In the first night of the show all 16 houseguests entered the house. For now it appears that there will be no veterans this season and that is a great relief. Every one is still feeling each other out so it doesn't appear from the first night that any real alliances have been formed.
The houseguests competing in their first competition, which was NOT an HOH comp. Half the house (four men, four women) was put in a dark room and had to find seven folders. Six of the folders has Escape written on it. When a houseguest found the folder they had a choice to either accept the folder and leave the comp or go back in. Every houseguest that got a folder chose to leave the game. One folder was marked Escape and Play. What this folder did was allowed the player to play in a final comp to get a new power for the first week to save half the house from eviction this week. Angela found that folder and became the first of two players.
Kaycee was the odd man (woman) out who didn't find a folder and had to endure a punishment until after the first eviction. She has to wear a pinwheel unitard with a pinwheel spinner on it. Anytime the pinwheel begins spinning she has to stop where she is and stay there until the spinning stops.
The second half of the house were suspended and had to spell out in blocks houseguest. The first to win obviously moved onto the final comp. If the blocks fell the houseguests had to start out. Chris barely beat out Scottie to get the second slot in the final. The loser of this comp was Sam who is now a robot until after the first eviction. It's quite comical.
Chris and Angela mounted surfboards suspended in the air (because the theme this year is technology) and surfed the web. Not only was the board shifting different objects were flying at them. Chris was able to outlast Angela and was given the power to save eight people from eviction. There was, of course, a hitch. He could only chose people how they came into the house. Four people came into the house at a time, so he had to choose two groups. Of course, he saved his group consisting of himself, Angie, Brett, and Rachel. The other group he saved was the group that went in along his group consisting of Faysal, Haleigh, Kaycee, and Scottie.
FIRST HOH COMP
On Thursday night's show it was revealed that the eight people safe from eviction would not be able to compete in the first HOH competition. In this competition the eight houseguests would be walking across balance beams to collect deletion balls and then go back across and drop it in the tube of one of the other houseguests. Once a houseguest gets 10 deletion balls in their tubes would be eliminated. The last person standing would be the HOH. I have never particularly liked this competition because there is no real skill involved in winning. As it was the worst houseguest playing was Steve and he was not even eliminated first.
1st out - Sam
2nd out - Steve
3rd out - Kaitlyn
4th out - Winston
5th out - Angela
6th out - JC
7th out - Bayleigh
Tyler becomes the first HOH of the season. From the show it appeared that he went back and forth about who to put up. Because feeds are not on yet, there is no telling if he was really that unsure. He seemed to really not want to put up Sam. Bayleigh seems to be his preferred target based on how angry she got when he starting dropping deletion balls in her tube. We shall see.
Tyler put Sam and Steve on the block opting for the safe play as they were the first two out of the game. Another reason I'm not a fan of this type of competition. One of them will be heading home first through no fault of their own. If they truly want to play it safe they would evict Steve just based on how awful he was at the game. Sam has spent a large part of the game to this point as a robot. Tyler could still make a big move if one of the noms are removed. Based on seasons past I do not see this happening. Then again they do not have a veteran whispering in their ears.
Faysal won the POV Comp.
Faysal did not use the POV.
BB App Store
Faysal was voted the least trending houseguest and selected Hamazon. Essentially he will get daily deliveries of ham that he will have to eat in one sitting. He is Muslim and his faith does not allow him to eat pork, so I am sure he will get something that replaces the ham. I am not sure why he decided to with that punishment.
Same was voted the most trending houseguest and selected 1-life. For the next four weeks she can save either herself or another houseguest from eviction. In the fourth week, if she does not use it, whoever is evicted that week will automatically be saved. At this point I do not know if she has told anyone she has it. The last I heard on the feeds most of the house is convinced that JC got it. I chuckled a little when Chris did not get it and through a little pity party for himself. I am sure the producers elongated it, but it was magical.
16. Steve - At this point I am not sure how he survives the week. He is either gone or it is going to be a wasted week for Tyler.
15. Chris - I am sorry but I will not call him Swaggy. Anyone who gives themselves their own nickname automatically makes me want to not call them by their nickname. Chris is way too overconfident for this being the first week in the house. He is 100% sure that he is running the house. As we have seen in shows past the guys thinking they run the house are typically the last ones to know that they aren't.
14. Kaitlyn - I said in my preview for the season that I had a feeling that she would be causing more drama than solving and right off the bat she attacked Sam, verbally, for not taking her advice (using quite a few cusswords) and then telling other people she did not know why Sam was cussing at her. She is not nearly as namaste as she makes herself out to be. **she Is also already on a ban on the feeds for me, anytime she appears on a camera I switch the feeds**
13. Winston - I am not really sure about Winston at this point. He is a jock but has not done much I the early goings of the game (outside of talking smack behind people's backs) and his constant referencing of his job in diary has already gotten old.
12. Bayleigh - She has said that if Chris gets a crush on her that would be a huge turn off, yet they have already gotten physical in bed (after reading the Bible together in bed). Her little tantrum during the HOH comp did not help her. Her alliance with Chris is a further hindrance.
11. Angie - Another person I will refer to them as only their name and not nickname. There is only one Big Brother Rockstar and he is a dentist thank you very much. So far I am getting nothing from Angie, other than at this point she may be more of a wallflower than anything else. She got safety first week and was quick to get comfortable.
10. Haleigh - She is the typical blond of the house, though has not gotten into a showmance … yet. She has done nothing this week and has not been on the show much.
9. Rachel - She still reminds me of the other Rachel and I am waiting for that attitude to come out.
8. JC - He is up front with everyone, but has done nothing this week.
7. Scottie - He has become a dark horse for this season and had a decent first, non-chalant week.
6. Brett - He has done little but is completely safe this week.
5. Kaycee - I was not sure about her, but the way she has handled herself with the unitard and having to stay where you are in most cases is top notch.
4. Angela - She is this far up solely because she has been the comp beast I expected her to be.
3. Faysal - Despite getting a punishment he did win the POV.
2. Sam - Up until Sunday night's show I had her down with Steve, but getting the reward which saves her if SHE does get evicted is huge. I feel bad that the robot her is more popular than the real her.
1. Tyler - He won the first HOH and could stay near the top for awhile. Turning on fake tears to make people think he felt bad about the nomination ceremony was top notch. The people with good heart's (Kaycee, Steve) felt bad for him. The people with fake hearts (Bayleigh) mocked him.