This past week was really a stabilizing week in the NFL week. 9 of the top 11 teams won (two of the teams that did not win were on byes). The same four teams at the bottom all lost. There was some shifting between the top and bottom but nothing drastic. We are beginning to get to the middle of the season where the legit teams rise to the top and the fake teams sink to the bottom. As I was writing this blog news broke that the Patriots traded Jimmy Garoppolo to the 49ers for 2nd Round pick in 2018. Big trade for the 49ers. May not mean much this season, but they seem to have their quarterback of the future.
1. Philadelphia Eagles (6-2)
The game between the Eagles and 49ers was essentially over before halftime. The Eagles are the class of the league right now and that does not appear to be coming to an end any time soon.
Last week: Defeated the 49ers 33-10
Up next: at home against Denver
2. Los Angeles Rams (5-2)
The Rams were on a bye last week and with the Giants coming up this week it looks like the Rams will hold onto 2nd place.
Last week: Bye
Up next: at the New York Giants
3. Minnesota Vikings (6-2)
The Vikings took on the Browns this week and it was never really as close at the final score shows. Now they get a week off to heal some wounds and see if they can keep up their winning ways.
Last week: Defeated the Browns 33-16
Up next: Bye
4. Pittsburgh Steelers (6-2)
The Steelers were able to outlast the Lions. Despite their record the Lions are not as bad as they appear, they just can not get any of the breaks. The Steelers were the latest team to feast on this. Like the Vikings they now get a week off to heal their wounds.
Last week: Defeated the Lions 20-15
Up next: Bye
5. Seattle Seahawks (5-2) Last week: Defeated the Texans 41-38; up next: at home against Washington
6. New England Patriots (6-2) Last week: Defeated the Chargers 21-13; up next: Bye
7. New Orleans Saints (5-2) Last week: Defeated the Bears 20-12; up next: at home against Tampa Bay
8. Buffalo Bills (5-2) Last week: Defeated the Raiders 34-14; up next: at the New York Jets (Thursday 11/2)
9. Kansas City Chiefs (6-2) Last week: Defeated the Broncos 29-19; up next: at Dallas
10. Jacksonville Jaguars (4-3) Last week: Bye; up next: at home against Cincinnati
11. Carolina Panthers (5-3) Last week: Defeated the Buccaneers 17-3; up next: at home against Atlanta
12. Dallas Cowboys (4-3) Last week: Defeated the Redskins 33-19; up next: at home against Kansas City
13. Tennessee Titans (4-3) Last week: Bye; up next: at home against Baltimore
14. Atlanta Falcons (4-3) Last week: Defeated the Jets 25-20; up next: at Carolina
15. Green Bay Packers (4-3) Last week: Bye; up next: at home against Detroit (Monday (11/6)
16. Baltimore Ravens (4-4) Last week: ; up next:
17. Miami Dolphins (4-3) Last week: Lost to the Ravens 40-0; up next: at home against Oakland
18. Washington (3-4) Last week: Lost to the Cowboys 33-19; up next: at Seattle
19. Houston Texans (3-3) Last week: Lost to the Seahawks 41-38; up next: at home against Indianapolis
20. Arizona Cardinals (3-4) Last week: Bye; up next: at San Francisco
21. Cincinnati Bengals (3-4) Last week: Defeated the Colts 24-23; up next: at Jacksonville
22. Denver Broncos (3-4) Last week: Lost to the Chiefs 29-19; up next: at Philadelphia
23. Los Angeles Chargers (3-5) Last week: Lost to the Patriots 21-13; up next: Bye
24. Detroit Lions (3-4) Last week: Lost to the Steelers 20-15; up next: at Green Bay (Monday 11-6)
25. Chicago Bears (3-5) Last week: Lost to the Saints 20-12; up next: Bye
26. Oakland Raiders (3-5) Last week: Lost to the Bills 34-14; up next: at Miami
27. New York Jets (3-5) Last week: Loss to the Falcons 25-20; up next: at home against Buffalo
28. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2-5) Last week: Lost to the Panthers 17-3; up next: at New Orleans
29. Indianapolis Colts (2-6)
At some point the Colts are going to get back to their winning ways, but losing to the Bengals in the fashion they did this week could have a lasting effect. This week they travel to Houston who continues to improve from week to week. Coming off this loss will not help the Colts.
Last week: Lost to the Bengals 24-23
Up next: at Houston
30. New York Giants (1-6)
Well there is one good thing about the Giants having the week off. They could not loose. They also got a week off the heal their wounds and figure out a way to make their offense work. Unfortunately, the Rams are coming to town.
Last week: Bye
Up next: at home against the Los Angeles Rams
31. San Francisco 49ers (0-8)
The 49ers ran into a buzz saw against the Eagles this week. After keeping their games close most of the season but still losing, the 49ers have now lost their last two games by huge margins. If they do not find a way to win or at least start losing closer they may play their way to the bottom. The week they host the Cardinals in only their 4th game at home this season.
Last week: Lost to the Eagles 33-10
Up next: at home against Arizona
32. Cleveland Browns (0-8)
The Browns were crushed by the Vikings this week but they get this coming week off. Management gets to sit around for another week wondering why in the world they passed on Deshaun Watson. Oh well, here's to a week of not losing.
Last week: Lost to the Vikings 33-16
Up next: Bye
Byes: Chicago Bears, Cleveland Browns, Minnesota Vikings, New England Patriots, Pittsburgh Steelers, Los AngelesChargers