- Health care looks like safe bet for a future career (3/21/17)
- Check with state, IRS to see if you have money coming (3/9/17)
- New website coming Monday for mccookgazette.com (3/7/17)
- Idea of dumping daylight time is gaining traction (3/6/17)
- Protect your personal data during tax time (3/3/17)
- WOTUS action a step in right direction (3/1/17)
- State offering great ideas for summer travel (2/28/17)
This gift can enrich your loved one's life
Remember giving your son that special toy, only to see him have more fun playing with the box?
How about racking your brains to find that special article of clothing for your sister, only to have her, after a polite word of gratitude, ask if you, um, still had the receipt?
Ideally, we like to give gifts that will truly enrich our loved ones' lives, long after the wrapping paper is thrown away and the decorations taken down.
We heard of one great idea this week, especially for someone who lives in Southwest Nebraska, and who hasn't taken advantage of one of our great personal enrichment opportunities.
How about a gift certificate for college?
For an adult long out of college, to a traditional student just making the transition from high school, we can't think of anything with the potential for long-term impact.
"Gift certificates are a great way to help with the costs of continuing education," said Church Salestrom, Mid Plains Community College Area associate vice president of marketing, public information and development. "This truly is a gift that will keep on giving for a lifetime."
It's a simple process, according to Wendy Schramm, MPCC Area Staff Accountant. Just call her at (308) 535-3675 in North Platte or email firstname.lastname@example.org, or Janelle Hartzer in McCook at (308) 345-8101 or email@example.com
Gift certificates can be in any amount and used for tuition, fees, housing and meal plans at the college. They can also be used for courses that are offered for the Mid-Plains Center for Enterprise.