McCOOK, Nebraska -- Items the McCook School Board of Education will be asked to approve at Monday night's regular meeting include a donation from Wagner Ford and the district's technology plan.
The meeting is 6:30 p.m. at the Junior High conference room.
Wagner Ford coordinated a promotion last month where the business pledged $20 per person who test drove a vehicle. The school board will be asked to approve the contribution Monday night.
The board will also be asked to approve the technology plan, that is required to be submitted to the state to receive funding. There are no major changes or additions, said Rick Haney, McCook School District Business Manager.
Also on tap for Monday's meeting:
* Haney will give an update on the refurbished bleachers in the junior high gym. The two sets of retractable bleachers were outfitted with bottom steps and steps up each side, along with safety panels on the sides.
* Superintendent Grant Norgaard will update the board on the federal government's "Common Core" learning standards.
* the board will be asked to approve the recognition of the McCook Education Association as the negotiating body for teachers for the 2014-15 school year.
* members of the McCook High School FFA program will report on the national convention and district contests
* reports will be given on the accelerated reading program and student recognition, McCook Elementary PTO and MHS Student Council.