MCC hosts veterans for MIA-POW Day event (9/21/18)"You are not forgotten was the theme when McCook Community College and the student Veteran's group "Stars and Stripes" hosted Veterans and their families at a POW-MIA Day ceremony Friday on campus....
Honoring POWs (9/21/18)
State Patrol safely destroys grenade, World War II-era rocket (9/21/18)LINCOLN, Neb. — Hazardous Device Technicians with the Nebraska State Patrol have destroyed two potentially dangerous explosive devices found this week. The first device was located by the owners of a...
New playground equipment at St. Pat's (9/21/18)
- Flu shot clinics slated (9/21/18)
- MHS wins $30K EdQuest grant (9/21/18)
- Text-to-911 system starts Monday, limited to Red Willow County (9/21/18)
- Friends continue to plan benefit as tribute to late Kenny Johnson (9/20/18)
- Participants named for Lead 38 (9/20/18)
- McCook judges rate high in evaluation by attorneys (9/20/18)
- Meet and greet set Monday for new MCC VP (9/20/18)
- Numbers up for Heritage Days (9/20/18)
- New foundation director (9/19/18)
- State honors Curtis for innovative housing plan, business growth (9/19/18)
- Birthday Bison sparks win over LexingtonMcCook High senior Seth Dugger delivered the classic "scoop and score" fumble return which highlighted a 31-0 Bison second quarter in Friday's 48-6 win over Lexington at Weiland Field. Dugger dashed about 50 yards for the touchdown and another Trae Koetter PAT kick made it 27-6. ...
- Tigers, Longhorns take charge of DC-S races (9/21/18)
- McCook golfers finding groove with two medals (9/21/18)
- Bison blast through home tennis finale (9/21/18)
- Cougars bite down on MCC win streak (9/21/18)
- Broncos fight off Wolves, Eagles sweep (9/21/18)
- Top 10 Trojans top Arapahoe for 10th win (9/21/18)
- Mother's storm erases Bison diamond 'W' (9/21/18)
Faith Elizabeth Wilson (9/21/18)Faith Elizabeth Wilson OBERLIN, Kan. — Faith Elizabeth Wilson, infant, died Sunday (Sept. 16, 2018), at Good Samaritan Hospital in Kearney, Neb. She was born Sept 16, 2018, in Kearney to Chris and...
Kenneth “Kenny” Johnson (9/21/18)Kenneth “Kenny” Johnson HAYES CENTER, Neb. — Kenneth “Kenny” Johnson, 55, of Hayes Center, died Wednesday (Sept. 19, 2018), at Great Plains Health Service in North Platte, Neb. Survivors include...
LaDonna J. Larreau (9/21/18)LaDonna J. Larreau March 13, 1937 - Sept. 20, 2018 McCOOK, Neb. — LaDonna J. Larreau of McCook, age 81, passed away Thursday, Sept. 20, 2018, at Hillcrest Nursing Home. LaDonna was born at Cambridge,...
Debra Dee Cemer-Zajicek (9/21/18)Debra Dee Cemer-Zajicek Oct. 12, 1955 - Sept. 20, 2018 LINCOLN, Neb. — Debra Dee Cemer-Zajicek, age 62, entered eternal rest on Sept. 20, 2018, at Lincoln. Debra was born on Oct. 12, 1955, in...
Shelby Lee (Kamer) Cano (9/20/18)Shelby Lee (Kamer) Cano March 9, 1956 - June 16, 2018 OMAHA, Neb. — Shelby Lee (Kamer) Cano, 62, of Omaha, died June 16, 2018. She was born in Pana, Ill., on March 9, 1956, and grew up in McCook,...
Marilyn Meyers (9/20/18)Marilyn Meyers FORT COLLINS, Colo. —Marilyn Meyers, formerly of McCook, Neb., died Sept. 17, 2018, at Morning Star Retirement Home in Fort Collins. She graduated from McCook High School in 1956. She...
Editorial: The backbone of the community (9/20/18)Retailers are the backbone of any community. Most people got their first jobs at a retail establishment, whether that was within the food industry or some other retail outlet. Retailers are the...
Editorial: 'Lawnmower parents' latest disturbing trend (9/19/18)Earlier this year, we wrote about a trend in England that no doubt raises alarm among certain American parents, who we’ll discuss later. While our school playgrounds all contain UL-approved soft...
Miscellaneous for SaleFor sale:Lots of men's 4X clothes, Bruno mobility lift, large size air compressor, wood stove with triple wall pipe. Call 308-340-7333
Help WantedFrenchman Cambridge Irrigation District is accepting application for a full-time Ditch-rider. Please contact Frenchman Cambridge Irrigation District at 1310 West Highway 6&34, P.O. Box 116 Cambridge Ne. 69022 or phone (308) 697-4535 for an application or download from www.fcidwater.com
Campers2005 29 ft Trail Lite pull type camper. 1 slide out. Call 308-340-7333
Help WantedAgriculture in Motion is currently hiring a Full Time driver to haul ag commodities in the Cambridge area. Home nightly. Applicant must have Class A CDL, Clean MVR and 2 years experience. Contact Tyson at 308-340-2617