Drug charges result in 18-month prison sentenceMcCOOK, Neb. — A Cambridge woman has been sentenced to prison on drug charges following arrests in late 2016 and in 2017. On March 5, Lisa D. Kershaw, 47, was sentenced to 18 months in state prison...
Chamber board cuts membership, adds advisory committeeMcCOOK, Neb. — The McCook Area Chamber of Commerce board of directors will have two fewer members, following action by the board. Two ex-officio seats will be eliminated, dropping the number on the...
Annual farm sale takes temperature of ag economyCULBERTSON, Neb. — The warm sunshine Wednesday afternoon felt good to Gordon Gessleman of Culbertson, hosting his 30th annual spring-time farm equipment consignment auction. And things were selling...
- State budget: Something for everyone to hate
- McCook woman runs for county commissioner (3/21/18)
- Grant deadline approaching (3/21/18)
- Wauneta, St. Pat's students take best of show in McCook (3/21/18)1
- Tree rebates available (3/21/18)
- GROW Nebraska, Central Plains Foundation honored (3/21/18)
- Council extends airport least contract three years (3/20/18)
- Preschool registration April 6 in Culbertson (3/20/18)
- Pheasants Forever Youth Council concentrates on habitat, education (3/20/18)
- City weighs option with burned house (3/20/18)
- McCook youth wrestler wins stateGRAND ISLAND, Neb. — McCook Youth Club finished the season strong with a state championship and three medals at last weekend’s Nebraska USA Wrestling Meet. Sammy Graham could be a force to watch for future Bison teams as he won a 47-48 pound state title in the prekindergarten-kindergarten division...
- MCC women take two with last at-bats (3/22/18)
- Forgottens need to be reunited (3/22/18)
- Wolves unleash outdoor season with home meet (3/22/18)
- Weather shortens season-opener for Lady Bison tennis (3/21/18)
- Top 25 MCC golfers take aim at title (3/21/18)
- Trojans fight off Indian comeback (3/21/18)
- Messinger spikes keep unbeaten pace with Hauxwell (3/21/18)
Big Flavor for the Big GameWhen hosting a game-day party, you'd think the focus would be on the score or the award-winning commercials, but it's actually a great reason to indulge in flavor-filled bites. When the big day rolls around, let your guests obsess over the game while you serve up ooey-gooey dips, saucy wings and football-themed desserts that can keep them happily glued to their seats...
Throw a Christmas Cookie PartyThe next best thing to baking cookies for many home chefs is baking cookies with friends. Dust off your favorite recipes, create a festive playlist and fill your home with the tantalizing aroma of baked goodies for the ultimate Christmas cookie party...
David Corey (3/22/18)David Corey Jan. 11, 1955 - March 20, 2018 LINCOLN, Neb. — David Corey, age 63, passed away Tuesday, March 20, 2018 at his home in Lincoln. Services are pending withCarpenter Breland Funeral Home in...
N.W. “Jerry” Solomon (3/22/18)N.W. “Jerry” Solomon April 26, 1927 - March 19, 2018 LINCOLN, Neb. — N.W. “Jerry” Solomon, 90, of Lincoln, passed away peacefully at home with his family on Monday, March 19, 2018. He was born on...
Robert Floyd “Bob” Ross (3/22/18)Robert Floyd “Bob” Ross Feb. 26, 1932 - March 17, 2018 CULBERTSON, Neb. — Robert Floyd “Bob” Ross of Culbertson passed away Saturday, March 17, 2018, at El Dorado Manor in Trenton. He was 86 years...
Joanne Marie Wesch (3/20/18)Joanne Marie Wesch Aug. 27, 1933 - March 9, 2018 COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. — Joanne Marie Wesch, 84, died March 9, 2018, at Colorado Springs. She married Floyd H (FH) Wesch on June 16, 1957. She was an...
Joya Sheryl (Weems) Neville (3/20/18)Joya Sheryl (Weems) Neville June 5, 1957 - March 16, 2018 GRANT, Neb. -- Joya Sheryl (Weems) Neville, 60, of Grant, died Friday, March 16, 2018. Neville was born June 5, 1957, in Hays, Kan....
Kathryn Ann Hileman (3/20/18)Kathryn Ann Hileman Sept. 2, 1923 - Feb. 15, 2018 CEDAR HILL, TEXAS — Kathryn Ann Hileman of Cedar Hill, died Feb.15, 2018. She was born in Beaver City, Neb., on Sept. 2, 1923 to Wade and Flora...
Editorial: Determination that let homesteaders thrive survives in modern agriculture (3/22/18)To outsiders, Nebraska can be something to be endured, rolling through the flattest part of the state on Interstate 80, peering out of a window when momentarily awakened during an early-morning...
Letter to the Editor: Downtown parking, museum opportunity? (3/22/18)Parking in downtown McCook has been a concern of mine for many years. The City has addressed this issue in various ways over the years by creating city-owned parking lots and, more recently,...
AuctiondMon.,Apr. 2, 2018 1:00 pm Windmill Angus Ranch Annual Production Sale 2 miles east of Haigler, NE on Hwy 34 223 Head sell: 59 Registered two year old bulls; 8 Registered Fall Bulls; 25 Registered Yearling Bulls; 11 Registered Open Heifers; 120 Open Commercial heifers. DV Auction See Gazette: 03/22/2018
Help WantedThe City of McCook is accepting applications for BASKET HELP for the 2018 pool season. Applicants must be at least 14 years old. Starting wage: $6.75/hour. Applicants ages 14 and 15 will be required by the State of Nebraska to complete an Employment Certificate. Contact the Human Resource Officer at 345-2022 ext. 220 with questions or go to www.cityofmccook.com for more info. Applications will be accepted at the McCook City Office, 505 West C, McCook, NE or at email@example.com until 4:00...
LivestockGelbvieh & Balancer Bulls Out do the rest when you buy the best! Coyote Ridge Ranch now offering: Yearling and 2 year old pure bred blacks and reds. Free Delivery within 100 miles! Call now: 785-475-2808 785-470-7461
Miscellaneous for SaleWaterright, impression series water softener. King mattress & box springs. Both like new. 345-3013