Farm equipment 101

Friday, June 29, 2012

Dear Editor

A combine is a moving machine that simultaniously cuts the grain heads from the stalks and seperates the grain from the chaff. Hence, the name, combine. A thrashing machine is stationary and performs only the latter operation. Bill Coe's picture on page 10 in the June 28 paper is a thrashing machine, not a combine.

Ray Haag

Bartley, Nebraska

Respond to this story

Posting a comment requires free registration: