McCOOK, Nebraska -- The McCook City Council will review a $100,000 claim for damages at Tuesday's semi-monthly meeting, 7:30 p.m. at City Council Chambers.
The claim was filed by attorneys for Beverly Spilinek as a result of a September 2009 accident involving her 1993 Ford Taurus, which was backed into by a city garbage truck. The claim cites thousands of dollars in medical and dental bills, wages lost because of inability to work in the past and future and loss of earning capacity, among other damages.
Council members will also consider authorizing the sale of two properties acquired as part of recent demolition projects.
Howard and Barbara Musgrave wish to purchase 206 W. Seventh and a portion of "miscellaneous McCook" also located at the West McCook addition for $5,000. Paul Monzon has requested to purchase 410 South Street for $6,000.
City Council members have previously expressed their desire to ensure the recently cleared properties are sold to individuals who plan to redevelop the lots.
* The City of McCook has been awarded NSP (Neighborhood Stabilization Program) funds to demolish West Ward School and the City Council will review conditions of the funds as well as those set forth by the State Historic Preservation Office.
* The second of three required readings for approval of the 2010-11 city employee pay plan is scheduled.
* The 2010-11 city budget will be considered for approval upon its third and final reading.
* Jenny Blankenship of Public Financial Management will further review planning models for future water and sewer rates. The City Council will subsequently consider the ordinance to increase sewer rates by $1 per month, upon its second of three required readings.
* Review of a Memorandum of Understanding regarding the contract between the city and the McCook Professional Firefighters Association union.
* The bid for the south city parking lot repair will be awarded.
* Council will review a request for a special liquor license from Ho Jo's Hideaway for the Mule Deer Foundation Fund Raiser, Oct. 9, 2010.