Feels like: 4°F
Monday, Dec. 9, 2013
Truth...Posted Wednesday, October 24, 2007, at 4:05 PM
many of us seek just that ...and so, "it" goes in this old world and in "Life"...
I've been told (or I saw it, or read it somewhere - sometime ago...) that we each have been given a power so devine that not even the angels possess it, that power would be the power to choose. Free agency. Free Will.
"Most people are about as happy as what they make up their mind to be." That is a favorite Abraham Lincoln quote.
Some of us never face that truth: our ability to choose - LIFE!
I told someone just today - that it amazes me how death can very much, do just that - reaffirm life. People can be so tender and good when they look into the face of another's pain - and empathsize...
Some folks spend entire life-times in victim mode.
Some of us look with in and grasp it - this truth: our power to choose, for ourselves, many of our experiences in this world right along with how we preceive them.
We alone determine our outlook and our attitudes - for better or for worse.
Some people take that power of choice to the nth degree, holding on tight for the wildest ride they can get - while the gettin' is good. Most of us strike a pose, or two, somewhere inbetween the extremes.
Sometimes we're the adventurer soul - daring any road (or short-cut) less traveled.
Sometimes we're the wounded child looking for a soft place to fall...grateful for the rest we find there, for the comfort and relief.
I got the the following "list" as an incoming e-mail from someone this week. I had not seen it before (maybe you have). I thought I would share it here... this being a "blog" and all.
Whether you've seen this before or not, I'm sure you'll agree: it's a feel good list!
Please make sure you forward this back to me . . . You'll see why at the end. Think about them one at a time before going on to the next one. It Does Make You Feel Good, especially #45.
1. Falling in love.
2. Laughing so hard your face hurts.
3. A hot shower.
4. No lines at the supermarket.
5. A special glance.
6. Getting mail.
7. Taking a drive on a pretty road.
8. Hearing your favorite song on the radio.
9. Lying in bed listening to the rain outside.
10. Hot towels fresh out of the dryer.
11. Chocolate milkshake (vanilla or strawberry).
12. A bubble bath.
14. A good conversation.
15. The beach
16. Finding a 20 dollar bill in your coat from last winter.
17. Laughing at yourself.
18. Looking into their eyes and knowing they Love you
19. Midnight phone calls that last for hours.
20. Running through sprinklers.
21. Laughing for absolutely no reason at all.
22. Having someone tell you that you're beautiful.
23. Laughing at an inside joke with FRIENDS
25. Accidentally overhearing someone say something nice about you.
26. Waking up and realizing you still have a few hours left to sleep.
27. Your first kiss (either the very first or with a new partner).
28. Making new friends or spending time with old ones.
29. Playing with a new puppy.
30. Having someone play with your hair.
31. Sweet dreams.
32. Hot chocolate.
33. Road trips with friends.
34. Swinging on swings.
35. Making eye contact with a cute stranger.
36. Making chocolate chip cookies.
37. Having your friends send you homemade cookies.
38. Holding hands with someone you care about.
39. Running into an old friend and realizing that some things (good or bad) never change.
40. Watching the expression on someone's face as they open a much desired present from you.
41. Watching the sunrise.
42. Getting out of bed every morning and being grateful for another beautiful day.
43. Knowing that somebody misses you.
44. Getting a hug from someone you care about deeply.
45. Knowing you've done the right thing, no matter what other people think.
Pass on These Natural Highs to at Least 7 People in the Next Half Hour and Something Fantastic Will Happen to You in the Next Few Hours. Be sure to send it back to the person who sent it to you!
Lord, keep Your arm around my shoulder and Your hand over my mouth.
Life is short, Break a few rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile. Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we should dance.