High: 86°F ~ Low: 63°F
Tuesday, Sep. 2, 2014
Vote TodayPosted Tuesday, November 2, 2010, at 7:16 AM
Whoever you vote for, make sure that when you vote your vote is with knowledge. An uninformed vote is a wasted vote.
Below is some information to help you find your polling place, what information you need to bring (typically it is your id and voter card, but it varies from state).
Whatever the case, friends, get out and vote today
Election 2010 Voting Information (from MoveOn.org)
★ ★ ★
Today, November 2nd, is Election Day! Make sure to get out and vote.
Voting is pretty simple, but if you have any questions, here's an outline of helpful information.
Please share this information widely--SHARE it on Facebook and Twitter.
Where and when do I vote?
* Find your polling place, voting times, and other important information at http://pol.moveon.org/votinginfo2010.htm..., using an application developed by the Voting Information Project.
* You can also get your polling location by texting "where" to 30644 from your mobile phone.
* These resources are excellent, but not perfect, so to double-check information, you can use the Voting Information Project application to find contact information for your state or local election official.
What do I need to bring?
* Voting ID laws vary from state to state, but if you have ID, bring it. To find out the details, check out your state's info at http://www.866ourvote.org/state.
* You can also find more information by calling or checking out the website of your state election official. Look up their contact information here: http://pol.moveon.org/votinginfo2010.htm...
What if something goes wrong?
* Not on the voter list? Make sure you're at the right polling place, then ask for a provisional ballot.
* Need legal help? Call 1-866-OUR-VOTE or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
On your ballot
* The League of Young Voters has put together a site where groups and individuals can post do-it-yourself voter guides. Check out your state here:http://theballot.org/
And a quote to remind us all how important it is to vote today...
"Because if everyone who fought for change in 2008 shows up to vote in 2010, we will win this election, I'm confident that we will." --President Barack Obama
SHARE this widely***
And post on Facebook & Twitter by clicking below:
Showing most recent comments first
[Show in chronological order instead]
And Now for Something Completely Different
- Blog RSS feed
- Comments RSS feed
Hot topicsGoodnight Sweet Prince
(3 ~ 11:45 AM, Aug 15)
The More Things Change The More They Stay The Same
It Begins ... Again