- Even a mismatched vaccine is better than no shot at all (1/17/20)
- Mentors get results, but caring about kids is their top priority (1/16/20)
- Electro-economy continues to gain steam ... er, watts (1/15/20)
- Incentives to put felons to work worth a try (1/13/20)
- Community colleges in good position to help single moms (1/9/20)
- Time for failing to wear a seatbelt to be a primary offense (1/7/20)
- 'Gentle knight' should not be forgotten (1/6/20)
New Events Center name is fitting tribute to generous family
The MCC Events Center is a clean, no-nonsense modern facility that quietly goes about the business of supporting McCook Community College and the students it prepares for the future.
It's only fitting that it now bears the name of Peter and Dolores Graff, who have quietly gone about the business of improving the community they and their family call home.
The newly-named Peter and Dolores Graff Events Center is only the latest sign of a spirit of giving that has manifested itself in St. Patrick Church and School, Walsh Brady Hall and numerous other civic improvements.
Speaking at the renaming ceremony Wednesday, Mark Graff said his late father would have poo-hoo'd the attention, preferring to credit those around him, including the staff of McCook National Bank, customers, families and many others working together for the common good.
But there's no question the recognition is deserved, and reading the name on the building will be a continuing reminder.
It's gratifying to see local families and businesses that give back to the community that has made their success possible.
Generations of students to come will benefit from their generosity.