Folks from Minnesota seem to have a reputation. Now what that reputation might be I'll leave up to you, but I've found that that a good sense of humor should be included in almost any Minnesotans reputation.
I think I might have gotten off on the right foot with a couple of Margie's relatives with a Christmas card I addressed to some of her farming relatives near Sebeka. Instead of addressing the card to their address, I sent it to them at "Up North", included the zip code, and of course it got delivered correctly in what seemed like record time. Guess they thought it was cute, looking back at it, I'm not so sure but I digress...
Ever since the card addressing incident, I've gotten many great emails from up north folk, and I try and share a few of my favorites. Here is the latest from Brian's inbox...
Up North Commandments
1. Der's only one God, ya know.
2. Don't make that fish on your mantle an idol.
3. Cussin ain't Minnesota nice.
4. Go to church even when you're up nort.
5. Honor your folks.
6. Don't kill. Catch and release.
7. There's only one Lena for every Ole. No cheatin.
8. If it ain't your lutefisk, don't take it. (I'm gonna get hammered for this, but what is a lutefisk...really.)
9. Don't be braggin 'bout how much snow ya shoveled.
10. Keep your mind off your neighbor's hotdish.