McCOOK, Nebraska -- Red Willow County Commissioners will consider more steps toward construction of a new jail at Monday's weekly meeting.
In an item scheduled for 11:45 a.m. in the commissioners room at the courthouse, the board will meet with Wes Bradish and Nate Eckloff, RBC Capital Markets, on financing for the proposed jail project.
That will be followed at 12:15 p.m. by an executive session regarding purchase of real estate at 520 Norris Ave., an apartment building that would have to be cleared if the jail were built on that spot.
Other items on Monday's meeting include:
* A decision on whether to meet Jan. 30, the fifth Monday of the month.
* Discussion of a loan from the CDBG Revolving Loan Fund to Willow Creek Meats.
* A resolution submitted by Dan Stramel on establishing a petty cash fund of $5,000 for the Veteran Affairs Committee.
* A memorandum of understanding for the Juvenile Services Aid Program for fiscal year 2012-13.
* Discussion of bridge inspections by county engineer Gary Dicenta.
* Consideration of an agreement with the Nebraska Department of Roads to obtain federal aid funding for a 2012 Fracture Critical Bridge Inspection for a bridge that crosses Silver Creek.