Partnering with the county on a public safety center is one of the topics the McCook City Council will consider at its special meeting Monday night, 6 p.m. at the fire training room at the McCook Public Safety Center, 500 West B.
The meeting will start off with a tour for the public of the city police and fire stations, followed by discussion.
After discussion, the council will direct city staff on long range municipality needs.
Topics the council will discuss include:
* Are there similar Sheriff/County needs that can benefit with a joint facility? Does the city wish to partner on such a project?
* Space and use needs for the fire and police departments, and city offices
* What are the limitations or advantages of remodeling the current emergency operations center (public safety center)?
* What are the limitations or advantages of remodeling the National Guard Armory?
* Costs of remodeling West Ward School /functionality
* Options available to reduce costs of a new facility
* Costs of a new building for police and city administration/functionality
* Options to reduce costs of a new facility
* Funding methods and options: annual operating budget; sales tax; general obligation bond; build in phases
* Cost of doing projects now versus putting it off
* Discussion of past bond failure
* Discussion of the future of West Ward school
* Additional topics