- Back-to-the-future for bad old disease (4/25/19)
- Husker volleyball event does our community proud (4/22/19)
- Tax plan a step in the right it is a tough sell (4/18/19)
- Officials face delicate balance in face of threats (4/17/19)
- Effective education can only take place on a full stomach (4/16/19)
- How long will you live? That depends ... (4/15/19)
- Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean somebody's not listening (4/11/19)
An outstanding citizen celebrates his 90th
One of McCook's most outstanding citizens, Pete Graff, celebrated his 90th birthday Sunday, Nov. 24, 2013.
Please join us in extending best wishes to Pete and his family for many years of dedicated service to our community.
Since coming to McCook to join the staff of McCook National Bank, Pete has guided the home-owned bank from a capital position of $592,401 in 1957 to the place today where MNB has $ 41.762 million in net Tier 1 capital as of Sept. 30, 2013. This provides unparalleled security for bank customers in the Southwest Nebraska/Northwest Kansas/Eastern Colorado region that the bank serves.
We will put that record of financial achievement up against any banker anywhere.
McCook, Nebraska and the surrounding region is fortunate that Pete Graff chose our town as his home for these past four decades. As the full page advertisement said in last week's Gazette, "We love you, Pete."