- Tax plan a step in the right it is a tough sell (4/18/19)
- Officials face delicate balance in face of threats (4/17/19)
- Effective education can only take place on a full stomach (4/16/19)
- How long will you live? That depends ... (4/15/19)
- Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean somebody's not listening (4/11/19)
- Safety must be top priority as spring farm season arrives (4/10/19)
- Don't hinder youth sports by criticizing officials (4/8/19)
A reminder to be a good neighbor
It appears most of the snow will miss Southwest Nebraska, but we're in for some cold weather, with highs in the teen through the weekend.
The City of McCook has put out a reminder that it is the responsibility of property owners to remove snow and sleet from sidewalks within 24 hours of the time the snow stops.
It's also up to business property owners to remove snow and businesses by 10 a.m. of the morning following the cessation of snow, as required by City Ordinance 94.01.
The law also prohibits the scooping, plowing or depositing of snow onto city streets from properties zoned commercially and residentially.