[mccookgazette.com] Overcast ~ 71°F  
High: 74°F ~ Low: 58°F
Saturday, July 2, 2016

Ventilating smoke, heat

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

(Photo)
Connie Jo Discoe/McCook Daily Gazette
McCook, Nebraska, firefighters ventilate smoke and heat through a window and a hole cut in the roof of the home at 1105 East A about midnight today. Fire Chief Marc Harpham reported that the residents tried to extinguish a fire in the bedroom with a garden hose before seeking the help of a neighbor and calling 9-1-1. Firefighters reported visible smoke as they approached. A Nebraska state fire marshal tracked the cause of the fire to an extension cord on the bedroom floor. The fire caused extensive fire and heat damage throughout the house; initial damages are estimated at more than $20,000 to the structure and $10,000 to contents. No one was injured. Harpham's report early this morning did not indicate the name of the owner of the house. Fire department staff and investigators were on the scene for about four hours. Harpham counted 18 firefighters, two pumpers, one ladder truck, one command vehicle and two ambulances on the scene.


Fact Check
See inaccurate information in this story?


Respond to this story

Posting a comment requires free registration: