High: 102°F ~ Low: 69°F
Thursday, July 24, 2014
Economic StimulusPosted Tuesday, February 10, 2009, at 11:40 AM
The power brokers in our nation's capital have it all wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.
They have spent a countless hours on a stimulus package for what is termed the bleakest of the bleakest situations in decades.
But hey - they have it wrong.
If there is so much surplus (???) money - let's actually stimulate the economy. How about giving $100,000 tax free to say 10 million working, taxpaying Americans. I would gladly volunteer!!!
Now simply put this would be my plan. These aren't in order - but just what my goals would be.
1. Pay my bills.
2. Invest in my child's future - pay off the student loans.
3. Pay off the mortgage. (And maybe upgrade)
4. Take a vacation - an actual -get in a plane and go somewhere warm with rum drinks vacation.
5. Go to the beauty shop with my girls - and get "the" treatment - highlights, mani and pedis.
6. Get my teeth fixed.
7. Purchase a newer vehicle. (Notice not NEW but newer)
8. Go to Mall of the America and get Hubby a Vikings shirt.
9. Upgrade my "old" computer. Shoot I may even buy a "pretty" computer plus get a good digital camera.
10. Do some good works (donate to those special projects near and dear to the heart)
Plus I would still have about a little less than half left to invest in a retirement plan and travel excursions of the future plus more Viking shirts. HA!
See my plan is simple plus it doesn't take a bunch of hours and countless reams of paper or megabytes of computer space.
Gee, I can't understand why nobody asked me.... hmmm. LOL
Showing comments in chronological order
[Show most recent comments first]