McCOOK, Nebraska -- The McCook City Council will conduct a hearing at 7 p.m. today at council chambers, to hear an appeal from Sharon Boley on her property at 8101⁄2 W. Fourth Street.
The property was recently declared a nuisance by the McCook Board of Health.
Four other properties will be considered for declaration as unsafe nuisance properties; 200 Airport Road, 211 West P Street, 1416 W. Fairacres and 1418 W. Fairacres.
Dan Smith, General Manager of the Middle Republican Natural Resources District, will make a presentation to the City Council regarding how the Integrated Management Plan will affect the city and surrounding areas.
The MRNRD Board of Directors was split on a 6-5 vote when approving the IMP, with critics of the plan claiming it would have a negative impact on recreational lakes in the Red Willow County area.
Other items on the consent and regular agenda:
* The bid for a new 4-wheel drive rubber-tire loader to be used at the transfer station has been recommended for award to Nebraska Machine in the amount of $86,000.
* Intercity bus agreements with the Nebraska Department of Roads and Dashabout Roadrunner, Inc., will be considered for approval.
* Janssen Kool Honda has requested a special liquor license for a mixer on Nov. 17, 2010.
* Wells Fargo Bank plans a mixer in conjunction with the McCook Area Chamber of Commerce on Dec. 8, 2010, and has requested a special liquor license.
* The mayor's appointments to the Board of Zoning Adjustment, Community Redevelopment Authority Advisory Board, Housing Agency Board and the Planning Commission will be considered for ratification.