Memorial United Methodist collecting healthkits for Haiti
Memorial United Methodist Church is collecting items to be sent to Haiti through the United Methodist Committee on Relief organization. UMCOR is a first responder, taking or sending health kits into countries or areas of disaster. The health kit contents include:
* 1 hand towel (15"x25" up to 17"x27", no kitchen towels please)
* 1 washcloth
* 1 comb (large and sturdy, not pocket-sized)
* 1 metal nail file or fingernail clippers (no emery boards or toenail clippers)
* 1 bath-size bar or soap (3 oz. and up)
* 1 adult size toothbrush (must be single brushes in original wrapper, no child-size brushes)
* 6 adhesive plastic strip sterile bandages
* $1 to purchase toothpaste (it is purchased in bulk and added to the kits at the UMCOR relief depot to ensure that the product does not expire before the kits are sent)
Instructions: Place all items in a one gallon plastic zip-lock bag and bring to the church or donate the items above in bulk and we will have a packing party and put the kits together for you. The kits will then be shipped to the relief depot to be distributed to those in Haiti.
Note: They also need to send $1 per kit for processing and shipping costs from the depot to Haiti.
For more information, call the church office at (308) 345-2445.