McCOOK, Nebraska -- The McCook City Council will finalize the building footprint of proposed municipal facilities and agree to a budget amount for the project at Mondays semi-monthly meeting, 7:30 p.m., at Memorial Auditorium.
Council members will review and approve the language to be put before voters in the November election, seeking construction approval of the multi-million dollar municipal facility that will house Police and Fire Departments as well as City administration staff.
The third and final budget workshop will also take place with council members continuing the review of the city's 2010-11 proposed budget.
Other items on the Regular and Consent Agenda include;
* Consideration toward directing City staff to work out a purchase agreement with the McCook Housing Agency for a portion of city-owned property.
* A recommendation to accept the State of Nebraska DHHS rate of $5.36 for under 60 congregate and home delivered meals from the Heritage Senior Center will be considered.
* Award demolition contracts for seven residential properties, 710 W. Fourth, No. 23 South Street, 606 W. Third, 208 West 10th, 202 S. Seventh, 105 S. Seventh and 1306 West 12th.
* Review of a declaration deeming three residences as unsafe nuisance properties and the subsequent direction of staff to abate the nuisances; 606 W. Third, 710 W. Fourth and 1403 West 14th.
* The city seeks authorization to act as agent for the submission of a tax credit application for services provided by W Design on behalf of the McCook Economic Development Corporation.
* The city's Financial Report for the quarter ending June 30, 2010, will be received and filed.
* An Executive Session may be held upon a majority vote of the Council, for the protection of the public interests, for a strategy session with respect to collective bargaining with the McCook Professional Firefighters Association Local 2100 and the Fraternal Order of Police Lodge 57.