Nicholas Harold LeRoy Cook, age 21, died Thursday (Feb. 13, 2020), at his home in Trenton. Services are pending with Herrmann Jones...
Fricke birth (2/14/20)Emmett Lucas Fricke Shelby Fricke and Dylan Matlock of York, Neb., announce the birth of their son, Emmett Lucas Fricke, born Jan. 1, 2020 in McCook, Neb. He weighed 4 pounds, 9 ounces and measured...
Steider birth (2/14/20)Aiden Ryan Steider Ryan and Hailey Steider of Geneva, Neb., announce the birth of their son, Aiden Ryan Steider born Jan. 12, 2020 in Geneva. He weighed 6 pounds, 12 ounces and measured 19 inches...
Grafel birthday (2/14/20)90th birthday The family of Patty Grafel of Hastings, Neb., is requesting a card shower in honor of her 90th birthday on Wednesday, Feb. 26, 2020. She was born on the family farm in Trenton, Neb. Her...
Richard Anthony “Dick” Mitchell (2/14/20)Richard Anthony “Dick” Mitchell Jan. 29, 1935 - Feb. 12, 2020 BRIGHTON, Colo. — Richard Anthony “Dick” Mitchell, age 85, longtime resident and businessman of McCook, died Wednesday (Feb. 12, 2020),...
Joan Fay Dike (2/13/20)
Daniel W. Bahl (2/13/20)Daniel W. Bahl March 11,1944 - Feb. 11, 2020 WICHITA, Kan. — Daniel W. Bahl, of Indianola, Neb., died Tuesday, Feb. 11, 2020, at Via Christi Village in Wichita, Kan. Dan was born March 11,1944, one...
Editorial: Latest semantics spat proves that words still matter (2/13/20)Gov. Pete Ricketts hit a nerve when he picked up President Trump’s use of the word “government” to describe public schools. In his general endorsement of a school aid reform bill in the Legislature,...
Editorial: Nebraskans go above and beyond in another area of generosity (2/11/20)Nebraskans are known for helping their neighbors, so it’s no surprise when we read stories about farmers coming together to harvest a sick neighbor’s crops or going above and beyond when they hear...
AuctionSale date: Sat. Feb. 29 Time: 10:00 am Person having sale: Estate Auction Location: 4-H Building, Red Willow Fairgrounds, McCook, NE Main items for sale: Eleven Cabinets full of salt & pepper shakers, glassware, bottles, vases, collectible model cars, 89 Chevy Caprice, Pool Table, Tools, Collectibles, Antiques, Miscellaneous. Auctioneer Co: Youngs Auction Service See Big Nickel: 2/14/20
Farms & Ranch FSFor Sale: 40 Acres on the river west of McCook. Some farm ground, lots of trees, beaver ponds, loaded with deer and turkeys. Has power. 970-209-6637
Help WantedFull-time Employment: The Village of Trenton is accepting applications for full-time help in the Clerk's office. Applicants must have good people and organizational skills, along with knowledge of MS office software, and PowerManager software preferred but not required. This position requires walking town to read meters 2-3 days per month, running office equipment, processing payments, deposits, billing, personnel, data input, knowledge of ordinances, and other duties. Typically hours are...
NoticesGoing out of business. February up to 30% off. Accents Etc, 307 Norris Ave, McCook. 308-345-7480
- Rain delays Daytona 500 start following Trump's parade lap
- Floods create 'precarious situation' in Mississippi capital
- Elton John, sick with pneumonia, cuts New Zealand show short
- Democratic hopefuls now test strength among minority voters
- Home quarantine for travelers buys time as new virus spreads