Vote against bond
I am writing in regard to the upcoming bond issue.
Just because we have expressed our opinion AGAINST THE BOND, does not mean in any way we are against improving our schools.
Absolutely, we want to see improvements, but I do not feel that all the options have been thoroughly investigated. The quality of education will not be affected if this takes another month, or year. We believe when you talk 7.4 to 6-8.7 (8.7 is the cost of one site, this was presented by the architects) million dollar projects, I personally could not put enough thought into this before pulling the trigger on the final decision.
Yes, eventually a decision has to be made. Absolutely, so let's make a confident decision that is going to influence our school district and citizens for the next century.
We feel the enthusiasm and energy level toward this hot topic is great. I would be concerned if no one voiced their concern or interest. So this being said, as much controversy and opinions are being presented, I feel we should take a step back and re-evaluate our options! VOTE AGAINST BOND AND RE-EVALUATE OPTIONS
By taking a step back to re-evaluate, many concerns will be raised that our schools will have to close until they are brought up to code.
How many schools have you heard of closing because they are not up to code? I believe none.
If they enforced this issue, there would probably not be many schools allowed to stay open in Southwest Nebraska, or the state. I feel this issue will not be an issue with the code problems because we are taking steps towards resolving this problem.
Maintaining the quality of education and doing what is best for the kids now and our future generations is number 1.
So let's make one decision in the next century, instead of fixing a decision that was not fully reviewed and doing this same process all over again, with a new issue of: How do we raise our taxes again and float another bond before the first one is even close to being paid off!
That we want to improve our schools is a fact. Everything discussed from future enrollments, possibly devaluation of irrigated land, and savings that come from running one school vs. two, are all arguments that no one can predict. I do believe to come together and do what is best for the district has yet to be fully evaluated. We are a Class D school!
Vote against the bond.
Clint and Kayla Schafer,