- Morris on Norris: Teacher rules reaction (10/10/18)
- Rules for Teachers — 1914 (10/5/18)
- McCook as 'Capital of Buffalo Commons' (8/26/16)
- Ease of getting to McCook destinations a definite plus (8/19/16)
- Elks lodge property, looking for a few great ideas (7/27/16)
- Cheerleading runs in this family (7/20/16)
- Fuller's Restaurant chosen as best diner in Nebraska (7/8/16)
What's Gretchen Sehnert's job during home Husker games?
By Gene O. Morris
McCOOK, Nebraska -- Here's a quiz, but it's no fair to answer if you are a close personal friend of Gretchen Sehnert, a 2011 graduate of McCook High School who is now a nursing student at the University of Nebraska Medical Center's Lincoln campus?
Okay, here's the question: Where has Gretchen been doing during every Husker home football game for the past two seasons, and where is she going to be during every Husker home game of the 2014 season?
Well, let me tell you. Grethen, the 20-year-old daughter of Matt and Shelly Sehnert of McCook, has been the Suite Box hostess for Tom Osborne and his family in the north section of Memorial Stadium in Lincoln during every Husker game of 2012 and 2013.
What an unbelievable thrill it has been for Gretchen for each and every game.
And, to cap it off, guess what Gretchen's answer was in her hostess interview when she was asked who her favorite Husker of all time was?
Gretchen didn't miss a beat: "My Opa Walt is my favorite Husker." Who, the incredulous interviewers asked? Gretchen told them right quick: "Opa means Grandpa in German. I'm referring to my grandfather, Walt Sehnert of Plainview and later McCook. He played for the University of Nebraska Cornhuskers during the war years ... and he's my greatest hero of all time."