- California solar panel mandate bears watching (2/19/19)
- Proposed small change could have big long-term results (2/12/19)
- Take the long view on your tax returns (2/11/19)
- It's a good time to catch up on those classics you missed (2/7/19)
- Effort aims to keep more food dollars in state (2/6/19)
- Fort McPherson National Cemetery holds special place (2/5/19)
- Brewers get heartburn from corn backlash (2/4/19)
North Highway 83 development taking off
There have been some fits and starts over the years, but now North Highway 83 development seems to be taking off.
New signs and outdoor inventory indicate that the Tractor Supply Co. is nearly ready to open in Westview Plaza, helping make the area a vibrant business center for McCook, with groceries, fast food, movies, videogames and clothing within walking distance, and Lewis Motor Sports' new building adding to the excitement.
If plans for the new Holiday Inn come to fruition as expected, it will join the two existing hotels and the Cobblestone Inn under construction to create an important hospitality area for our community, with Barnett's, Samway Furniture and a recently expanded Orscheln Farm & Home welcoming visitors as well.
Add implement dealers, a walk-in clinic and pharmacy, irrigation services, fine dining, banking, bowling and a nearby top-tier golf course, and McCook has a lot to offer travelers exploring U.S. Highway 83.
The highway already has a third "chicken" lane out to the Work Ethic Camp, but if growth continues, the dream of four lanes along Highway 83 might become a reality -- at least along that stretch of the road.
Check out our annual Progress editions throughout next week for stories about other new and expanding businesses. If you have information to be included, email email@example.com