Frosty mornings (1/16/19)Hoarfrost Monday morning softens the shapes of cottonwood trees and a windmill tower south of McCook. Forecasters predicted freezing fog and drizzle for most of the day today.
Inventor with McCook ties wins national award (1/16/19)MCCOOK, Neb. — Rebecca Richards-Kortum, the daughter of Larry and Linda Richards of McCook, has been inducted into the National Inventors Hall of Fame for 2019. She was recognized for creating...
Active community volunteer retires after 45-year career at MNB Bank (1/16/19)1McCOOK, Neb. -- After more than half a century of serving the financial needs of people in the McCook area, Jim Hamill is retiring. Jim, who is well known throughout the community, got his start in...
TeamMates, Industrial Tech topics at school board meeting (1/16/19)McCOOK, Neb. — Presentations given at the McCook Board of Education Monday night included those from the industrial tech program and the McCook Chapter of TeamMates. Tom Sughroue and Jake Curl,...
- Transparency goal of changes at school business office (1/16/19)
- Matching funds awarded for bridge replacement (1/15/19)
- School board officers elected, members sworn in (1/15/19)
- Mary Ann Downing-Schwerdt (1/15/19)
- New auto shop opening soon (1/14/19)
- School officials pleased but perplexed about school rankings (1/14/19)
- Denver Police Department offers advice to Stock Show attendees (1/11/19)
- Tennessee man arrested after driving on rims on I-80 (1/11/19)
- Crop production roadshow coming to West-Central Nebraska (1/11/19)
- Beaver City, Stratton awarded CDBG funding (1/11/19)
- McCook girls tough enough to fight off 'MaidsMcCOOK, Neb. — Black eye, schmack eye! McCook’s Liviya Wier could still see ultimate victory awaiting her coast-to-coast dash past four Lexington Minutemaids with seconds remaining Tuesday night.. Or maybe not! “I have no idea how that happened,” the sophomore guard said as her Bison were barely leading 39-37. “Coach said ‘if you got it, go!’ So I passed two of them and thought I’m gonna go.”...
- Minutemen fire past Bison boys (1/16/19)
- Air Force bank shot beats MCC, 81-80 (1/16/19)
- McCook Legion baseball elections tonight (1/16/19)
- Bison swimmers-divers fruitful at Lincoln (1/16/19)
- Bison freshmen top Trojans, 51-50 (1/16/19)
- Raiders join DC-S, Falcon girls among winners (1/16/19)
- Minutemen and 'Maids will challenge Bison teams tonight (1/15/19)
Cohleen Nienhueser (1/16/19)Cohleen Nienhueser KEARNEY, Neb. — Cohleen Nienhueser, 85, of Kearney, was carried home by her Lord and Savior supported by family and friends on Monday, Jan. 14, 2019, at CHI Health-Good Samaritan...
Ila Marie Schutz (1/16/19)Ila Marie Schutz Sept. 12, 1941 - Jan. 14, 2019 CAMBRIDGE, Neb. — Ila Marie Schutz, age 77, of Cambridge passed away at the Cambridge Manor on Jan. 14, 2019. She was born in Norton, Kan., on Sept....
Mary Ann Downing-Schwerdt (1/16/19)Mary Ann Downing-Schwerdt June 5, 1929 - Jan. 13, 2019 STRATTON, Neb. — Mary Ann Downing-Schwerdt was the third daughter born to Joseph Anton and Marie Anna (Podskubka) Vachuta on the family farm in...
Lois G. May (1/15/19)Lois G. May March 26, 1920 - Jan. 12, 2019 HAYES CENTER, Neb. — Lois G. May, 98, of Hayes Center, passed away Jan. 12, 2019, at St. Luke’s Care Center in Kearney. The oldest of six children, Lois was...
Dawn C. Salyer (1/15/19)Dawn C. Salyer Aug. 27, 1982 - Jan. 10, 2019 KEARNEY, Neb. — Dawn C. Salyer, 36, of Kearney, passed away on Thursday, Jan. 10, 2019, at her home. Funeral services will be on Friday, Jan. 18, 2019, at...
Donna Haines (1/14/19)
Editorial: Federal shutdown puts spotlight on personal finances (1/16/19)We see the stories as the federal shutdown drags on. Canadian air traffic controllers buying pizzas for their colleagues south of the border, federal employees forced to work for nothing, leaving...
Editorial: Freedom of speech, religious freedom cut from same cloth (1/15/19)Accused of being “the enemy of the people” and threatened with overturning long-established law assuring freedom to openly criticize American leadership, journalists might be forgiven for forgetting...
Miscellaneous for SaleLooking for female companion. Age 55-70, in the McCook area. Call Terry at 308-345-7982 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
For Rent4-plex, Indianola. 2 Bdrm Ga. Cntr Air. 308-375-4334
AuctioncSat.,Jan. 26th, 2019 10:00 AM Three Family Auction 4-H Building, Red Willow Fair Grounds, McCook, NE 1958 GMC 100 Pick-up- good shape, Antiques, Collectibles, Furniture, Household, Yard, Snowblower, Wood Burning Stoves, Gun, Miscellaneous Youngs Auction Service See Big Nickel: 01/11/2019
Help WantedBSB Construction, Inc. is looking for an individual who is motivated to work in our shop on heavy equipment. Some experience preferred but willing to train the right individual. Go online to bsbinc.net for an application or give us a call at 308-367-4336. EOE