All aboard for Christmas (11/13/18)
2018 Big Give Thursday includes special events (11/13/18)McCOOK, Neb. — With the 2018 Big Give McCook just a few days away, the 23 non-profit organizations are gearing up for a full day of activities and, hopefully, a full day of philanthropy. Big Give...
Board member: Students should look at tech, trades (11/13/18)1McCOOK, Neb. — A McCook Board of Education member emphasized the need for students to be aware of careers in the technical trade. Loretta Hauxwell, the board member, noted from a survey of McCook...
School audit: Revenue down, expenses up (11/13/18)1McCOOK, Neb. — The McCook Public School district’s net position, compared to last year, has dropped by half a million dollars. McCook School’s business manager John Brazil presented the audit done by...
- ACE Hardware donation to TeamMates (11/12/18)
- Teamwork (11/12/18)
- Family Resource Center dedicates 'Big Give' proceeds to late volunteer (11/12/18)
- Airport advisory board to reorganize, review $1M project (11/12/18)
- Park Avenue project planned (11/9/18)
- EDC, pool OK'd (11/9/18)
- I pledge allegiance (11/9/18)
- Donations on school agenda (11/9/18)
- Luck of the draw, roll of the dice to determine Hamlet winner (11/9/18)
- EDC, pook OK'd in Cambridge (11/9/18)
- Bison alum adding to Husker spirit SaturdayNebraska scored early and never lost its hold on the 54-35 Big Ten victory over Illinois on Saturday which means Big Red now owns a three-game winning streak at Memorial Stadium. McCook High 2018 alum Haiden Loop got a good look at the highlights while helping keep fans fired up with Nebraska’s other Spirit Squad performers. Loop finished her McCook Bison athletic career by making Class B state in both softball and track/field during the 2017-18 school year...
- Huskers were so close to bowl run (11/12/18)
- Indians split a pair of tight contests (11/12/18)
- MCC men too sharp for Lancers (11/12/18)
- Future Husker leads state win over Trojans (11/9/18)
- Top state tourney performers for Trojans, Eagles (11/9/18)
- MCC men take first defeat of season (11/9/18)
- Bison foes battle in Class B semis (11/9/18)
Nancy A. Ott (11/12/18)Nancy A. Ott McCOOK, Neb — Nancy A. Ott, 66, of McCook, died Sunday (Nov. 11, 2018), in McCook. Funeral services are pending with Carpenter-Breland Funeral Home of McCook.
Ramona “Linda” Stastny (11/9/18)Ramona “Linda” Stastny Sept. 6, 1930 - Nov. 6, 2018 LINCOLN, Neb. — Ramona “Linda” Stastny, 88, of Lincoln, passed away peacefully on Tuesday, Nov. 6, 2018. She is survived by one daughter, Seri, of...
Beverly Jean (Polly) Graves (11/8/18)
Leila Fries (11/7/18)
Kevin J. Carstensen (11/6/18)Kevin J. Carstensen March 16, 1987 - Nov. 4, 2018 COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa — Kevin J. Carstensen, age 31, of Council Bluffs, died on Nov. 4, 2018. He was born in North Platte, Neb., on March 16, 1987. ...
Sheila Rae Moore (11/6/18)Sheila Rae Moore Nov. 20, 1949 - Nov. 3, 2018 ARAPAHOE, Neb. — Sheila Rae Moore, 68, of Arapahoe, died Saturday (Nov. 3, 2018), at CHI Good Samaritan Hospital in Kearney, Neb. She was born Nov. 20,...
Editorial: Want to honor our veterans? Put their skills to work (11/12/18)Cruise social media today and you’ll see many Veterans Day posts honoring those who have served in the military. We owe much to them, not least of which is the opportunity to prosper under our form...
Editorial: Let's not forget original reason for Veterans Day (11/8/18)A number of schools plan special Veterans Day ceremonies Friday honoring those who have served in the military, in anticipation of Sunday’s official Nov. 11 observance. There’s no shortage of war...
Local Drivers NeededLocal drivers needed to haul wet distillers in SW NE and NW KS. Home Nightly. 5 day work week. Must have Class A CDL. Weekly settlements. Call 308-340-0503.
Help WantedPART-TIME DISPATCHER. The City of McCook is accepting applications for (1) Part-Time Dispatcher (20 hr/week) for the McCook Police Department. Applicants should possess good written and oral communication skills, type at least 40 WPM, be organized and able to handle multi-task work. Successful applicant will need to pass a written exam, pre-employment drug screening and criminal history check. Shift Work. Salary range: $13.68 - $18.63/hr. First review of applicants will be Monday, November...
Help WantedPART-TIME DISPATCHER. City of McCook is accepting applications for (1) Part-Time Dispatcher (32 hr/week) for the McCook Police Department. Applicants should possess good written and oral communication skills, type at least 40 WPM, be organized and able to handle multi-task work. Successful applicant will need to pass a written exam, pre-employment drug screening and criminal history check. Excellent medical, dental, and life insurance benefits and employer match pension plan. Shift Work....
Help WantedCommunity Action Head Start has an opening for a Teacher's Aide. Join the Community Action team and make a difference in the lives of children and families! For more detailed information, or an application, visit www.communityactionmidne.com and click on the Careers link at the top of the homepage. Application deadline 11/20/18. EOE/AA.