Mosquito spraying Wednesday, depending on weather (7/17/18)McCOOK, Neb. — Depending on the weather, the City of McCook will be spraying for mosquitoes either the morning of or the evening of Wednesday July 18, 2018. Although the chemical used is not harmful...
It's in the bag (7/17/18)
Patrol cruiser struck near Benkelman; third in month (7/17/18)NORTH PLATTE, Neb. — For the third time in less than a month, an NSP cruiser has been hit by another vehicle. The latest incident occurred in the afternoon hours of Monday, July 16, when a trooper...
GIS mapping to begin later this month (7/17/18)McCOOK, Neb. — If you see a blue flag on your lawn, don’t be alarmed. That’s because it’s identifying a water valve or curb stop that the city and the company, GIS Workshop, are locating for the...
- Southern visitor (7/16/18)
- Car enthusiasts drool over entries at annual Crazy Days Car Show (7/16/18)
- Childhood 4-H influences led to career for new extension educator (7/16/18)
- Harvest winding down (7/13/18)
- Attempted train hijacker pleads guilty (7/13/18)
- City GIS web page update moving forward (7/13/18)
- Patty's 'park' (7/12/18)
- Shellie and Shelley go shopping (7/12/18)
- Commissioners get earful on property valuations (7/12/18)
- Crazy Days winner (7/12/18)
- Working to the big debut at Weiland!McCook Football League players were in full pads and getting their final practices before the 2018 season officially kicks off at Weiland Field Thursday night. McCook High players are providing instruction. The season begins with Redskins and Eagle fifth/sixth graders playing a 6:30 p.m. game at Weiland Thursday. Chiefs and Ravens seventh/eighth graders follow at 8 p.m. The season schedule appeared in Friday’s Gazette...
- MNB slips to No. 2 seed for area tourney (7/17/18)
- Cornhusker Games still have openings (7/17/18)
- Points race picking up at Speedway (7/17/18)
- Chalkin' up league championships (7/16/18)
- Juniors have quick stay at state tourney (7/16/18)
- Alliance takes two from MNB Seniors (7/16/18)
- Blessed Bison athlete reaches National Junior Olympics (7/13/18)
Melvin LaRue Miner (7/17/18)Melvin LaRue Miner April 15, 1927 - July 14, 2018 GRAND ISLAND, Neb. — Melvin LaRue Miner, 91, of Grand Island, formerly of McCook, passed away on Saturday, July 14, 2018. To honor Melvin’s wishes,...
Fern Maxine Reiners (7/16/18)
Samuel J. Solko (7/13/18)Samuel J. Solko May 6, 1942 - July 11, 2018 ATWOOD, Kan. — Samuel J. Solko, 76, of Ludell, Kan., died Wednesday (July 11, 2018), at Good Samaritan Society in Atwood, Kan. He was born May 6, 1942, in...
Marilyn Irene Gaster (7/13/18)Marilyn Irene Gaster Nov. 26, 1949 - July 12, 2018 INDIANOLA, Neb. — Marilyn Irene Gaster of Indianola passed away Thursday, July 12, 2018, at Hillcrest Nursing Home after a courageous battle with...
Joyce Price (7/12/18)
Thelma “Myrt” Burtch Dunn-Howard (7/12/18)Thelma “Myrt” Burtch Dunn-Howard Aug. 29, 1925 - May 4, 2018 LINCOLN, Neb. — Thelma “Myrt” Geraldine Burtch Dunn-Howard died on May 4, 2018, in her home. A Celebration of Life is Saturday, July 14,...
Letter to the Editor: Medicaid expansion is a disaster (7/17/18)1Those wishing to expand Medicaid under Obamacare in Nebraska are working double time. After coming up short in the legislature, supporters are now eyeing a ballot initiative on the November ballot....
Editorial: CBD, hemp finally getting chance to prove their value (7/17/18)Cannabidiol is still technically illegal in Nebraska, but President Trump signed the Agriculture Improvement Act of 2018, which removes hemp from the Controlled Substances Act, and thus derivatives...
Help WantedPart-time position now available. Must have dependable transportation, be in good health, able to lift 50 lbs, and able to multitask. Must have patience and a love of pets. Will train right person. Apply in person at Pet Pros.
Card of Thanks
Thank youThank you to all of you that shared my 90th Birthday with your beautiful cards, notes, calls, and visits. We both enjoyed them. We miss you! Shirley Hunt and Ivan too!
For Rent3 bdrm House at 810 West 12th, 2 bath, single garage, basement. $875 + deposit, no pets, call 308-340-7588
Help WantedNow Hiring Full and Part-Time Farm Help in the Imperial, NE area. All experience levels are encouraged to apply. Call or Text Jeff Wallin 308-883-8923.