Smokey fire

Tuesday, April 3, 2018
A McCook firefighter uses foam to help extinguish smoldering tires inside a wooden storage shed burning about 11:15 a.m., Monday, adjacent to Janssen-Kool Honda at 711 West C in McCook. Fire chief Marc Harpham suspects the fire started with cigarettes/extinguished cigarettes in a smoking area. He estimated damage to the storage building (a total loss) and to glass panels in the overhead garage door on the south side of the dealership/repair shop at $10,000. There was no value to the storage shed’s contents, he said, as it was scrap materials and tires. Nothing inside the dealership was damaged, Harpham said, and no one was injured.
Connie Jo Discoe/McCook Gazette

Respond to this story

Posting a comment requires free registration: