Because I was away for the weekend this will be a much condensed version of the review. With Oklahoma's humiliating defeat at home to the Iowa State Cyclones there is a new team in the playoffs. Washington, who was in my first playoff list has played their way back into the playoffs. Even though the coaches and media have Georgia as a top 4 rated team, I do not have them in my playoff. There is a simple reason for this; there is virtually no path for one conference to get two teams into the playoff. Therefore I do not plan on ever having two teams from the same conference in the playoffs.
Alabama keeps winning. This week they host the dumpster fire team of Arkansas to town. It should be an easy win for the Tide.
Up next: at home against Arkansas
Clemson and Alabama are on a collision course for a third straight championship game.
Up next: at Syracuse (10/13)
Penn State (6-0)
Penn State is the class of the Big Ten as of right now. Wisconsin could make a move and Ohio State is always out there. As long as Penn State keeps winning they should be a lock for the playoff.
Up next: off, at home against (9) Michigan (10/21)
USC and/or Washington State could easily beat Washington but for the time being Washington is in perfect position to make the playoffs.
Up next: at Arizona State
1. Washington St. (6-0)(up 2): Beat Oregon 33-10; Up next: at California (10/13)
2. Georgia (6-0)(no move): Beat Vanderbilt 45-14; Up next: at home against Missouri
3. TCU (5-0)(up 1): Beat West Virginia 31-24; Up next: at Kansas State
4. Miami (4-0)(up 4): Beat Florida St 24-20; Up next: at home against Georgia Tech
5. San Diego St (6-0)(up 2): Beat UNLV 41-10; Up next: at home against Boise State
6. Wisconsin (5-0)(up 3): Beat Nebraska 38-17; Up next: at home against Purdue
7. Auburn (5-1)(up 4): Beat Ole Miss 44-23; Up next: at LSU
8. Oklahoma (4-1)(down from playoff field): Lost to Iowa State 38-31; Up next: against Texas (played at Cotton Bowl)
9. Michigan (4-1)(down 4): Lost of Michigan St 14-10; Up next: at Indiana
10. South Florida (5-0)(no move): off; Up next: at home against Cincinatti
11. Oklahoma St (4-1)(up 1): off; Up next: at home against Baylor
12. Utah (4-1)(down 6): Lost to Stanford 23-20; Up next: at (13) Southern Cal
13. Southern Cal (5-1)(up 1): Beat Washington St 38-10; Up next: at home against (12)Utah
14. Ohio State (5-1) (up 1): Beat Maryland 62-14; Up next: at Nebraska
15. Virginia Tech (5-1)(up 1): Beat Boston College 23-10; Up next: off; at home against North Carolina (10/21)
16. Notre Dame (5-1)(up 1): Beat North Carolina 33-10; Up next: off; at home against (13) Southern Carolina (10/21)
17. North Carolina St (5-1)(up 2): Beat Louisville 39-25; Up next: at Pittsburgh
18. Michigan State (4-1)(unranked): Beat Michigan 14-10; Up next: at Minnesota
19. Central Florida (4-0)(unranked): Beat Cincinnati 51-23; Up next: at home against East Carolina
20. Navy (5-0)(unranked): Beat Air Force 48-45; Up next: at Memphis
Fell out of rankings: Louisville, West Virginia, Oregon
Game of the Week
(12)Utah at (13)Southern Cal