MCC program offers mentors to business studentsMcCOOK, Neb. — A new mentoring program at McCook Community College can be a win-win for businesses and students alike. Called the “Success Mentor Program” (SMP), it will pair college students once a...
Colorado man sentenced for counterfeit credit card schemeMcCOOK, Neb. — One of two people arrested in connection with a counterfeit credit card scheme, believed to have resulted in just shy of $7,000 in losses for area businesses, was sentenced to jail...
- Woman posing as child protective services worker seeks entrance to homes in Omaha, Holdrege (8/16/17)
- Suspicious death under investigation (8/16/17)
- UNK makes move to solar energy (8/16/17)
- Drunk driver found asleep at wheel set for sentencing on third offense DUI (8/16/17)
- School board passes resolution on option students (8/16/17)
- Officials work to keep arena, fairgrounds budgets separate (8/16/17)
- School ponders cut in state aid (8/16/17)1
- School board accepts donation of football game pants (8/16/17)
- Woman receives probation for attempted meth possession (8/15/17)
- Air Base historian concerned about trespassing (8/15/17)
- Back in black! Bison golfers face three foes (8/16/17)
- Oh no, school again?! Gotta love it (8/16/17)
- After last year's playoff appearance, DCS ready for greater heights in 2017 (8/15/17)
- Area teams get busy starting Thursday (8/15/17)
- Superhero Saturday race set for McCook (8/15/17)
- Brunching with Bison: big team debuted Saturday (8/14/17)
- Double Bison trouble: McCook returns two state qualifiers (8/14/17)
Reach new heights with a reinvented burgerText your friends, dust off your apron and fire up the grill. It’s time to throw a barbecue party that won’t sink your summer budget. You can find everything you’ll need at a one-stop shop like ALDI. With savings up to 50 percent over traditional grocers, you can fill your cart with summer essentials like fresh seasonal produce, premium meats and award-winning wines...
POP-ular Summer SnacksFrom casual gatherings with friends to outdoor athletic activities and leisurely time at home, all of the best summer pastimes have one thing in common: tasty snacks make them more enjoyable. Light, airy and fresh popcorn is a perfect summer snack. It's naturally low in fat and calories, non-GMO and gluten free - all the makings of an ideal guilt-free treat. ...
- Anniversary announcement
- Birth announcement
- Birthday announcement
- Blogger signup
- Death notice form
- Employment Application
- Engagement announcement
- Request ad file
- Submit a photo
- Submit a story or a story idea
- Submit your event for our Calendar of Events
- Wedding announcement
- Weekend Menu submission
- Whiskers, ETC. submission
Veda Heisel (8/16/17)Veda Heisel OBERLIN, Kan. — Veda Heisel, of Lenora, Kan., 98, died Sunday (Aug. 13, 2017). Services are pending with Pauls Funeral Home in Oberlin.
Opal Agnes Dolan (8/16/17)Opal Agnes Dolan Aug. 31, 1926 - Aug. 15, 2017 CAMBRIDGE, Neb. — Opal Agnes Dolan, age 90, passed away Tuesday, Aug. 15, 2017, at the Cambridge Manor in Cambridge. Opal was born on Aug. 31, 1926, to...
Robert Eugene Henthorn (8/15/17)
Ervain John Friehe (8/14/17)Ervain John Friehe June 25, 1924 - Aug. 13, 2017 LOVELAND, Colo. — Ervain John Friehe, 93, died Sunday (Aug. 13, 2017), at the Medical Center of the Rockies in Loveland. Services are pending...
Robert William Tiller (8/14/17)Robert William Tiller Jan 20, 1930 - Aug. 10, 2017 McCOOK, Neb. — Robert William Tiller, 87, of McCook, left this world on Aug. 10, 2017, while visiting family near Fort Collins, Colo. Bob was born...
Quinnley Marie Taylor (8/14/17)Quinnley Marie Taylor Feb. 16, 2009 - Aug. 11, 2017 OBERLIN, Kan. — Quinnley Marie Taylor, beloved daughter of Scott and Denise (Carter) Taylor, passed away into the arms of Jesus on Aug. 11, 2017,...
Editorial: Predator case reminds parents to remain vigilant (8/16/17)It’s a transition time for many families, with McCook children heading off to school today, offering new adventures and challenges for both the students and their parents. Just how much freedom...
Editorial: Lightning killing fewer of us, but caution in order (8/15/17)Lightning safety awareness week was back in June, but Southwest Nebraska seems to be having more lightning events now as we head into a season when large groups of us are outdoors — football season....
For Rent4 Bdrm., 4 bath, 2 car garage home. $750/plus deposit, Appliances Incld. 402-305-2795
Help WantedCashiers & Waitresses, Apply in person at Fuller's Family Restaurant at 110 Norris. Ask for Linda or Val.
Help WantedPATROL OFFICER - CITY OF MCCOOK, NEBRASKA is accepting applications and resumes (both required) for one Patrol Officer in accordance with McCook Civil Service Act. Applicants must be able to pass background investigation. Psychological evaluation and drug test required for applicants determined eligible for hire by the McCook Civil Service Commission. Law enforcement experience preferred, not required. Must become Nebraska-certified Law enforcement officer within one year. Starting salary...
Help WantedMy Family Vision Clinic is hiring full time front desk/technician. Please apply in person at 212 West 9th Street.