The Thinkery and Third Thursday
New grocer offers quality Mexican cuts and imports (7/19/19)McCOOK, Neb. — If you've struggled to replicate your favorite Mexican dish at home, McCook's newest downtown business might just have the missing ingredient you've been looking for. The deli at...
Donation to Pantry (7/19/19)Dick Neel, center, McCook Pantry coordinator, accepts at $2,700 check from Sharon Bohling, right, church council president at Our Savior’s Lutheran Church in McCook. Also shown is Fran Allacher,...
'Remember all this' (7/19/19)Hitchcock County 4-H'er 13-year-old Katie Jarecke of Culbertson visits with judge Lee Schroeder of West Point during intermediate hog showmanship on the county fairgrounds in Culbertson this morning....
'Session With the Senator' set for Saturday (7/19/19)McCOOK, Neb. -- Andy Long of the McCook Economic Development Corp. will present a “Session With the Senator” the George W. Norris Home, 706 Norris Ave., from 2 to 3 p.m. Saturday. His topic will be...
- Nicest Place in America -- Change at bakery needed, successful (7/19/19)
- 'Wild Horse Ministries' (7/18/19)
- 'Nicest Place in America' -- Caring neighbors may not be unique, but only in McCook can Mr. Bill be found (7/18/19)
- Summer flu 'cluster' adding to hot weather misery (7/18/19)
- Omaha salesman shares 'Nicest Place' opinion (7/17/19)
- MPD receives grant for radar units, in-car camera (7/17/19)
- Miniature Herefords earn full-scale honors for McCook woman (7/17/19)
- City to stage sundown assault on mosquitoes (7/17/19)
- 'Third Thursday' proving popular Chamber event (7/17/19)
- Nicest Place in America -- Players don't hesitate to go to bat for hospitalized teammate (7/16/19)
- Great teamwork setting it up for state at McCookMcCOOK, Neb. — Brrrr...a massive cold front hitting McCook this weekend should only add to joy of something no resident has seen since Ronald Reagan or all-time Royals great George Brett’s glory days. After today’s expected high of 105, temps will be more 80s-like starting Saturday — just in time to greet fans arriving from Omaha, Alliance, Beatrice and four other communities...
- Chances to donate remain at MCC (7/19/19)
- Who plays who in MFL this summer? (7/19/19)
- Wrapping up the Bison Tennis Camp (7/19/19)
- McCook Juniors have ruled state tourney site (7/18/19)
- Huskers being picked to win the West? (7/18/19)
- McCook Football League season openers on Friday (7/18/19)
- More Bison Tennis Camp champs (7/18/19)
Bette Jo Tompkins (7/17/19)
Connie R. Cross (7/17/19)Connie R. Cross Nov. 1, 1938 - June 17, 2019 NICEVILLE, Fla. — Connie R. Cross, 80, died June 17, 2019, at Twin Cities Hospital in Niceville. She was born Nov. 1, 1938, near Edison, Neb., to Ray...
Carrol Sue (Goddard) Clapp (7/16/19)Carrol Sue (Goddard) Clapp June 30, 1954 - July 14, 2019 KEARNEY, Neb. — Carrol Sue (Goddard) Clapp, 65, formerly of Culbertson, Neb., died Sunday (July 14, 2019) at Good Samaritan Hospital in...
Joseph Deck Estermann (7/15/19)Joseph Deck Estermann July 25, 1924 - July 11, 2019 WELLFLEET, Neb. — Joseph Deck Estermann, age 94 years, 11 months, and 16 days of Wellfleet, passed away July 11, 2019, at Linden Court. Joe was...
Arletta B. Matthews (7/15/19)Arletta B. Matthews Aug. 8, 1929 - July 13, 2019 INDIANOLA, Neb. — Arletta B. Matthews, age 89, of Indianola, passed away Saturday, July 13, 2019, at El Dorado Manor in Trenton, Neb. Arletta was born...
Gary Lee Barth (7/12/19)Gary Lee Barth Oct. 11, 1947 - July 11, 2019 CULBERTSON, Neb. — Gary Lee Barth of Culbertson passed away Thursday, July 11, 2019, at Kearney Regional Hospital after a courageous battle with cancer. ...
Letter to the Editor: A shoplifting incident in wartime Denver (7/19/19)Between 1939 and 1945, America was experiencing the effects of World War II. Families were recovering from the Great Depression. My parents and I lived in an older neighborhood in Denver. They lived...
Editorial: Where were you on July 20, 1969 (7/18/19)Gazette Editor Bruce Crosby posed the question on Facebook: “Where were you when you saw Neil Armstrong walk on the moon?” We’ll share some of the responses here: Bruce Hoffman -- Watching in a...
Garage Sales312 E 4th Sat. 8-2 Multi-Family Sale Clothing, Traeger, patio set, hunting/fishing, 2004 Ford Excursion, toddler bed, misc.
Help WantedThe Bureau of Reclamation is currently seeking a Supervisory Civil Engineer (Hydrologic). Position is located in McCook, NE. This is a full-time position. Job closes July 31, 2019. To apply, please go to www.usajobs.gov. The Bureau of Reclamation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
AuctionSale date: Sat. Aug. 3 Time: 9:30 am Person having sale: Murlin & Luella Krizek Location: 4-H Building, Red Willow Fairgrounds, McCook, NE Main Items for Sale: Antiques, Collectibles, 64 Ranchero, 54 Ford F-100, 76 Enduro Motorcycle, Coins, Tools, Furniture, Household, Livestock Equipment, Miscellaneous. Auctioneer Co: Youngs Auction Service See Big Nickel: 6/19/19
Office SpaceLarge 5800 sq. ft building for rent. Can remodel to suit your needs. Off Street parking included. Call 308-340-7728 for information.
- Mueller's testimony poses risk for Trump, but also Democrats
- Trump's 'go back' remark: In workplace, it might be illegal
- Some asylum seekers forced to wait in Mexico help each other
- Native Hawaiians say telescope represents bigger struggle
- Hot weather is intensifying hold on much of East, Central US